good park shorts for size 12 women

Academy Sports & Dick's have some nice wicking quick-dry shorts in their house-brand lines, and so does Bass Pro Shop. (I like skorts, too, more flattering on my fluffy self.) Penneys also has a nice jeans-styled cotton skort with a light knit undershort. (I also like to hit Bealls Florida outlets when visiting; they carry Columbia PFG & Reel Life outdoor clothing at great prices.)

Preferred inseam length will depend on how long your legs are. I'm very short-legged, so a 5" inseam is about 3" above the knee on me. (True bermudas with an 11" inseam hit me almost mid-calf, like capris.)

I find that an application of Body Glide helps keep shorts from riding up.

Also, absolutely no sneakers in the parks for me. I wear waterproof hiking sandals with a heel strap (not slides). My personal favorites are Merrells; they fit the shape of my feet best. The rest of my family tends to prefer Keens or Tevas, though my DD also likes Crocs. (I do have some of the Crocs flats, and have also worn those in the parks at times, but I'm more likely to wear those around the resort.) Wearing wet sneakers/socks is the 7th circle of hell for me, so I make it a point to always wear shoes that will dry while on my feet, so that typical Florida downpours are a nothingburger.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter