Guest relations actually just asked me if I had a "real"disney ressie or just DVC

In terms of the actual issue. I was trying to buy annual passes while using already existing tickets that I have to upgrade. We are going to Disney in June and November. I was hoping to get the ticket vouchers ahead so we could book our fast passes . I was told by DVC that we absolutely could upgrade over the phone but had to call ticketing. After talking to ticketing,reservations , and finally guest relations we were assured this is not possible to do.
Since you were misinformed by DVC, you should escalate the issue to the DVC Member Satisfaction Team.
dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

You can hang up and get someone else. Then you can send an email to Guest Relations & Member Satisfaction about your unpleasant experience.

FWIW, when I have to call, I often ask the CM to repeat his/her name - sometimes I ask to have it spelled. When I remember to do that, I don't have any issues with the CM. ;) :teeth:

I spoke to so many people and waited so long each time .

Seriously. No courting required. I wasn't asking for anything that was unreasonable. I was trying to give them over 2000$ for annual passes and they were making it difficult.
Agreed, sounds like the OP is hypersensitive based on past experiences but we don't have the benefit of the tone and flow to judge further. Disney is a service industry and if they alienate too many, they will suffer in terms of $$$. OTOH, DVC members often seem to feel the need for Disney to continue to court them which is just an unreasonable.

I've been off of DIS for a while but there are lots of judgmental people on here. I was taken a back by what transpired with Disney guest services so I shared my experience . That is all. Thanks to some for the helpful info and guidance.

Seriously. No courting required. I wasn't asking for anything that was unreasonable. I was trying to give them over 2000$ for annual passes and they were making it difficult.
I feel that because i am not booking huge packages that they don't value my business.
Maybe but your tone and this quote suggest you expect special treatment because of the dollars you spend. DVC is simply a prepaid room, a timeshare. That and it's appropriate management is all we should expect.

The tone you perceived was not the actual truth. I am quite aware what DVC is. The originally issue I had was a Disney issue, not a DVC issue. It has since been corrected as of this evening when I received a call from Guest Experience Services.
Maybe but your tone and this quote suggest you expect special treatment because of the dollars you spend. DVC is simply a prepaid room, a timeshare. That and it's appropriate management is all we should expect.

The tone you perceived was not the actual truth. I am quite aware what DVC is. The originally issue I had was a Disney issue, not a DVC issue. It has since been corrected as of this evening when I received a call from Guest Experience Services.
Fair enough, thanks for following up.

The reason I mentioned her name on the DVC forum was because of what she said about a real reservation. This isn't the first time I've heard this from Guest relations. She was obviously flustered after she said it because she tried to back peddle.
In terms of the actual issue. I was trying to buy annual passes while using already existing tickets that I have to upgrade. We are going to Disney in June and November. I was hoping to get the ticket vouchers ahead so we could book our fast passes . I was told by DVC that we absolutely could upgrade over the phone but had to call ticketing. After talking to ticketing,reservations , and finally guest relations we were assured this is not possible to do. I also found on the Disney website a section that stated you could upgrade over the phone from a one park one day ticket which is what I have. I don't want to wait until we get to Disney because June is crazy busy and without fast passes it wouldn't be as enjoyable. I even asked them if they could possibly just write a note in our file that stated when we buy the tickets at Disney in June if they could load 3 generic fast passes on our tickets each day while we are there. I know
This has been done before. Unfortunately, we were told no. Do you think my request is unreasonable ?

I sent Disney an email on Saturday and am waiting for a response.

I was under the impression that if you want to upgrade tickets to APs (at least if you want to be able to price bridge), you have to do that at guest services inside the parks. Not sure what the rule is if you don't want price bridging.

As far as fast passes -- I'm not sure why you would need to have APs on the account in order to book your FPs. On my last two trips, I had 7 day park hoppers assigned to our accounts and made the FPs 60 days out, and then upgraded to APs after I got into the parks, and had no issues whatsoever with the FPs. Is it because the system sees your 1 day tickets and won't let you book FPs for more than 1 day?

Yes you are correct about the price bridging and annual passes. I didn't realize this and when I called it took many people to finally tell me this. In terms of fast passes and annual pass , I never thought you needed annual passes to make fast passes. I think you misunderstood. If we couldn't get our annual passes bought until we were at the gate, we'd have no ability to make our fast passes ahead of time, which put us at a disadvantage. That was my problem.
Guest relations called me back yesterday and was able to help us so all is good now!
We had a complimentary ticket claim number we were given last year at Hollywood studios when all of the rides were down for many hours and we hoped to use that ticket to go to animal kingdom in June. When we called to get the ticket activated so we could book fast passes we were told we couldn't until we arrived. This is why we thought we could buy our annual passes with an upgrade from an old mk single day ticket we had on our account. Once guest services was actually able to link the complimentary ticket to our account we decided to
Wait until In Disney to buy our AP.

Confused ?? lol it's a lot of info I know
A
I was under the impression that if you want to upgrade tickets to APs (at least if you want to be able to price bridge), you have to do that at guest services inside the parks. Not sure what the rule is if you don't want price bridging.

As far as fast passes -- I'm not sure why you would need to have APs on the account in order to book your FPs. On my last two trips, I had 7 day park hoppers assigned to our accounts and made the FPs 60 days out, and then upgraded to APs after I got into the parks, and had no issues whatsoever with the FPs. Is it because the system sees your 1 day tickets and won't let you book FPs for more than 1 day?

The reason I mentioned her name on the DVC forum was because of what she said about a real reservation. This isn't the first time I've heard this from Guest relations. She was obviously flustered after she said it because she tried to back peddle.
In terms of the actual issue. I was trying to buy annual passes while using already existing tickets that I have to upgrade. We are going to Disney in June and November. I was hoping to get the ticket vouchers ahead so we could book our fast passes . I was told by DVC that we absolutely could upgrade over the phone but had to call ticketing. After talking to ticketing,reservations , and finally guest relations we were assured this is not possible to do. I also found on the Disney website a section that stated you could upgrade over the phone from a one park one day ticket which is what I have. I don't want to wait until we get to Disney because June is crazy busy and without fast passes it wouldn't be as enjoyable. I even asked them if they could possibly just write a note in our file that stated when we buy the tickets at Disney in June if they could load 3 generic fast passes on our tickets each day while we are there. I know
This has been done before. Unfortunately, we were told no. Do you think my request is unreasonable ?

As someone who works in customer service and someone who had dealt with Disney on issues, I find that when a customer takes about how much they spend and asks for something like the 3 generic fast passes, or a big discount etc, the person will not be too quick to help you. You don't get far with that. Not mentioning the $ and just explaining how thw delay of making fastpasses may negatively affect your family's enjoyment may of worked better.

I've been off of DIS for a while but there are lots of judgmental people on here. I was taken a back by what transpired with Disney guest services so I shared my experience . That is all. Thanks to some for the helpful info and guidance.

I have often felt this too, and when I have a negative thought I tend not to express it. But on the other hand there is so much positive o the boards but we often remember the negaitive.

While I agree the choice of words was poor, I do not think Disney looks down on DVC the way you suggest. If you are staying with a DVC ressie, there are some actions that need to be done by the DVC arm of things, guest relations may not be able to help, so they may need to ask a question like that to figure things out. For example, I was once told (perhaps incorrectly) by a CM that I needed to call DVC to arrange Magical Express since it was a DVC reservation..that is not a DVC issue, but I was still told I had to call them.

Anyway, that is neither here nor there. Tackling your issue at hand:

Call 407-939-1936

Tell them what you want to do. If they say no, tell them Ticket Services said it could be done, and ask them to connect you to ticket services.

Check out my thread here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/upgrade-existing-ticket-to-annual-pass-renewal.3579120/

I needed to upgrade an existing ticket to an AP renewal just 2 weeks ago. I was told numerous times by CMs and people here it could not be done unless you were at the park.

I called that number, got ticket service involved, and my ticket was upgraded to an AP renewal.

Disney like every big company has communication issues. I called that number one day and was told that I could do it, the CM just needed ticket services on the phone, and I hit a little hiccup that necessitated I call back. I called back 2 days later. CM told me it could not be done. I explained that I had called 2 days earlier, so she got ticket service in the mix, and it was done.

Good luck

P.S. The ticket I "upgraded" to an annual pass was a 6 day park hopper purchased directly from Disney (via their website), prior to the price increase, and I did not expect or even ask for what I think people mean by price bridging. I gratefully accepted a credit of the original price towards my AP renewal. (I have retail ties, and I for one will not ask for a credit greater than the price that I payed for an item, but that is just me).

Also, if Disney is going to insist that ticket upgrades be done at the park, they might want to examine how that effects FP+. Back in the day of same day fast passes, things were different, and it did not matter as much. Now if you have a bunch of 5 day tickets and are going for 7 days, that means 2 days you can not make fast passes in advance, unless you are able to upgrade your tickets in advance.

Last edited:
I never said anything about money to
them and what I was asking for wasn't going to cost Disney a dime. As far as asking for a few fast passes , I don't find that to be over the line. In the end, I was helped by them activating passes that were rightfully ours and should have been able to be activated anyway and I was quite happy. I received 2 lovely phone calls from DVC
And guest communication .
As someone who works in customer service and someone who had dealt with Disney on issues, I find that when a customer takes about how much they spend and asks for something like the 3 generic fast passes, or a big discount etc, the person will not be too quick to help you. You don't get far with that. Not mentioning the $ and just explaining how thw delay of making fastpasses may negatively affect your family's enjoyment may of worked better.

I have often felt this too, and when I have a negative thought I tend not to express it. But on the other hand there is so much positive o the boards but we often remember the negaitive.

Also - please bear in mind that some of the folks you'll talk to are not 'true' Disney employees but are working for another company that Disney contracts out to. Disney gives a small training session and that's about it.

The CM had to ask you if it was a WDW reservation or a DVC reservation because they are in completely different systems. She was probably also confused that DVC had you call so she was wondering if you had a WDW reservation too or just a DVC reservation. Maybe she shouldn't have said "just" but I can totally see why she did. Just like you want people to give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume you were being demanding and rude (even though in your OP you said you responded "unkindly"), maybe you should give CMs the benefit of the doubt and not read so much into everything they say. Since DVC tends to handle everything for DVC reservations, if I was in phone guest relations (as opposed to in the parks, which is a different beast), I too would ask you if you had a WDW ressie or just a DVC one—just meaning only.

The CM had to ask you if it was a WDW reservation or a DVC reservation because they are in completely different systems. She was probably also confused that DVC had you call so she was wondering if you had a WDW reservation too or just a DVC reservation. Maybe she shouldn't have said "just" but I can totally see why she did. Just like you want people to give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume you were being demanding and rude (even though in your OP you said you responded "unkindly"), maybe you should give CMs the benefit of the doubt and not read so much into everything they say. Since DVC tends to handle everything for DVC reservations, if I was in phone guest relations (as opposed to in the parks, which is a different beast), I too would ask you if you had a WDW ressie or just a DVC one—just meaning only.
Absolutely, and when I say I answered "unkindly", I mean that I called her out on what she said. I believe this is a cast member that has had many many complaints as well. If she was helpful and kind in our interaction, this slip of the tongue would not have affected me in the least, but because this was not the case, it made matters worse. DVC said they were following up with her after they reviewed the call for some re education.

Also - please bear in mind that some of the folks you'll talk to are not 'true' Disney employees but are working for another company that Disney contracts out to. Disney gives a small training session and that's about it.
she is absolutely a Disney employee.

Don't let them get to you. I feel the same way - member for 16 years -there is some great information, advice and kind souls. Unfortunately, there are a handful of poster bashers with strong opinions on...well everything and they appear to have lots and lots of free time to tell you. Mostly, they enjoy making people feel bad. They seem to revel in it. It is a board for asking questions and expressing one's views on Disney things.

Sadly, some of the more difficult ones have alternate IDs on other boards. Ignore them. Others will be there to make up for it.

I also found on the Disney website a section that stated you could upgrade over the phone from a one park one day ticket

Where is that?

I was told by DVC that we absolutely could upgrade over the phone but had to call ticketing.

In this case arizona's possible disdain for Dvc was well placed as they steered you wrong.

I have retail ties, and I for one will not ask for a credit greater than the price that I payed for an item, but that is just m

So you didn't get something that is 100% your right and part of policy, because you feel it's asking for too much?

I'm glad that they were able to override their policy on the phone (I've literally never heard of someone getting an ap upgrade from a non package ticket ahead of time), meaning you got something special and against policy, but you say you won't ask for something that IS your right. That's confusing. Glad you got helped but it's confusing.

The humorous side of me would have commented after she asked if this was a 'real Disney reservation'...as opposed to a 'fake Disney reservation'!!! o_O:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter