Grossest Thing You've Seen at the Parks

I actually thought pretty much ALL of the bathrooms at WDW were disgusting when we were there last month. Ugh. Maybe my standards are just too high because almost all of the bathrooms at Disneyland are super clean.

Wow, I wonder if something has happened with the help since I was there last. I never saw any problem with the bathrooms and I consider myself to be a bathroom prude.:snooty: If it ain't clean, I ain't goin!:laughing:

Wow, I wonder if something has happened with the help since I was there last. I never saw any problem with the bathrooms and I consider myself to be a bathroom prude.:snooty: If it ain't clean, I ain't goin!:laughing:

most weren't "dirty, nasty gas station" bathrooms. But a few were pretty close. A lot of paper on the floors. A lot of unflushed and clogged toilets. I was even in a stall when I looked down and saw speckles of blood on the floor. I thought I was going to puke...ugh. I won't give you the details of when I saw the maintence lady start to clean it and how she did it....that was even sicker than actually seeing the blood. *shudder* My husband said he thinks it might even be too gross to tell in this thread.

I actually thought pretty much ALL of the bathrooms at WDW were disgusting when we were there last month. Ugh. Maybe my standards are just too high because almost all of the bathrooms at Disneyland are super clean.

I am referring to my trip last month as well. Maybe it was all bathrooms there, I just remember the Fantasyland one in particular-OH MY!:scared: I wasn't surprised that women could be so gross or thoughtless not to clean up after themselves or their children in a public bathroom (you find that everywhere), but I was surprised that WDW let their bathrooms get that disgusting!:sad1:

??? Turkey legs....Goooooood!!

I know, I know-people either love 'em or hate 'em!:laughing: But you are talking to someone who was vegetarian for over 12 years and I still get sqeamish around "bones." But those huge turkey legs-I could barely look at them while people were walking by with them-they looked like they were eating their own arms!! Even DBF was grossed out by them and he eats almost anything!!

most weren't "dirty, nasty gas station" bathrooms. But a few were pretty close. A lot of paper on the floors. A lot of unflushed and clogged toilets. I was even in a stall when I looked down and saw speckles of blood on the floor. I thought I was going to puke...ugh. I won't give you the details of when I saw the maintence lady start to clean it and how she did it....that was even sicker than actually seeing the blood. *shudder* My husband said he thinks it might even be too gross to tell in this thread.

Eww-I saw blood too!:scared: on the seat & I also saw....well I won't get into it (despite the title of this thread!) but by early evening I WOULD compare it to a dirty nasty gas station bathroom....and even go so far to say that I've seen actual gas station bathrooms that are much cleaner than the Fantasyland "princess" bathroom.

DBF told me that the "Prince" bathroom was pretty decent so it's true what they say about women being more disgusting than men in the bathroom!

Granted it was pretty crowded that day, but still...:scared:

Okay, now I'm strangely intrigued.... :rolleyes1

What'd she do, lick it off the floor with her tongue? :scared:

:lmao:

Okay, now I'm strangely intrigued.... :rolleyes1

What'd she do, lick it off the floor with her tongue? :scared:

:lmao:

eww...thankfully, no. but she dipped some toilet paper into the toilet and then tried to scrub it off the floor with that. and she wasn't wearing gloves. ugh.

I certainly hope you took time to voice your concerns at Guest Relations.
Mrs. Bee said:
...she dipped some toilet paper into the toilet and then tried to scrub it off the floor with that. and she wasn't wearing gloves. ugh.
Now I'm not custodial statused, but I am custodial trained and certified... and I can tell you that's not how restrooms should be cleaned at WDW (heck, when I worked custodial I wouldn't even enter a restroom without wearing three pairs of latex gloves). I hope you took the woman's name and reported her to the closest manager -- her actions show me she's a danger to herself and others.

Actually that's really disputable. Now, most professionals agree that anti-bacterial products not only kill germs but they wipe out the good bacteria in your body as well - the bacteria that keeps the body healthy. That's why we've seen a major decrease in the presciption of antibiotics for things like the flu. This is why I say that anti-bacterial soap is a temporary solution. And you do have to wash your hands every now and then to wash off the residue or else it's doing just as much harm as it is good.

Your skin protects you from the hand sanitizer penetrating your body. The hand sanitizer works on the surface of your ski only, using isopropyl alchohol suspended in a colloidal gel. It does not penetrate and "wipe out the good bacteria in your body as well."

Antibiotics are NEVER prescribed for the flu; the flu is a virus, antibiotics have no effect on viruses, only gram negative and gram positive bacteria. A secondary bacterial infection that sets in when your body's immune system is weaked by the flu virus may be treated with antibiotics, however.

Since it's the mechanical action of washing the germs off of your body, not the antibacterial powers of triclosan (main antibacterial ingredient in soap), that is effective with soap, it's not really important whether you use antibacterial soap or not, just that you wash your hands and get a good foam going.

The bubbles in the soap attract the proteins in the bacteria, the bacteria "stick" to the surface of the bubbles, and away they go...

I certainly hope you took time to voice your concerns at Guest Relations.

Now I'm not custodial statused, but I am custodial trained and certified... and I can tell you that's not how restrooms should be cleaned at WDW (heck, when I worked custodial I wouldn't even enter a restroom without wearing three pairs of latex gloves). I hope you took the woman's name and reported her to the closest manager -- her actions show me she's a danger to herself and others.

No, I didn't report it. But I'm almost positive I saw more than one custodial person cleaning without gloves on. Very bizarre.

Actually that's really disputable. Now, most professionals agree that anti-bacterial products not only kill germs but they wipe out the good bacteria in your body as well - the bacteria that keeps the body healthy. That's why we've seen a major decrease in the presciption of antibiotics for things like the flu. This is why I say that anti-bacterial soap is a temporary solution. And you do have to wash your hands every now and then to wash off the residue or else it's doing just as much harm as it is good.

Whilst I agree that washing your hands wins over hand sanitizer any day, no one should ever be prescribed antibiotics for the flu because the flu is a virus. Antibiotics will not help with the flu one bit.

Dear IHEARTNY,
Plus, in my years of living, I have come to a concencus with those around me that; come on, breast pumps are a good way to not offend anyone and it's the same thing as breastfeeding.

Oh, ok. So you want me to carry my pump and bottles around all day, first of all. Then you want me to go where to pump? Cause I will tell you right now, it is tough to be discreet with that thing. At WDW there are baby care centers, but how about in the real world? So you want me in a bathroom stall pumping, pouring up the milk in the bathroom after reading some of these stories? When it is so much easier, cleaner, less painful (pumping makes me SORE) etc. . . to just find a nice bench or the baby care center and nurse my son.

And let me just say that I know discreet. I was in the church nursery feeding my little nurseling last week and one of the men actually came in and walked right up to me to pass me communion. :rotfl: And we were sans-blanket. . . .at the Church of Christ. He had seen me go in and wanted to make sure I received the Lord's Supper and had NO idea what I was doing.

Anyway, I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I am just flabbergasted at some of these comments. Yes, I pump because I work and have to, but if my son and I are spending all day together, no matter where we are, there will be no pumping. If you are offended that is entirely your problem and has nothing whatsoever to do with me.

And to the poster who commented about not wanting her children to get an anatomy lesson from a nursing mother. . . . your children will eventually see breasts. They can see them the way God intended. . .as a way to feed and nurture babies, or they can see them as sexual objects, your call.

Dear IHEARTNY,
Plus, in my years of living, I have come to a concencus with those around me that; come on, breast pumps are a good way to not offend anyone and it's the same thing as breastfeeding.

Oh, ok. So you want me to carry my pump and bottles around all day, first of all. Then you want me to go where to pump? Cause I will tell you right now, it is tough to be discreet with that thing. At WDW there are baby care centers, but how about in the real world? So you want me in a bathroom stall pumping, pouring up the milk in the bathroom after reading some of these stories? When it is so much easier, cleaner, less painful (pumping makes me SORE) etc. . . to just find a nice bench or the baby care center and nurse my son.

And let me just say that I know discreet. I was in the church nursery feeding my little nurseling last week and one of the men actually came in and walked right up to me to pass me communion. :rotfl: And we were sans-blanket. . . .at the Church of Christ. He had seen me go in and wanted to make sure I received the Lord's Supper and had NO idea what I was doing.

Anyway, I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I am just flabbergasted at some of these comments. Yes, I pump because I work and have to, but if my son and I are spending all day together, no matter where we are, there will be no pumping. If you are offended that is entirely your problem and has nothing whatsoever to do with me.

And to the poster who commented about not wanting her children to get an anatomy lesson from a nursing mother. . . . your children will eventually see breasts. They can see them the way God intended. . .as a way to feed and nurture babies, or they can see them as sexual objects, your call.

Amen to that! :)

Amen to that! :)

Thank you. I did respond before I read the entire thread, and I am sorry to be a part of the hijacking, but I just couldn't let it go.

To get us back on track: This is really more mean than gross, but it involves a potty, so, well. . . here it is.

This December I saw a Mom pull out one of those portable potty chair things and insist that her little girl use it outside in plain sight of everyone, and the little girl was just distraught. Now I was really more offended by the attitude than the presence of the potty chair, because after reading this thread for a while, I don't know so much about having my little one sit so close to the floor in the bathrooms, but obviously this little girl was not into droping trou and doing her business out on the street at Disney World. It was just a sad scene. It does highlight the difference between boys and girls, though. Boys probably think it is cool to pee in a bottle rather than get out of line.pirate:

i honestly cannot understand this whole thing of parents making their kids pee in public at disney. the peeing in front of other people doesnt even bother me as much as the fact that these parents are forcing their kids to do something that obviously embarrasses and belittles them. :sad2:
if the kid is older i would make sure that they used the bathroom often. my daughters will often say that they "don't have to go", but i always ask them to try whenever we have the opportunity to use a bathroom. (i do the same myself) if the child is a toddler or newly potty trained and you thought you might have an issue, wouldnt you just use pull-ups or something. i dont want to make my kid pee in their pants, but if they can't make it to the bathroom that would be better than traumatizing them in public by making them pee in a bottle or bowl... or on the ground. those poor kids.

Whilst I agree that washing your hands wins over hand sanitizer any day, no one should ever be prescribed antibiotics for the flu because the flu is a virus. Antibiotics will not help with the flu one bit.

I understand that. Antibiotics used to be prescribed for many things unnecessarily, such as the flu and other infections that exhibited flu-like symptoms. My point is that you see much more caution around the use of antibiotics as well as a decrease in their prescriptions because they are no longer seen as a "cure all" and are seen as sometimes being harmful as they are indiscriminate in the bacteria that they kill.

No, I didn't report it. But I'm almost positive I saw more than one custodial person cleaning without gloves on. Very bizarre.
So... you felt a more positive way to bring about change was to complain about it on the DIS?

Very bizarre indeed. :confused3

Did I say I had some grand plan to bring about change? Nope.

And the last I checked this was a thread about gross things in the parks. I think my comments on the bathrooms and such fit with that quite well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter