Guilty of Being Innocent of Eating Too Little! ~ July 2011 Dining Review *Next Trip!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I want a cookie bar, I want a cookie bar.

That was quite funny about having to write a paper on pb&j and having to rewrite on how to open a jar. ;}

can you please shove one of the cookie bars through your computer screen ? thank you ! :rotfl2: I need one desperately right now.

Sure thing! I'll make a fresh batch and send them over. :goodvibes

Love your report so far ~ Keep it coming!!! :goodvibes

Thanks! I'll have the next review up in a bit.

Almost as excited by the USA food which is unfamiliar to us and the familiar dominoes pizza as we are to see what you eat at WDW ;)

Yay, I'm glad you are enjoying it so far! :) I have one more non-disney food review coming up.

Joining in..

This Dining report looks.. well.. delicious so far!

Thanks for joining! :goodvibes

Jumped in my dinghy and caught up with you! Can you toss me a cookie bar???

Ah, welcome aboard! You must have been sailing with the wind. pirate: I'd love to send a cookie bar your way :thumbsup2

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I want a cookie bar, I want a cookie bar.

That was quite funny about having to write a paper on pb&j and having to rewrite on how to open a jar. ;}

Cookie bars are delicious! I feel like I need to make some and pass them out to everyone reading along. The only problem is that I just made brownies and am supposed to be on a diet... :rolleyes1

Yup, if you are ever having problems opening a jar, let me know ;)

LOL.....Gibbs and half! I'm in!!! Sounds like a great trip!!!

Haha, I'm here to entertain! :upsidedow Thanks for joining!

Love the reviews :)

Thank you! :goodvibes

I am hooked!! Love anything Jack S. Can't wait to read more!!!

Wonderful! Thanks for coming along for the ride! Jack will probably be making an appearance sometime soon. pirate:

Day 2 – Arriving at Walt Disney World​

We got up around 5 am, got ready for the day, finished packing everything up, and headed downstairs for our free breakfast. Normally, free breakfast = nasty bits of dried up muffins and danish. How will this breakfast stand up to the test?

IMG_0692.jpg

This is mine. As you can see, my waffle got partially destroyed as I tried to take it out of the waffle iron. It also tasted a bit like cardboard and the sausage patty was cold and very rubbery...

IMG_0693.jpg

This is my dad’s plate. Notice those unnaturally yellow eggs, appetizing huh? My brother’s plate was identical, except he had a side of yogurt.

IMG_0694.jpg

Here is my mom’s plate. Pretty basic breakfast, nothing special. Unfortunately, one of the toasters didn't realize it was actually supposed to toast things and instead just warmed up her english muffin.

Our free breakfast receives a…
blackbeard.jpg

Obviously, this breakfast failed the test. :sad2: I did come up with a new equality though: Free breakfast = Nasty bits of waffle and bright yellow eggs. Oh well, at least it was free. And we have something much more important on our itinerary than fussing over a not-so-delicious breakfast – going to WDW!

Next up: We reach our destination and have our first meal at Walt Disney World!

That breakfast looks pretty nasty! We stayed for a free weekend at the Staybridge Suites close to DTD and the free breakfast was sooo bad! We have stayed many times at the Holiday Inn and Marriott Courtyards and the breakfasts are much better but then again nothing beats a WDW breakfast :lmao: It can be bad but is still good, know what I mean?

Enjoying the report so far - it's really helping me get my Disney food fix (doesn't matter you're not in WDW yet... still filling fix). Really like the rating system too!

Hello Johnny! I'm in!!pirate:

lol! Oh wow,That sausage looks gross!!Ah! ha! ha! This reminds me, some of my family's funniest memories are when we eat somewhere so nasty, that it's just unforgettable!!

Hi Betsy!!

Looks like I'm a bit late to your review! It looks awesome so far and I can't wait to read more.

I love your ratings system and I have to tell you, I nearly died laughing when you posted one meal as a Gibbs and a half :lmao:

That breakfast looks pretty nasty! We stayed for a free weekend at the Staybridge Suites close to DTD and the free breakfast was sooo bad! We have stayed many times at the Holiday Inn and Marriott Courtyards and the breakfasts are much better but then again nothing beats a WDW breakfast :lmao: It can be bad but is still good, know what I mean?

Yup, let's just say it is one I'll never forget...:lmao: And yes, I definitely know what you mean about never having a bad breakfast at WDW. Even the bacon can't ruin it for me. :laughing:

Subscribing!

Thanks for joining in!

Enjoying the report so far - it's really helping me get my Disney food fix (doesn't matter you're not in WDW yet... still filling fix). Really like the rating system too!

Thanks! I'll be posting our first meal in WDW shortly, so stay tuned! :goodvibes

Hello Johnny! I'm in!!pirate:

lol! Oh wow,That sausage looks gross!!Ah! ha! ha! This reminds me, some of my family's funniest memories are when we eat somewhere so nasty, that it's just unforgettable!!

Thanks for coming aboard! And yes, that sausage was really nasty... I took one bite and decided that was it for me. Yeah, my family has quite a few of those memories! :lmao:

Hi Betsy!!

Looks like I'm a bit late to your review! It looks awesome so far and I can't wait to read more.

I love your ratings system and I have to tell you, I nearly died laughing when you posted one meal as a Gibbs and a half :lmao:

Hey Meg! Thanks for joining in!!! :goodvibes I'm always happy to provide a good laugh once in a while ;)

Day 2 – Continued

We were on the road by 7 and reached Walt Disney World by 10. Huzzah! :banana: We checked in at Port Orleans Riverside and then parked our car near our building. (Side note: Don’t you just love check in day when you have the rest of your vacation ahead of you?) After that we hopped on a bus to the Magic Kingdom!

After reaching the park, we declared it time for lunch. Andrew’s favorite CS is Columbia Harbour House, so that is the direction in which we headed. This place has a nautical theme, which I absolutely love! :sail:

My mom and dad shared this:
101_0053.jpg

Chicken Breast Nuggets and Fish, with French Fries ($8.39)
They said the fish was very heavy and too greasy. I tried a bite of fish and unfortunately had to agree with them.

My dad also got the New England Clam Chowder ($4.49)
101_0052.jpg

He enjoyed this and thought it was quite delicious.

My brother and I shared this:
101_0056.jpg

Fried Shrimp Basket - Served with Coleslaw and French Fries ($9.89)
We both thought this was excellent! Unlike the fish, the shrimp weren’t greasy. The coleslaw was also very good and definitely helped lighten up the meal. This is quite a large portion for one person, as the shrimp are very big – I definitely recommended sharing it.

Andrew also got the kid’s Macaroni and Cheese with grapes, applesauce, and chocolate milk. ($4.99)
101_0055.jpg

He loves this Mac and Cheese and will usually order it if it’s on the menu. It is pretty cheesy and creamy, making it very delicious!

How did our first meal at WDW fare?
barbossa.jpg

This was definitely a great meal, except for the greasy fish. We will definitely come here again!

Now that we have reached WDW, I will include the total cost of every meal. So, without further ado, this meal came to a total of $29.57.

***Tip – We always order cups of ice water at all restaurants. It’s free and keeps us hydrated – a win win if you ask me!

Next up: Our room is ready and then it’s time for dinner!

We love CHH too :cloud9:

DH had the shrimp last time we were there and loved it

Thanks for taking the time to post these great reviews :thumbsup2

We ate at Columbia Harbour House last year for the first time and thought it was pretty good. Our fish was good not to greasy.

I'm plopping down and making myself good and comfy, I'm in for the long haul. Please note that that is significantly different from a keel haul. Bring on the eats!

We tried Columbia Harbor House in June on our first visit to WDW. Loved it! Loved eating upstairs looking out the windows and we loved the shrimp and the tuna sandwich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter