Guilty of Being Innocent of Eating Too Little! ~ July 2011 Dining Review *Next Trip!

Good luck with school!
I'm excited that you enjoyed 1900 Park Fare..we are trying it for the first time in Sept! Most people review it for dinner so it's good to have a breakfast review for once!

Now, I'm excited for our 1900 PF res. It looks extremely good. Lobster eggs Ben?:rotfl: Really? I so hope they have that in Nov.I'll try the van bread pudding since you loved it so. I would normally skip it but I have to try it now! Don't think I ever had bread pudding of any kind. :confused3

Good luck moving back to college! Hopefully you aren't anywhere on the East Coast. My brother moved back to college this morning and they're already talking about potentially cancelling classes Monday.

But anyway, love your review of 1900 Park Fare! That breakfast looks so good! :goodvibes

I'm so glad to hear that you like 1900 PF !!! that was one of our favs too....I have to say, we liked the characters at dinner more than we did at breakfast. ( Alice was a no-show on our day. who knew Alice in Wonderland could call in sick ?) :confused3 Next time, try the dinner buffet... the characters are priceless !!! :goodvibes

Good luck at school !!!! :banana:

Thank you! :goodvibes

I really did love 1900 Park Fare. It was definitely one of the best meals of our trip. I would really like to have dinner here next time. Which characters are there at dinner?

No, say it isn't so. :scared1::scared1:

In other words, I have been enjoying your reviews - thank you very much. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading along! I'm glad you are enjoying the reviews, as I love to write them. I wish it weren't time for classes to start, but only one more year and then I will be done! :thumbsup2

Good luck with school!
I'm excited that you enjoyed 1900 Park Fare..we are trying it for the first time in Sept! Most people review it for dinner so it's good to have a breakfast review for once!

Thanks!! I'm sure you will love it! There is such a great variety and really good character interaction. Have a wonderful trip!! :woohoo:

Now, I'm excited for our 1900 PF res. It looks extremely good. Lobster eggs Ben?:rotfl: Really? I so hope they have that in Nov.I'll try the van bread pudding since you loved it so. I would normally skip it but I have to try it now! Don't think I ever had bread pudding of any kind. :confused3

Yeah, there were so many different types of food. The bread pudding there is so good! So light, creamy, and lots of vanilla sauce. Yummmm!

Good luck moving back to college! Hopefully you aren't anywhere on the East Coast. My brother moved back to college this morning and they're already talking about potentially cancelling classes Monday.

But anyway, love your review of 1900 Park Fare! That breakfast looks so good! :goodvibes

Thank you! I actually am on the East Coast, but we were far enough away that we only had rain and some wind. I hope your brother is okay!

Thanks! It was truly a breakfast I will never forget!

Day 4 - Ending​

After that ridiculously awesome breakfast, we hung out in the Grand Floridian for a while and eventually made our way over to Epcot. We were all pretty full, but none of us could compare to Andrew’s level. He could barely walk! :laughing: We all thought this was incredibly funny and made sure to tell him that he should always listen to us. :rolleyes1

Once inside Epcot we went on Spaceship Earth and explored World Showcase. We stopped at the American Garden Theater Stage to listen to the Sounds Like Summer Concert that was going on. By this point it was around 6:00 and I was definitely ready to eat dinner. After reading so many good reviews about Tangierine Cafe, I knew I wanted to head over to Morocco.

The rest of my family was still not too hungry and weren’t feeling adventurous at all. :confused3 They decided to wait until they got back to the resort to have something light.

I got the Chicken Shawarma Platter - served with side of Hummus, Tabouleh and a Tangierine Couscous Salad with fresh Moroccan bread ($11.99):
101_0485.jpg

Doesn’t this look awesome? I really enjoyed this dinner! It definitely lived up to my expectations after hearing so many good things about the platters here. They only thing I didn't eat here was the Hummus, as I'm not a huge fan of it. This is definitely a large serving of food, so I would recommend sharing it.

I give this a…
barbossa.jpg

With tax, this came to a total of $12.77.

After I had finished eating, we continued our explorations around the second half of World Showcase and headed out. We went back to our room and dropped off our stuff. Everyone else was hungry, so we went over to the Riverside Mill Food Court, where my mom, dad, and brother got some cold cereal and milk. I didn’t want to miss a chance at having yet another delicious dessert ;), so I got a hot fudge sundae with mint chocolate chip ice cream. I forgot my camera and phone in the room, yet again, so unfortunately I have no pictures of this food to share with you.

I really loved my sundae! There was lots of ice cream and hot fudge and a generous amount of whipped cream. Everybody else liked their cereal, but it wasn’t anything too great or memorable.

The total for this came to $15.61.

The cereal gets a…
gibbs.gif

While my sundae gets a…
jack.jpg

Bet you didn’t think you would get three ratings in a single review!

Up next: Breakfast and our journey into the jungles of Animal Kingdom.

joining in a little late - oops. Enjoying your reviews and love love love your rating system. Looking forward to more. We almost never eat the "free" breakfast at hotels - excpet maybe cereal and toast - those eggs always gross me out! pbj is my stand by when I don't have anything in the pantry : ).

We havn't been to chh in awhile - think it will be on the list for out trip this year.

I have to agree with you about the shawarma platter. I had it for the first time on our last trip and it was awesome!:thumbsup2

Tangeriene Cafe is one of those places that I always mean to try and somehow never do. It looks good, though, so maybe next time.

I have heard good things about the Tangeriene Cafe. I'm not a huge fan of hummus either but my fiance really likes it.

I also wanted to let you know that we decided to add a breakfast reservation to our honeymoon trip next week - and thanks in large part to your review, we decided on 1900 Park Fare! I'm definitely excited for it! :goodvibes

We were also okay with the hurricane... not nearly as bad here as expected, though not too far away got hit pretty badly. We were lucky that we didn't even lose power, though apparently almost half of the people in our county did.

I'm really enjoying your reviews! Great rating system! And I'm a little jealous of you getting picked by Captain Jack :love:

joining in a little late - oops. Enjoying your reviews and love love love your rating system. Looking forward to more. We almost never eat the "free" breakfast at hotels - excpet maybe cereal and toast - those eggs always gross me out! pbj is my stand by when I don't have anything in the pantry : ).

We havn't been to chh in awhile - think it will be on the list for out trip this year.

You know what they always say, "better late than never!" Thanks for joining in :) CHH is definitely a good pick for CS in the MK.

I have to agree with you about the shawarma platter. I had it for the first time on our last trip and it was awesome!:thumbsup2

Yes, that was definitely great and a really good deal!

Tangeriene Cafe is one of those places that I always mean to try and somehow never do. It looks good, though, so maybe next time.

Haha! I was the same way. I had been meaning to go there for about the last three trips. I'm glad I finally got the chance to try it!

I have heard good things about the Tangeriene Cafe. I'm not a huge fan of hummus either but my fiance really likes it.

I also wanted to let you know that we decided to add a breakfast reservation to our honeymoon trip next week - and thanks in large part to your review, we decided on 1900 Park Fare! I'm definitely excited for it! :goodvibes

We were also okay with the hurricane... not nearly as bad here as expected, though not too far away got hit pretty badly. We were lucky that we didn't even lose power, though apparently almost half of the people in our county did.

I'm so glad that I helped you with your decision about breakfast! It is definitely one of my new favorites and the rest of my family agrees 100%. I hope you have a marvelous time there! :woohoo:

Thank goodness the hurricane wasn't too bad near you. And that's great that you didn't lose power.

I'm really enjoying your reviews! Great rating system! And I'm a little jealous of you getting picked by Captain Jack :love:

Thank you! I'm glad you like the reviews.

Hee hee! The good thing about Captain Jack is that he picks adults along with the kids. Such a wonderful memory....:cloud9:

Day 5​

We got up early and headed to our usual breakfast spot at the Riverside Mill Food Court.

My dad and Andrew got the oatmeal with strawberries and raspberries, while my mom got the oatmeal with the fruit on the side. They also had multigrain toast and an order of white toast.

I forgot to mention this before, but if you want peanut butter you have to ask for it at the bakery station. The jam is over at the condiment station. We had a heck of a time finding it on the first morning!

I had the Kid’s Waffle Plate – with bacon, sausage, and applesauce ($4.39):
101_0492.jpg

What can I say; I’m a sucker for Mickey waffles! The kid’s waffle plate comes with the small Mickey waffles, while the adult’s plate comes with one large Mickey waffle. I prefer the smaller ones, so I always go with the kid’s meal. The bacon was bleh, but the sausage was good. I’m not a huge fan of applesauce, unless it’s homemade, so I swapped my mom for her fresh fruit. Everyone else enjoyed their oatmeal just as much as the previous day and the fruit was once again quite delicious!

Here is a photo of our entire table:
101_0491-1.jpg

Our breakfast receives a…
blackbeard.jpg

Haha! Just kidding. Wanted to make sure you guys were still paying attention. :upsidedow

It really gets a…

jack.jpg

Our total this morning was $16.65. A pretty good deal if you ask me! ::yes::

Coming up: Snacks fit for an explorer!

Great review Betsy, thanks for taking the time to post. I am subscribing to this as can't wait to read the rest!! My DS who will be 6 when we go to WDW in Feb can't wait to see Captain Jack Sparrow!!
Hope you have settled back in at College!
Vicki x

Ok, so my husband & I WILL be sharing that platter @ TC in Morocco. I'm not as adventurous as he is but I have a feeling he'll love it. & I wanna try it! You have got the right idea on saving $ & still grubbin' on WDW treats!! :goodvibes LOVE IT!

Great review Betsy, thanks for taking the time to post. I am subscribing to this as can't wait to read the rest!! My DS who will be 6 when we go to WDW in Feb can't wait to see Captain Jack Sparrow!!
Hope you have settled back in at College!
Vicki x

Thanks Vicki! :goodvibes I'm sure your DS will love to see Captain Jack! The tutorials are over in Adventureland right across from the attraction. They are at 10:15, 11:20, 12:25, 2:15, 3:20, and 4:25.

I am all settled and back in the swing of things. The only bad thing is that I hardly have any time to write and post reviews! :scared1:

amazing reviews cant wait for more

Thank you! I should have one up today.

Ok, so my husband & I WILL be sharing that platter @ TC in Morocco. I'm not as adventurous as he is but I have a feeling he'll love it. & I wanna try it! You have got the right idea on saving $ & still grubbin' on WDW treats!! :goodvibes LOVE IT!

Thanks mate! :) I am not incredibly adventurous, but I'm so glad I tried that platter at the TC. They also have one with lamb and a combo one with lamb and chicken. I loved eating it outside, as it felt like I was in Agrabah!

I don't know how i missed that you were doing a dining review, but I am here now and all caught up. I am glad that enjoyed the POR food court, it's one of my favs as well. I can never understand when people give it poor reviews, the food selection is great!

I am also convinced that I need a 1900 park faire ADR on our next trip. You had me at lobster eggs Benedict. :cloud9:

I don't know how i missed that you were doing a dining review, but I am here now and all caught up. I am glad that enjoyed the POR food court, it's one of my favs as well. I can never understand when people give it poor reviews, the food selection is great!

I am also convinced that I need a 1900 park faire ADR on our next trip. You had me at lobster eggs Benedict. :cloud9:

Thanks for coming aboard! :thumbsup2 Yup, 1900 Park Fare is a great place for breakfast, as the food is delicious and the characters are awesome. I'm sure Everett would love to see Pooh and Tigger again (although you might not want to... :rotfl:)

Day 5 – Snacks!​

Once we were fueled up for the day’s adventures, we hopped on a bus and got to Animal Kingdom for the opening ceremony. Andrew and I headed to Expedition Everest, while our parents sat outside and waited for us. This was our first time riding this attraction and we loved it! Then we all headed to Kilimanjaro Safaris, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, and the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. Since we had successfully saved Little Red from poachers, gave some goats some affection (at the Affection Section, haha!), and tamed wild gorillas, we decided we needed to refuel. We were all craving something sweet, so we went over to Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery.

We ordered these two little beauties:

Brownie Paw ($3.99)
101_0570.jpg

Zebra Cupcake ($3.99)
101_0569.jpg

Wow! Were these ever good! The brownie paw was very rich and chocolaty, while the zebra cupcake was light, with a ton of frosting and shaved chocolate. These were to die for! The perfect place for a midmorning snack! (Do you think I used enough exclaimation points? :laughing:)

These definitely receive a…
jack.jpg

With tax, these two snacks came to $8.50.

After devouring these, our next stop was back in Asia. On the way to the Maharajah Jungle Trek, I got one of these from the Yak and Yeti CS.

Pork Egg Roll ($2.49)
101_0582.jpg

This was definitely the best egg roll I have had on Disney property. It beats both of the ones I have tried in Adventureland at the MK and the one in China at Epcot. It wasn’t the best egg roll I have ever had, but it was still good.

This receives a…
barbossa.jpg

The total was $2.66.

On the way out, we stopped at an Ice Cream Cart and got a Frozen Banana.
101_0619.jpg

This came to $3.50.

This was good and quite refreshing as it was a HOT day.

So, this gets a…
barbossa.jpg

Coming up: Lunch at Pizzafari.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!