Grand Californian Pause

I wasn't able to get to Member Services on Friday. I sent two emails asking for my Beach Club back if they double booked me.

This whole situation has been really frustrating. At this point, there are camp reservations and flights and travel plans involved, and no one can be bothered to pick up the phone for THEIR mistake.
Are you using the special number to Member Services that they set up for the VGC debacle? You should be able to get right through vs. the regular nightmare number. Just want to make sure you aren’t wasting any more of your time than you need to because of their mistake 😉

I wasn't able to get to Member Services on Friday. I sent two emails asking for my Beach Club back if they double booked me.

This whole situation has been really frustrating. At this point, there are camp reservations and flights and travel plans involved, and no one can be bothered to pick up the phone for THEIR mistake.

I wonder if they only contacted people who were impacted? Maybe your night was really available and that you are set?

Since they unpaused things, it seems that everyone who had an issue should have been contacted. It does sound frustrating to hear nothing but I think that’s a good sign you are set and the issue didn’t involve your room.

They confirmed my lock off. I guess I really did bag a unicorn. I guess we see if the state of California wants our dirty, out-of-state money this summer.
Based on what we have seen the past couple of days, it is looking like they will if you can show proof of vaccination or negative COVID test within 72 hours of your visit.

Of course, Disney will still need to officially update their rules to match first.

Just spitballing an idea here, would something like providing a room from the Disneyland or Paradise Pier Hotel and providing additional compensation work? I know they aren't DVC rooms; however, since both hotels are not open at present they could use that inventory. I am sure there would be a whole mess on the backend to make it happen and obviously would be missing some things like having kitchens, but maybe it could work for some.

That will never happen, DVC members in this case will probably lose their reservations to be replaced by more profitable cash customers because breakage,

Or the DVC members will be able to ‘keep’ their reservations but on points to cash exchange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter