Grand Californian Super Thread

A question I can’t find the answer to in this thread, or even with a search: Does anyone have a DGC property map that shows where the DVC rooms are located? Or are they mixed in throughout the property? Thanks!

A question I can’t find the answer to in this thread, or even with a search: Does anyone have a DGC property map that shows where the DVC rooms are located? Or are they mixed in throughout the property? Thanks!
They are in their own separate wing. If you go to the DVC section of Disboards, there is a VGC thread. Hopefilly this link will work. There's info and links on the first post. https://www.disboards.com/threads/villas-at-disneys-grand-californian-room-views.2906031/

I made this for someone who asked how to get from the DVC wing to DCA and Disneyland. The wing where the lines start, just above the words "Lobby Level Map," is the DVC wing. Red line is to the direct entrance from GCH into DCA, blue line is to Downtown Disney which accesses both parks.

Attachments

• grand californian map to DCA and DL.jpg
    grand californian map to DCA and DL.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 58
Can someone give me some info on, or direct me to where I can get info on, WOC viewing from the GC. We will be staying here in October for the second time but our first visit last year was when WOC was down. Not attending a Halloween party and would love to view the special WOC if possible. Thanks!

Can someone give me some info on, or direct me to where I can get info on, WOC viewing from the GC. We will be staying here in October for the second time but our first visit last year was when WOC was down. Not attending a Halloween party and would love to view the special WOC if possible. Thanks!
There is a patio on the 6th floor of the VGC building. I haven't been there for WOC, but here is a view during the day. It's not a great view of WOC because if is way off to the side.

Attachments

• VGC patio view.jpg
    VGC patio view.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 48
  • VGC patio.jpg
    VGC patio.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 46
Thanks for the pics! Does anyone know how crowded the patio is during WOC? Just wondering how early we should arrive

We have been up on the GC 6th floor viewing are a few times . The problem with seeing WOC from that area, is that it doesnt even really have to be very crowded to not see the show . If you have enough people up there to fill in the space at the railing ........you cant see past them and down to where WOC is .

Cant remember ......
Is that area open to all GC guests or just those staying in the DVC rooms ? For some reason I thought it was only DVC ???

We have been up on the GC 6th floor viewing are a few times . The problem with seeing WOC from that area, is that it doesnt even really have to be very crowded to not see the show . If you have enough people up there to fill in the space at the railing ........you cant see past them and down to where WOC is .

Cant remember ......
Is that area open to all GC guests or just those staying in the DVC rooms ? For some reason I thought it was only DVC ???
Agreed. Once about 10 people get there, the railing is full and the already-not-great view becomes no view. So unless you stake it out early (we accidentally went an hour early a month or so ago, thinking it started an hour earlier than it did; an hour earlier and we were the only ones up there), you may not have a view at all. And as OPs have said, the view is not great to begin with, so if you really want to see the show and projections, see it from inside DCA. It is open to all GCH and VGC guests with a room key.

We arrive next week for our stay at GCH. When we made the reservation they asked if we were celebrating anything special and took note. Do they do some extra for your stay? I’m guessing if anything it’s a button and congrats upon check in.

We arrive next week for our stay at GCH. When we made the reservation they asked if we were celebrating anything special and took note. Do they do some extra for your stay? I’m guessing if anything it’s a button and congrats upon check in.
Not usually, although we had some awesome pixie dust with our room request in November when we were there for our 30th anniversary. I don't know if we got lucky or if it was done intentionally, but we got our top choice of room request (this was a DVC room, so there aren't separate categories to select for views like the hotel rooms). They sometimes say something when you are checking in, just wishing you happy birthday or whatever. I don't think we've received buttons at GCH.

I'm sure this is addressed somewhere on these forums, but I can't find the right search terms. I figured I would start here.
We have a package at GCH in mid-October. I made the final payment last week.
I went to the Disneyland app but I don't see anything about my stay in there? I do see our OBB Halloween party tickets in there, but not the daily park tickets.
Will they show up eventually in app?

I see the reservation when I log in to the Disneyland website and I do see this note -
Delivery of Tickets
For all reservations paid in full, travel documents (such as vouchers or certain fulfillment cards, if applicable, or travel itinerary confirming reservations) will be delivered to the Front Desk of Guest's hotel. Packages can be picked up on the date of check-in at the hotel.

But I kind thought it was all electronic and seamlessly connected but maybe I am missing a step? Do I just scan them when we get onsite?

I'm sure this is addressed somewhere on these forums, but I can't find the right search terms. I figured I would start here.
We have a package at GCH in mid-October. I made the final payment last week.
I went to the Disneyland app but I don't see anything about my stay in there? I do see our OBB Halloween party tickets in there, but not the daily park tickets.
Will they show up eventually in app?

I see the reservation when I log in to the Disneyland website and I do see this note -
Delivery of Tickets
For all reservations paid in full, travel documents (such as vouchers or certain fulfillment cards, if applicable, or travel itinerary confirming reservations) will be delivered to the Front Desk of Guest's hotel. Packages can be picked up on the date of check-in at the hotel.

But I kind thought it was all electronic and seamlessly connected but maybe I am missing a step? Do I just scan them when we get onsite?
Unlike WDW hotel information does not appear in the DL app. The only thing you will see is any ADRs you make. When you check in they will give you your tickets which you can then scan into the app. After you enter the parks that day if you purchase maxpass you can start pulling fastpasses.

Unlike WDW hotel information does not appear in the DL app. The only thing you will see is any ADRs you make. When you check in they will give you your tickets which you can then scan into the app. After you enter the parks that day if you purchase maxpass you can start pulling fastpasses.

thank you!

Does anyone know if the hotel offers room service and, if so, when it begins? We're considering an early bfast in our room before rope dropping. Alternatively, we could hit up Craftsman Grille (what was Whitewater Snacks) but room service seems so convenient ...

we were there at the end of July celebrating our 30th , they asked when checking in if celebrating anything and they gave us a couple of buttons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!