Guest relations actually just asked me if I had a "real"disney ressie or just DVC

PEANUT1

You can Fly!
I have been so disappointed with Disney customer service lately and this just sums up a lot of my frustration. I called guest relations after being advised to by DVC and Arizona from that department actually took my info (name, address etc) and then proceeded to ask me if I had a "real" disney reservation or just a DVC one upcoming. I responded unkindly and said this is exactly the problem that I feel with disney. I feel that because i am not booking huge packages that they don't value my business. I have two trips upcoming this year to disney Florida and have been to Disney California and Pari in the past two years spending quite a lot of money.

I really wish that there was a survey after that call because I surely would have been happy to comment!! ugh

That was a poor choice of words by the CM OP - a little surprising from a Guest Relations CM. So far I can't say I've really felt anything different with having DVC reservations vs cash reservations but I'm sure it happens at times.

You certainly can send an email to guest relations about the experience. A little additional training might be helpful for the CM.

I've talked to Arizona from guest relations before as well. I remember because she does not leave a good impression (and she has a unique name). She's very short and does not have a very nice tone. I talked to her about moving my very "real" MYW reservation at CBR (which we didn't end up doing) but she was obviously put out to talk to me also.

All the other CMs I have talked to over the phone have been over and beyond kind. I think you just got a rep having a bad day (week, year?)

Last edited:
In what way were you made to feel that?

pretty clearly because she was made to feel that she didnt' have a "real disney" reservation - ONLY a dvc one --- I wouldn't tolerate crap like that but then again what sort of recourse do we have

pretty clearly because she was made to feel that she didnt' have a "real disney" reservation - ONLY a dvc one --- I wouldn't tolerate crap like that but then again what sort of recourse do we have

You can hang up and get someone else. Then you can send an email to Guest Relations & Member Satisfaction about your unpleasant experience.

FWIW, when I have to call, I often ask the CM to repeat his/her name - sometimes I ask to have it spelled. When I remember to do that, I don't have any issues with the CM. ;) :teeth:

It was absolutely a poor choice of words by one Cast Member. But the issue was presented as a systemic problem. She didn't single out one CM, instead implying widespread problems with "Disney customer service."

So I'm curious to hear the root of OP's frustrations. Having followed these boards for many years, it's not uncommon to read posts from people who have unrealistic expectations. Among the issues that immediately come to mind are people thinking that DVC owners should get villa upgrades or late check-outs similar to cash guests. Some don't understand why DVC resorts fill up much sooner than their cash counterparts or why there are rooms available to book on cash while none remain for DVC owners looking to use points.

Sometimes complaints are entirely justified and I'm not trying to rationalize poor customer service. But the fact is a DVC reservation *IS* different than cash in many ways. The DVC reservation is no less "real", but it is different. Explaining those differences and helping members work thru their concerns can be a very constructive exercise.

It was absolutely a poor choice of words by one Cast Member. But the issue was presented as a systemic problem. She didn't single out one CM, instead implying widespread problems with "Disney customer service."

So I'm curious to hear the root of OP's frustrations. Having followed these boards for many years, it's not uncommon to read posts from people who have unrealistic expectations. Among the issues that immediately come to mind are people thinking that DVC owners should get villa upgrades or late check-outs similar to cash guests. Some don't understand why DVC resorts fill up much sooner than their cash counterparts or why there are rooms available to book on cash while none remain for DVC owners looking to use points.

Sometimes complaints are entirely justified and I'm not trying to rationalize poor customer service. But the fact is a DVC reservation *IS* different than cash in many ways. The DVC reservation is no less "real", but it is different. Explaining those differences and helping members work thru their concerns can be a very constructive exercise.
Agreed, sounds like the OP is hypersensitive based on past experiences but we don't have the benefit of the tone and flow to judge further. Disney is a service industry and if they alienate too many, they will suffer in terms of $$$. OTOH, DVC members often seem to feel the need for Disney to continue to court them which is just an unreasonable.

All you have to do is wait at the end of the call for the survey, and give the CM a grade. Having done consulting work in call centers, these grades are very important. A low grade for a CM would result in a supervisor listening back to a recording of the call and giving counseling to the CM. Repeated instances would lead to disciplinary action up to termination.

I always stay on to do these surveys because I understand it is important to the careers and compensation of the CMs who are helping me.

I am happy to say that at Disney, I have never rated a CM less than excellent. They recruit for helpful people who can smile through the phone. They will help you if it is at all possible within the rules.

I have become jaded about customer surveys. Most companies do not seem to take them seriously, so I don't bother. But at Disney, I have a reasonable expectation that issues will be addressed. In fact, at Disney, the only issues I have had were of my own making, and they have been quite helpful in digging me out of the ditch.

to add -- disney has done nothing but treat me perfectly every time. I'm easy to please -- though I've never had an issue like the OP had. just treat me with respect and I do the same to you. we are just people -- they are just people. its how the information is given most of the time....not what the information is that can make/break customer service

All you have to do is wait at the end of the call for the survey, and give the CM a grade.

Ah, but the OP literally said...

I really wish that there was a survey after that call because I surely would have been happy to comment!! ugh

So there was no opportunity for that.

Having a reservation differentiated between DVC and "real" wouldn't bother me unless I was already very VERY bothered by Disney (or life or my kid or whatever) already.

No, no chance to rate the call. We had also talked to literally 5 people that day. We kept getting transferred because no one from any department had any idea who could help us.

Having a reservation differentiated between DVC and "real" wouldn't bother me unless I was already very VERY bothered by Disney (or life or my kid or whatever) already.

to add -- disney has done nothing but treat me perfectly every time. I'm easy to please -- though I've never had an issue like the OP had. just treat me with respect and I do the same to you. we are just people -- they are just people. its how the information is given most of the time....not what the information is that can make/break customer service
I couldn't agree more. We have always praised Disney and their customer service and kindness is very important to us on both ends.

All you have to do is wait at the end of the call for the survey, and give the CM a grade. Having done consulting work in call centers, these grades are very important. A low grade for a CM would result in a supervisor listening back to a recording of the call and giving counseling to the CM. Repeated instances would lead to disciplinary action up to termination.

I always stay on to do these surveys because I understand it is important to the careers and compensation of the CMs who are helping me.

I am happy to say that at Disney, I have never rated a CM less than excellent. They recruit for helpful people who can smile through the phone. They will help you if it is at all possible within the rules.

I have become jaded about customer surveys. Most companies do not seem to take them seriously, so I don't bother. But at Disney, I have a reasonable expectation that issues will be addressed. In fact, at Disney, the only issues I have had were of my own making, and they have been quite helpful in digging me out of the ditch.
There was no survey, I'm pretty sure it's because I asked for her
name and supervisors name that she said she spoke to but would not allow me to speak to.

The reason I mentioned her name on the DVC forum was because of what she said about a real reservation. This isn't the first time I've heard this from Guest relations. She was obviously flustered after she said it because she tried to back peddle.
In terms of the actual issue. I was trying to buy annual passes while using already existing tickets that I have to upgrade. We are going to Disney in June and November. I was hoping to get the ticket vouchers ahead so we could book our fast passes . I was told by DVC that we absolutely could upgrade over the phone but had to call ticketing. After talking to ticketing,reservations , and finally guest relations we were assured this is not possible to do. I also found on the Disney website a section that stated you could upgrade over the phone from a one park one day ticket which is what I have. I don't want to wait until we get to Disney because June is crazy busy and without fast passes it wouldn't be as enjoyable. I even asked them if they could possibly just write a note in our file that stated when we buy the tickets at Disney in June if they could load 3 generic fast passes on our tickets each day while we are there. I know
This has been done before. Unfortunately, we were told no. Do you think my request is unreasonable ?

I sent Disney an email on Saturday and am waiting for a response.

I get what you are saying and you are probably right. There have been some other issues that may have escalated my response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter