Golf Carts at the Fort.....waaaaay out of hand

It all goes back to not teaching responsibilty. It seems to be a lost trait with many of this generation. The few will ruin it for the many. After being on these boards for a long time, Disers are the exception to this.

We really haven't seen much trouble with the golf carts but I think that is because we go around the first couple of weeks in December and there aren't so many kids there.
Parents should use common sense. I agree with the last poster that parents need to teach responsibility and I'll add respect for others and their property. Kids (alot not all) have no respect for others property. They think they can just do whatever they want. They aren't made to work for things they just have things handed to them so it has no value to them. Not the way I was taught that is for sure.
I know I will not be a happy camper if some idiot hits our golf cart. Running them over in the cart sounds like a good idea. :idea: Maybe we can string them up and drag them around too.

We work hard for our toys and I sure don't want some jack### tearing them up.

Eventually these idiots will ruin it for us all when we aren't allowed to take our carts to the Fort and they don't rent any out. :mad:

Eventually someone will get very hurt.
Then the lawyers will step in and everyone is going down.
They are going to sue disney, the parents of the kid driving the cart, the guy who rented the cart to the parents, the company who maintains the carts, the company that made the cart, the guy who invented carts, etc.
And the only people who are going to lose everything are the parents of the kid.
Parents are responsible for the willful misconduct of children.
It doesnt matter that is was just this one time I let him or her because of the constant whinning about driving the cart.
It doesnt matter that you thought it was cute to watch a 4 year old drive grandpa around.
The rules say no kids drive, and that means no kids drive.
And as a parent you are going to burn for 10 minutes of fun.
I for one am not willing to lose my house to a lawsuit.
And if you think it cant happen, just think back a few years ago when a women won a $4 million dollar lawsuit against mcdonalds because her hot coffee was too hot.
And when the lawsuits end disney will no longer allow carts.

:rolleyes: Not that I have any opinions about this issue.:rolleyes:

There was no winner of $4mm vs McDonalds.

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants,[1] also known as the “McDonald's coffee case,” is a well-known 1994 product liability lawsuit that became a flashpoint in the debate in the U.S. over tort reform after a jury awarded $2.86 million to a woman who burned herself with hot coffee. The trial judge reduced the total award to $640,000, and the parties settled for a confidential amount before an appeal was decided. The case entered popular understanding as an example of frivolous litigation;[2] ABC News calls the case “the poster child of excessive lawsuits

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants,[1] also known as the “McDonald's coffee case,” is a well-known 1994 product liability lawsuit that became a flashpoint in the debate in the U.S. over tort reform after a jury awarded $2.86 million to a woman who burned herself with hot coffee. The trial judge reduced the total award to $640,000, and the parties settled for a confidential amount before an appeal was decided. The case entered popular understanding as an example of frivolous litigation;[2] ABC News calls the case “the poster child of excessive lawsuits

Well, it wasn't $4mm, and it was excessive because McDonalds let it get that way. It wasn't her doing.

Well, it wasn't $4mm, and it was excessive because McDonalds let it get that way. It wasn't her doing.

Of course it was her doing. She is the one who filed the suit. What kinda moron sues because their coffee is too hot and they got burned? What kinda moron puts a cup of hot coffee between their legs before they drive off? You shouldn't be able to sue for your own stupidity.

I have never seen trouble with the golf carts. I do know some of the kids do get a little crazy. But remember when we were kids we wanted to drive whenever we could. And yes we would get a little crazy also. But back in the day my dad would kick my butt if I got too crazy. My son drives now and I will kick his butt if he acts to crazy. Or if he is not courtesy. Now as we all know when some of us adults get a little tipsy, lets be honest we get a little crazy too. Heck the ft is about the only place you can drink and drive without going to jail. So lets give the kids a little break as long as they don't get drunk and as crazy as we do. LOL But they should be at least 16 with a dl. Even on a golf course you have to have a dl to drive a cart.

Lets just all relax and have fun at the fort.

Of course it was her doing. She is the one who filed the suit. What kinda moron sues because their coffee is too hot and they got burned? What kinda moron puts a cup of hot coffee between their legs before they drive off? You shouldn't be able to sue for your own stupidity.

You need to read the case. McDonalds is the one at fault here.

Wikipedia, while a start, is not to be used for any sort of factual information.

Gatordad,you should be ok as long as Derek nor I ever drive your cart again.
We are not smart enoung to know it has moer than just 1 speed!

Regardless of what kind of spin control you are trying to put on irresponsible parents and their spawn, if some kid goes tooling into the side of my bus in a golf cart there are going to be lawsuits of biblical proportion, I kid you not.
And all the self righteous chatter in the world wont change the fact that someones family is going to be in a state of financial ruin, all for the thrill of plowing a golf cart into someone, or something.
Afterwords you will be able to use wikipedia to research the case study, even if wikipedia isn't up to par for some.:rolleyes1

It's not a matter of Wikipedia being up to par. It's that it is not a reliable news source. You wouldn't ask a 12 year old kid for facts on anything, and with user content editing, that's what you might be getting with wikipedia.

As for a biblical lawsuit,:rotfl2: , you would be entitled to damages caused by the cart, and I assure you, a FW cart wouldn't cause anything significant to a motorhome.

Gatordad,you should be ok as long as Derek nor I ever drive your cart again.
We are not smart enoung to know it has moer than just 1 speed!

I usually keep it on max speed, but I think it drains the batteries when going fast all the time.

Me too, that's why I reseach things I don't know.

Well then, the next time you are looking up stuff take a gander at what it takes to make the stainless on a bus shine.
That is not counting damage repair.
The total man hours to make the stainless on a prevost shine is about 110 hrs.
That info is from several places including marathon coach, now take the $100 an hour labor rates that bus places get and do the math.
And thats just to polish out the bus so it looks the same all around after the alleged golf cart incident.

Anyone can sue anybody for anything. Just because you file a lawsuit is no guarantee that you'll get anything out of it.

If something happens to a guest that is clearly the fault of the guest - Disney doesn't lose a thing. In the past 2 years there have been (IIRC) 4 deaths in the theme parks. Very quickly it was proven that all 4 guests had an undiagnosed medical condition that was excellerated by riding particular attractions. Disney didn't contribute $.01 to the funerals. They didn't have to.

The same would most likely apply if someone was injured on or by a rental golf cart. It would be up to the injured party to prove Disney was negligent on some level. More than likely if the injuries or damage was caused by an inelligible driver or by reckless driving - the burden of proof would be on the renter of the cart that the cart failed somehow (brakes, motor, etc). Successful litigation against Disney would only happen if Disney rented someone a cart that they knew had a maintenance problem.

The rental rules regarding the carts are very clear and written in such a way that leaves no loop-holes allowing Disney to be sued. If you bring your own cart you are bound to the same rules as those who rent a cart from Disney.

Well then, the next time you are looking up stuff take a gander at what it takes to make the stainless on a bus shine.
That info is from several places including marathon coach, now take the $100 an hour labor rates that bus places get and do the math.
And thats just to polish out the bus so it looks the same all around after the alleged golf cart incident.

And if someone hit the coach, you'd receive compensation to cover the damages.
I still don't see a biblical proportions lawsuit.

Anyone can sue anybody for anything. Just because you file a lawsuit is no guarantee that you'll get anything out of it.

If something happens to a guest that is clearly the fault of the guest - Disney doesn't lose a thing. In the past 2 years there have been (IIRC) 4 deaths in the theme parks. Very quickly it was proven that all 4 guests had an undiagnosed medical condition that was excellerated by riding particular attractions. Disney didn't contribute $.01 to the funerals. They didn't have to.

The same would most likely apply if someone was injured on or by a rental golf cart. It would be up to the injured party to prove Disney was negligent on some level. More than likely if the injuries or damage was caused by an inelligible driver or by reckless driving - the burden of proof would be on the renter of the cart that the cart failed somehow (brakes, motor, etc). Successful litigation against Disney would only happen if Disney rented someone a cart that they knew had a maintenance problem.

The rental rules regarding the carts are very clear and written in such a way that leaves no loop-holes allowing Disney to be sued. If you bring your own cart you are bound to the same rules as those who rent a cart from Disney.

There is a slight difference, in the fact that if you could prove that Disney was negligent in enforcing rules at the fort, then they'd bear some liability. And in a lawsuit, you go after the deepest pockets.

On the theme park deaths, no one from Disney was negligent in their duties. That's why I'm curious why they don't enforce the cart rules more.

My 45' Travel Supreme Select took me just as long to wax - but it gave me something to do when I took early retirement.

If you're retired, you have a great hobby to keep you busy, give you some exercise, and save some $$$ to spend at FtW.:thumbsup2

Stainless steel bus vs. fiberglass golf cart. Hmmmmm.... I somehow think the stainless wins every time. I think I'd be more concerned about the kid on the cart being hurt (even if it was his/her fault) than my bus having a smudge of paint on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter