Guilty of Being Innocent of Eating Too Little! ~ July 2011 Dining Review *Next Trip!

I'm willing to bet everytime he shows up at a movie premier, he realizes he's "all of our side of beef " !!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ah ha ha!!!! I love it!!!!:lmao::lmao:

Haha! So good! :lmao:
I loved ur little story about meeting Jack!!!!
So funny when I saw Jack our last trip, I felt a little starstruck myself!And I'm 29!!!:lmao: I think my husband started to get a little jealous.:snooty: After all, that is some serious eye candy. pirate:Whatever... Cinderella asked my DH to dance, I was...:sick:. LOL!!!!!:rotfl2:

Ah ha ha!!!! I love it!!!!:lmao::lmao:

I loved ur little story about meeting Jack!!!!
So funny when I saw Jack our last trip, I felt a little starstruck myself!And I'm 29!!!:lmao: I think my husband started to get a little jealous.:snooty: After all, that is some serious eye candy. pirate:Whatever... Cinderella asked my DH to dance, I was...:sick:. LOL!!!!!:rotfl2:

Oh man, that's so funny! It's had to pass by Jack and not immediately fall in love...:lovestruc

Is there such a thing as being to close to that. I am thinking NO. Love the pics.

Definitely not! :lmao:

Joining in... popcorn::

Great, thanks for coming along! :thumbsup2

Day 3 – Lunch Time​

After quite an eventful morning, it was time for lunch. Since we were in the area, we decided to stop at Pecos Bill. Whenever my family goes here we normally end up with cold burgers and sad, undercooked fries. Despite this, we always go back because there is nothing like a Pecos Bill burger to start a vacation! I guess you could say it has become a sort of tradition. :thumbsup2

One of the great things about Pecos Bill is the “Fixin's Bar.” There is the normal ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles, but there is also cheese sauce, and sautéed mushrooms and onions. Definitely the best topping bar on property!

My dad got the 1/3-Pound Cheeseburger with fries ($8.09):
101_0263.jpg

The rest of us got the Kid’s Hamburger meal ($4.99):
101_0264.jpg

101_0265.jpg

We each got white milk as our drink. As for the sides, my brother and I got fries and a cookie, while my mom got applesauce and grapes.

101_0268.jpg

101_0267.jpg

Overall, this was a pretty decent lunch. Surprisingly, the burgers were actually warm and the fries were crispy! I do wish they would return to the white buns though, sigh. Also, just for future reference, the only difference between our kid’s hamburger and my dad’s cheeseburger is a slightly larger bun and, of course, cheese. They all had the same size patty.

Andrew finished before the rest of us, so while he was waiting he reverted back to his two-year old self and constructed this:

101_0269.jpg

We are all just so proud of his accomplishments… :sad2:

This lunch receives a…
barbossa.jpg

The total for this lunch came to $24.78.

Coming up: Dinner in the land of Polynesia.

Great dining review! I love all the pirate ratings. I can't wait to read about the rest of your meals. :goodvibes

Day 3 - Dinner

After lunch we went on a few more attractions, participated in the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party (I love this!), and watched the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade. At this point my family split up – my brother and I stayed in the park, while my parents went back to the room to do some laundry. After a few hours we started to get hungry and with a storm quickly approaching, my brother and I contacted our parents to make plans for dinner. We all decided we were hankering to visit the Islands of Polynesia, so what better place to eat than Captain Cook’s over at the Polynesian Resort?

101_0379.jpg

I got a Caesar Salad and a side of Polynesian Chips:
101_0374.jpg

This was very good! I love Caesar salads and this one was excellent.

101_0375.jpg

The Polynesian chips have definitely changed over the years and not for the better. When Captain Cook’s reopened after its renovation a few years ago the chips consisted of blue/red tortilla chips, sweet potato chips, and fried wontons. They were awesome! :thumbsup2 Over the years, they have gotten rid of this variety – the tortilla chips were the first to go, then the sweet potato chips. Now they have soggy fried potato chips and a few stale fried wontons. These sadly weren’t good at all. :sad2:

Andrew got the Kid’s Grilled Cheese with Mickey Milk, Grapes, and Chocolate Pudding ($4.99):
101_0376.jpg

Obviously, the person making this didn’t quite understand that the bread is supposed to be toasted, rather than just buttered :confused3. Despite this, Andrew still liked it. (I secretly think he only gets the kid’s meal here so he can get the chocolate pudding – it is Kozy Shack and real good!)

My Dad got the Chicken Sandwich with Steamed Vegetables ($9.09):
101_0377.jpg

He didn’t really enjoy this, as it had too many seasonings and the sauce on the chicken made the bun all soggy. The veggies were bleh.

My Mom got a PB&J Uncrustable ($2.49) and brought some peaches with her:
101_0378.jpg

Nothing really caught her eye here, so she stuck with the old standby. This was just okay – nothing great.

Captain Cook’s was definitely lacking this time around, as the only really good entrée was my Caesar salad. We would probably come here to try out breakfast, but wouldn’t make a special trip back here to eat.

Because of this, Captain Cook’s gets a…
gibbs.gif

This came to a total of $25.83.

Up Next: We need more food...Time for dessert!

Day 3 - Ending​

After a not-so-successful dinner, we retreated back to POR. We hung out in our room for a while and decided to take a walk outside once the storm subsided. As we were walking we just happened to wander into the Riverside Mill Food Court…:rolleyes1 Well, since we were in the neighborhood, we concluded that we should have something to eat.

Sorry about the poor pictures! I forgot the camera and my phone in our room, so I used my dad’s old trac phone to take these. The pictures don’t do these desserts justice.

My brother and I each got a piece of chocolate cake ($3.59):
IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

The cake was very moist and had tons of frosting. It was sooo good!

My dad got a hot fudge sundae with chocolate ice cream ($3.99):
IMG_0945.jpg

This sundae was huge! There were about 4 scoops of ice cream and plenty of hot fudge and whipped cream. He loved this!

My mom got apple crisp with vanilla ice cream ($3.59):
IMG_0944.jpg

This apple crisp was fresh from the oven. Lots of apples and crumbly topping. My mom thought this was perfect with the ice cream.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our desserts and thought they were gosh darn delicious! They definitely made up for our poor dinner.

These receive a…
jack.jpg

Dessert Total: $17.95 – Not too bad, considering the amount of food we got.

Next up: Character breakfast!

I love your review so far! It is so much fun! I leave for my trip in 10 days and we are staying at POR, so it's cool to see some of the meals that you had at the food court there - I'm actually glad you're reviewing a lot of the counter service meals. We already know all about the places we have ADRs for, but the CS ones we will have to make a decision that day. Your Columbia Harbor House review has already made me think that is one of the places we will try!

Oh that cake looks heavenly! It's on my list for our first day at POR in Nov!

Trust me, you will not be disappointed! You can't go wrong with any desserts there.

I love your review so far! It is so much fun! I leave for my trip in 10 days and we are staying at POR, so it's cool to see some of the meals that you had at the food court there - I'm actually glad you're reviewing a lot of the counter service meals. We already know all about the places we have ADRs for, but the CS ones we will have to make a decision that day. Your Columbia Harbor House review has already made me think that is one of the places we will try!

Thank you! :)

That's so exciting! I see that this trip is going to be for your honeymoon. Congratulations!!! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time! :goodvibes

Day 4

Today was the day for our first table service meal! We had made reservations at 1900 Park Fare for 10:30, as we decided this would be our day to sleep in and rest a bit. We were ready by 9:00, so we headed over to the Grand Floridian!

101_0383.jpg

I love this resort! And the lobby is absolutely stunning!

101_0390.jpg

We were about an hour early for our reservation, but they said they could seat us right away. We had never dined here for breakfast before, so we were all very excited. They took a picture of all four of us and we were seated immediately.

101_0392.jpg

Our server started us out with juice and gave us a carafe with coffee.

101_0405.jpg

This juice was so good! I believe it was made of orange juice, mango juice, and grapefruit juice. My dad and I loved it, but my mom and brother didn’t care for it. :confused3 My mom got a glass of apple juice, while Andrew got orange juice.

My dad’s plate:
101_0399.jpg

Clockwise from top: Biscuit with gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cantaloupe and honeydew melon, pineapple, and a slice of French toast.

See the coffee carafe in the background? My dad drank the entire thing! He sure does love his coffee.

My mom’s plate:
101_0400.jpg

Clockwise from top: Grapes, Mickey waffle, pancake with bananas foster sauce, scrambled eggs, ham, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, and a croissant.

Andrew’s plates:
101_0402.jpg

Clockwise from top: Sticky bun, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, blueberry yogurt with granola, lobster benedict, and scrambled eggs.

101_0411.jpg

Clockwise from top: Chocolate croissant, ham, Mickey waffle, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, and blueberry yogurt with granola.

101_0424.jpg

Clockwise from top: Plain croissant, chocolate croissant, and ham.

My plates:
101_0404.jpg

Clockwise from top: Bacon, hash browns, sticky bun, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, biscuit, strawberries, and sausage.

101_0403.jpg

Strawberry soup

101_0410.jpg

Mickey waffles and French toast with bananas foster sauce and syrup

Sorry, I missed some plates here and there. I gets kind of tricky to take pictures of food when characters are coming around and people keep going up to get more food.

The Verdict:
This was definitely one of the best breakfasts I have ever had at WDW! :worship: Everything was delicious! The highlights were the bread pudding with vanilla sauce (Oh. My. Gosh. – definitely the best bread pudding I’ve ever had in my entire life!!), the strawberry soup, and the bananas foster sauce for the French toast/waffles/pancakes. They only thing I would skip would be the biscuits, as they were a tad bit dry (unless covered with gravy :laughing:).

Andrew ate so much food that he was about to explode. I really don’t know how he managed to eat so much. After he had three plates, we all told him he should stop. So what does he do? Goes and gets another plate, of course! I warned him that he was going to explode, so he assured me that he was only going to eat a little more. And what does he do? He cleans his entire plate! :sad2: Let’s just say he had a heck of a time walking out of there (we literally almost had to roll him out, haha!) :rotfl:

Another great thing about this breakfast was the characters. We saw Pooh, Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. Definitely a great variety!

The only negative comment I have is about the service. Our server came to our table at the beginning to give us our juice, and then disappeared. We had to hunt her down in order to get the apple juice and orange juice for my mom and brother. She only came back to check on us once and to give us our bill. I also didn’t like the fact that someone comes around to all the tables to see if you want to purchase the picture from earlier. We decided not to and the cast member acted a little disgusted. It seems like such a waste to print out pictures for people who don’t have intensions of buying them.

Other than that, we had a fabulous meal and will definitely be returning! :thumbsup2

1900 Park Fare gets a…
jack.jpg

Each meal for us was $26.62. The total with tax and tip came to $124.46, which is quite a bit of money for a single meal. This is why we normally limit ourselves to a few TS meals a trip (a couple of old favorites and a couple of new ones). Even though this does cost a lot, it is definitely worth it. We truly enjoyed this meal and often think about the great times we had here.

Up next: Off to Epcot!

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that I'll be moving back into college tomorrow. I'll be unpacking and getting situated for a couple days, as classes start on Monday. I probably won't get to post any new updates for a few days, but I promise I'll be back early next week! Thanks again to everyone for reading! :goodvibes

I'm so glad to hear that you like 1900 PF !!! that was one of our favs too....I have to say, we liked the characters at dinner more than we did at breakfast. ( Alice was a no-show on our day. who knew Alice in Wonderland could call in sick ?) :confused3 Next time, try the dinner buffet... the characters are priceless !!! :goodvibes

Good luck at school !!!! :banana:

I'll be unpacking and getting situated for a couple days, as classes start on Monday. I probably won't get to post any new updates for a few days, but I promise I'll be back early next week! :goodvibes

No, say it isn't so. :scared1::scared1:

In other words, I have been enjoying your reviews - thank you very much. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter