Grand CAL. How much lower will the prices drop ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't listen right now. Is he upset that he sold earlier or no? I don't know this guy. Is he the one from that broker video a while back?

I'm so happy I decided to go for it much earlier than we planned. Of course, now I worry we'll never be able to add a 2nd VGC contract if we wanted to go more or stay in a bigger room. But that's okay. I'm just happy to have a contract at all!

“Grand Cal owners are laughing and smiling like Cheshire Cats right now!”

Chad sold 200 VGC points a while back in preparation of VDH and he is HOT! in this podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/my-dvc-points/id1434862668?i=1000610001838
Listened to it yesterday. Yeah, I felt bad for him. Though, he mainly sold his VGC to buy his new house in FL. Even still. I’ve been following his high anticipation of VDH for the past 2 years so I understood his pain. Pete on the other hand had some rose colored glasses though. Kinda surprising.

Listened to it yesterday. Yeah, I felt bad for him. Though, he mainly sold his VGC to buy his new house in FL. Even still. I’ve been following his high anticipation of VDH for the past 2 years so I understood his pain. Pete on the other hand had some rose colored glasses though. Kinda surprising.
I’m more in line with Pete, I don’t understand the outrage.

1) PPP was in line with higher end of expectations, but significantly below the originally feared $270pp.
2) Dues are a bit higher than expected, but that is the norm for new resorts now.
3) The ToT is outside of Disney’s control.

It seems like a lot of WDW based folks who might soon be in shock with what an unfriendly FL and Travel Commission government body and rising labor costs do for their own dues.

Last edited:
I’m more in line with Pete, I don’t understand the outrage.

1) PPP was in line with higher end of expectations, but significantly below the originally feasted $270pp.
2) Dues are a bit higher than expected, but that is the norm for new resorts now.
3) The ToT is outside of Disney’s control.

It seems like a lot of WDW based folks who might soon be in shock with what an unfriendly FL and Travel Commission government body and rising labor costs do for their own dues.
I’m nervous that the same TOT will come to VGC too. My typical 1-week 1BR stay in November would cost an additional $900 in taxes. I’m scurred.

I’m nervous that the same TOT will come to VGC too. My typical 1-week 1BR stay in November would cost an additional $900 in taxes. I’m scurred.
VGC has been around 14 years, I don't imagine things will suddenly change with such an established resort, but its enough to give heebie jeebies. I suspect that part of the negotiation Disney had with Anaheim was based on the tax arrangement to approve this timeshare. 🤔

Easy way to get leads for DLT. They say they want VGC, you call saying they can't buy there, lay the groundwork why DLT is better, and then close the deal.
Bingo! That’s exactly what happened to me. Two different guides on two different days.

It might be grandfathered in at a lower rate. 😬
VGC has been around 14 years, I don't imagine things will suddenly change with such an established resort, but it’s enough to give heebie jeebies. I suspect that part of the negotiation Disney had with Anaheim was based on the tax arrangement to approve this timeshare. 🤔
All speculation. I fear it’s coming. Nothing can be done when it comes to taxes. I’m also afraid of the loss of parking. I don’t think VGC will be safe, especially when its other shiny new product is shackled with these added charges.

All speculation. I fear it’s coming. Nothing can be done when it comes to taxes. I’m also afraid of the loss of parking. I don’t think VGC will be safe, especially when its other shiny new product is shackled with these added charges.
I agree, it's possible. But I tend to wonder if VDH didn't happen, would we be having this conversation? 🤷

Dumb question, but how do I figure out what the taxes would be for our stays if this ever happens? When I was doing the math to decide if DVC was worth it for us....this definitely was NOT part of it so....ugh.

Dumb question, but how do I figure out what the taxes would be for our stays if this ever happens? When I was doing the math to decide if DVC was worth it for us....this definitely was NOT part of it so....ugh.
$2.73pp so if you use 100 points, you’ll pay an additional $273 for your stay. And this rate will go up every year. At least for VDH anyway

$2.73pp so if you use 100 points, you’ll pay an additional $273 for your stay. And this rate will go up every year. At least for VDH anyway

Thanks. Not too crazy for me since my contract is only 160 points. But kind of annoying if they end up changing things like that.

I don’t think we will see an huge increase the TOT. I think Disney got an exception when they built the VGC since they were able to get it in the dues. They needed to get approval to build VDH but they probably didn’t want to push their luck in the political climate at the time.

I don’t think we will see an huge increase the TOT. I think Disney got an exception when they built the VGC since they were able to get it in the dues. They needed to get approval to build VDH but they probably didn’t want to push their luck in the political climate at the time.
I think you are probably right. I hope and pray so!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter