Grand Californian Pause

I just finished my call with DVC as well. I had booked two studios on April 1. I just thought I got lucky and that the resort had recently expanded its allotted inventory. Clearly, that was wrong. Anyway, the person I spoke with identified herself as a supervisor, and she said that my points *would* become reservation points if I accepted two standard hotel rooms in place of the studios I originally booked. I declined and asked that my reservation be canceled instead.

Sounds like they are screwing this up about every way humanly possible between this post and the one before it.

I wonder if it is because the only way to prevent booking is to block it all so someone who cancels doesn’t then have that room go back into the online system?
That could be true, but they should still find a way to be able to manually cancel and refund points while they work on the full solution.

I have a 70 pt/night 2BR booking and haven't even gotten a call. I'd say doing nothing is even worse.
I booked both a 2 BR and a studio during the glitch, and my call was only regarding the studio reservation. They said the 2 BR reservation was fine. Hopefully yours is good too if you haven't received a call yet.

I’ve been checking all day and they‘ve now have opened up the site for new reservations at VGC. I just booked a 2b/2b for Aug 28th-29th and another 2b/2b for Oct 23-24 and recived the email confirmation. Now, i just have to worry about getting reservations into the park.

I’ve been checking all day and they‘ve now have opened up the site for new reservations at VGC. I just booked a 2b/2b for Aug 28th-29th and another 2b/2b for Oct 23-24 and recived the email confirmation. Now, i just have to worry about getting reservations into the park.
Your Grand Cal reservation will be helpful in that quest! There is a separate pool of Theme Park Reservations for those with Disney Hotel reservations. DVC at the Grand Cal count.

I have not been able to access the DVC website to book anything because it just shows "error 502".

Try this link, it will force a logout from your previous session (I use it all the time with that 502 error):

Alternatively you can use a Chrome Incognito Window or clear your cookies / cache, but I find the link the quickest method.

Thank you so much! I was wondering why I was having so many issues.

Woo Hoo! When it unpaused yesterday I was so nervous / bummed - we are on the last step of a resale contract with VGC - just waiting for the points (and yes I called MS to see if they would load them early and no dice). Points just arrived today and YES the dates I wanted were still available. 2 Bedroom for Dec 29-Jan 1 here we come! Here's hoping they open the parks for Non-Cali residents by then. SOOO happy today! :-) We had our Welcome Home trip to home #1 Riviera in February - this will be our first trip to home #2 VGC! :-). Happy Friday everyone! :-)

Woo Hoo! When it unpaused yesterday I was so nervous / bummed - we are on the last step of a resale contract with VGC - just waiting for the points (and yes I called MS to see if they would load them early and no dice). Points just arrived today and YES the dates I wanted were still available. 2 Bedroom for Dec 29-Jan 1 here we come! Here's hoping they open the parks for Non-Cali residents by then. SOOO happy today! :-) We had our Welcome Home trip to home #1 Riviera in February - this will be our first trip to home #2 VGC! :-). Happy Friday everyone! :-)

That’s great new - congratulations!!

I was finally able to cancel my reservation today for the end of May so I’m hoping someone on the waitlist got great news. A bit sad about it since this was going to be our first “Welcome Home” visit but there was no sense in going since we wouldn’t be able to get into the parks as non-CA residents.

I was finally able to cancel my reservation today for the end of May so I’m hoping someone on the waitlist got great news. A bit sad about it since this was going to be our first “Welcome Home” visit but there was no sense in going since we wouldn’t be able to get into the parks as non-CA residents.

Sorry to hear. Figure out your next dates so you can see those magic numbers counting down. Welcome Home - just delayed.
Woot!

I wasn't able to get to Member Services on Friday. I sent two emails asking for my Beach Club back if they double booked me.

This whole situation has been really frustrating. At this point, there are camp reservations and flights and travel plans involved, and no one can be bothered to pick up the phone for THEIR mistake.

I wasn't able to get to Member Services on Friday. I sent two emails asking for my Beach Club back if they double booked me.

This whole situation has been really frustrating. At this point, there are camp reservations and flights and travel plans involved, and no one can be bothered to pick up the phone for THEIR mistake.

Have you sent an email to Terri Schultz? I sent an email and received a call back from someone at Member Services - it's a different number and less of a wait. So I'd try that route if you haven't gotten anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter