Grossest Thing You've Seen at the Parks

Did I say I had some grand plan to bring about change? Nope.

And the last I checked this was a thread about gross things in the parks. I think my comments on the bathrooms and such fit with that quite well.
Oh, I never said they didn't fit in. Quite the contrary.

But I am constantly surprised at the sheer number of people who complain loudly here -- and on other forums -- about conditions at WDW, but then turn around and admit that, as disgusting and deplorable as they were, they didn't feel the need to actually notify anyone at the time. Not a CM, not Guest Relations, not a manager -- nothing. And frankly, I find that baffling.

But I am constantly surprised at the sheer number of people who complain loudly here -- and on other forums -- about conditions at WDW, but then turn around and admit that, as disgusting and deplorable as they were, they didn't feel the need to actually notify anyone at the time. Not a CM, not Guest Relations, not a manager -- nothing. And frankly, I find that baffling.

I wasn't really "complaining"...just adding my thoughts after someone else mentioned gross bathrooms. Most weren't over the top terrible (except the ones with the clogged toilets.) And the nasty custodial thing literally happened right as the parks were closing our final night there (it was at MGM or whatever it's called now.) I was tired and I wanted to get back to the hotel and it wasn't the grossest thing I've ever seen happen in a bathroom before. I've been in far nastier bathrooms than the ones at WDW. But I've also been in far cleaner ones (like the bathrooms at Disneyland.)

I understand that. Antibiotics used to be prescribed for many things unnecessarily, such as the flu and other infections that exhibited flu-like symptoms. My point is that you see much more caution around the use of antibiotics as well as a decrease in their prescriptions because they are no longer seen as a "cure all" and are seen as sometimes being harmful as they are indiscriminate in the bacteria that they kill.

?? Well, a couple of years ago my doctor, as in MD, prescribed antibotics for a "flu-like" cold that I had, and it worked great. Since the antibotics are prescription here in the states, for a reason, I see the use when advised by a Doctor to be wise.

I saw a mother make (yes make, because obviously the child didn't want to) pee in a bowl on the gorilla trail at Animal Kingdom and dumped it out in a bush......then put the bowl back under the stroller...this wasn't a potty, it was just a tupperware bowl.

Same trip, at Cosmic Rays I saw a mother trimming her childs toe nails at the table..

:scared: :scared:

?? Well, a couple of years ago my doctor, as in MD, prescribed antibotics for a "flu-like" cold that I had, and it worked great. Since the antibotics are prescription here in the states, for a reason, I see the use when advised by a Doctor to be wise.

If the doctor prescribed them, you didn't have the flu, you had a bacterial infection, or the flu PLUS a bacterial infection. Antibiotics cannot do anything to a virus itself, but they're often prescribed when an infection occurs during or after a virus because your immune system is busy fighting the virus.

So... you felt a more positive way to bring about change was to complain about it on the DIS?

Very bizarre indeed. :confused3

Not to get pissy about it or anything but I've watched CM's do *nothing* about guests who were behaving terribly, so I don't think that complaining to the CM's is necessarily going to help any particular situation.

I did complain about the obscene shirts, though, and they did take those kids away, but I don't expect the CM's to be "disney cops" and fix everything that's broken at Disney. Which, compared to the real world, isn't a lot;)

Not to get pissy about it or anything but I've watched CM's do *nothing* about guests who were behaving terribly, so I don't think that complaining to the CM's is necessarily going to help any particular situation.

I did complain about the obscene shirts, though, and they did take those kids away, but I don't expect the CM's to be "disney cops" and fix everything that's broken at Disney. Which, compared to the real world, isn't a lot;)

I think buzz was referring (at least partly) to my post about the custodial person cleaning in a nasty way. Not about the guests in the park. But I could be wrong.

I Why would she be washing her chest in the bathroom?

Reading these post are hysterical!

This one got me thinking... not sure if someone posted about this yet as I am still only on page 12 :rotfl:

I nursed all 3 of my little darlings... was a very discreet nursing mom BUT
to be as blunt as possible... bottles with formula aren't the only things that babies are messy with when eating :rotfl: :rotfl:

if certain messes on shirts/ bras and whatnots are not cleaned up ...well there is a rather distinct odor that follows.....

I had a few of these accidents and being a bit of a prude, I would grab a few paper towels, wet them and retreat to the stall to clean up any messes. I also made sure to carry an extra change of clothes for ME in the diaper bag :rotfl:

I can only think that this poor lady had an extra large mess to clean up and had no other choice:rotfl2:

The grossest thing I have seen was a woman getting off Splash, wearing soaking wet white pants, and NO underwear. :scared1: :rotfl2:

Not in Florida.

Kudos buzz:rotfl:

As I stated before I nursed all 3 of my kids. They are older now and off the ...well you know what... for many years :rotfl:

My 2 sons have always been raised to be sensitive to nursing moms. To them, its no big deal. :confused3

Now with that all said and done.... I do have a question...

would you prefer
A.. a screaming hungry baby ruining your dinner because mom is too embarrassed to feed her child and too scared of the germs (especially after reading this post :rotfl: ) to take her baby to the bathroom to eat
or
B. a mom quietly nursing her child at the next table where you can chose NOT to look but have peace and quiet while you eat? :lmao:

I always opt for the peace and quiet :rotfl2:

Still making my way through this thread... like a train wreck I say:scared1:

I did want to comment on this. I did have a few complaints...very few... but I did have complaints while at Disney.... So what should I do? Where should I go? Three years ago I did try to lodge a complaint with Disney and after standing around for TWO...YES TWO... hours waiting for my complaint to be taken care of ... I got a "we are sorry and will work on that." Meanwhile my family missed out on two ...yes two hours of park time so I could get my "we are sorry":rotfl:
I learned my lesson ... Disney may say they want to hear about issues but they don't make their complaint department very user friendly ....:rolleyes:

:confused3 I didn't say you shouldn't use antibiotics when they are prescribed by doctors. I said that doctors are prescribing them less than in decades past. Anyway, I realize this is off-topic and that's my fault. Back on we go.

OKAY I finished reading all of this FINALLY...

I saw kids doing gross stuff but that doesn't bother me as much I guess... kids are gross period :rotfl: :lmao: no matter where you go your going to get a nose picking kid, a butt picking kid... a throwing up kid.... you get the idea...
walk onto any school playground and AACKKKK its germ warfare I tell you!!!!

What gets me is the adults with no sense of manners or class:lmao:

My biggest pet peeves were what adults wear to the park AACKKKKK
Do they even look in the hotel mirror before leaving the room?!?! :rotfl:
yeah the Mickey shirt they bought when they were 12 is adorable and should be saved but not worn when they are a 42 year old overweight man :rotfl:

Who REALLY thinks daisy dukes are adorable on a 300 plus pound woman?

It has nothing to do with their size but rather a lets dress in a family manner at a family theme park :rotfl:
We saw a few ladies who were ready to spill out of their shirts! It brings a whole new meaning to the words EE :rotfl: :lmao: I am a top heavy woman and am very careful to make sure I dress accordingly :rolleyes1

Another one of my pet peeves is the princess kisses and the people who kiss the characters :scared:
My DS13 was kissed by Alice and all I could think of was ... WHERE ELSE HAS THOSE LIPS BEEN?!?!:eek:

I watched several kids kiss on the fluffy characters... right on their nose. It makes for cute pics I GUESS but... really... all those germs and illnesses are staring at them right in the nose :rotfl:
It is considered socially acceptable to kiss these characters but if you really think for a moment ...all of the people who were "reported about" on this thread were kissing the same characters :scared:

Am I the only freak who cringes when their kids try to kiss Mickey?:rotfl:

Still making my way through this thread... like a train wreck I say:scared1:

I did want to comment on this. I did have a few complaints...very few... but I did have complaints while at Disney.... So what should I do? Where should I go? Three years ago I did try to lodge a complaint with Disney and after standing around for TWO...YES TWO... hours waiting for my complaint to be taken care of ... I got a "we are sorry and will work on that." Meanwhile my family missed out on two ...yes two hours of park time so I could get my "we are sorry":rotfl:
I learned my lesson ... Disney may say they want to hear about issues but they don't make their complaint department very user friendly ....:rolleyes:

at the magic kingdom, i would assume you can complain at city hall. if you complain about a specific employee, that employee will be notified about it. at disneyland we complained about a super rude CM at a restaurant once. and we've also gone to city hall to give compliments for certain employees too. not sure if you can do that at wdw or not but i know at DL you can. i think if CMs get a lot of compliments...they get rewarded somehow. not sure though.

:confused3 I didn't say you shouldn't use antibiotics when they are prescribed by doctors. I said that doctors are prescribing them less than in decades past. Anyway, I realize this is off-topic and that's my fault. Back on we go.

yeah it is a bit OT, but I'll listen to my doctor before I listen to anyones opinion on a BB. thanks.pirate:

i honestly cannot understand this whole thing of parents making their kids pee in public at disney. the peeing in front of other people doesnt even bother me as much as the fact that these parents are forcing their kids to do something that obviously embarrasses and belittles them. :sad2:

Seeing a child pee in public would bother me. A lot! I don't care to see anyone taking care of business. Not to mention it is just gross and wrong to be tossing that around, all over the place. Ick!!!!!:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter