• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Had complications when I made my final payment this evening.

Memaw2Wm

DIS Veteran
I booked my upcoming August vacation last October on Disney's website. I made reservations for an early morning flight out of D.C. with a night flight (9:00PM) home.

Made my final payment this evening, then noticed the return trip flight had been changed ... ARGH! ... the flight # was different and instead of leaving Orlando at 9:00PM it left at 4:35PM.

I was a *tad bit* upset as I was looking forward to having a full day at Disney before flying home ... so I imediately called Disney.

The girl in reservations was GREAT!!! Apparently Delta doesn't have the late night flight anymore ... the CM got Delta on the line ... Delta changed my flight to the next morning (which was $300 cheaper) and removed the $1,000 penalty for changing the flight.

Then the CM got me another night at FW for $260 (2 adults 2 kids). Luckily my rental car wasn't due back until Sept 1st ... so we ended up with another night in Disney and SAVED $40!!!

I probably could have saved more if we move off-site for that last night, but I rather not have to fool with moving our stuff to an off-site hotel. However, the CM did say that I could cancel the final night's reservation w/o penalty 5 days in advance in case I found a deal I couldn't resist!

The only "hitch" in this is that our final night had to be put on a separate reservation and we'll have to go to the front desk on Sunday and get new "keys".

OH! And I made the last of our ps reservations tonight.

I'm glad it all worked out! And how great that you were able to stay an extra day- so that it all worked out to another night/day yet saving $40!! What a deal... magic, baby. :)

That's great that it worked out so well for you. We weren't so lucky...we had 7am flights out of Boston and 7pm out of Orlando coming home. Both flights were cancelled and re-booked. Now we're flying out at 11:35am from Boston and 4:35 from Orlando. The return flight isn't too bad, but we're really bummed about the flight down. When we take the 7am flight, we're at the Magic Kingdom by Noon! Our new flight doesn't get us into Orlando until 2:30, then probably 3:30 by the time we get to the hotel. Oh well, what can you do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter