Golf Cart Question

Bronte

DIS Veteran
I will be renting a golf cart for our upcoming visit to the campground.
Is there a way to use Christmas Lights to decorate the cart ??
Our golf cart at home has an outlet so we plug into that for the lights but I was not sure about the rental ones ... Do we need all battery operated lights or is there a way to plug into the cart ??

as i recall, there are no outlets on the disney carts, the lights I've seen on carts are the battery operated style

Since all the Disney carts are 48 volt carts you can not hook any lights up directly to the batteries as it would cause a fire. You would have to use the AA battery lights as mentioned by team bradfield above.

Battery operated is the way to go

Battery operated sounds like the way to go ...
Glad I asked because there is still time to go shopping (we check in Dec. 22)
Thanks !!!!!

From talking to the CM at the cart stand, they say 1:00 is pickup time, but he also said that as long as there where carts available, you could pick up as early as 6:05 a.m.

I’m sure someone else @bama_ed could verify. :rolleyes1

From talking to the CM at the cart stand, they say 1:00 is pickup time, but he also said that as long as there where carts available, you could pick up as early as 6:05 a.m.

I’m sure someone else @bama_ed could verify. :rolleyes1

Oh look, snowmedic's hook is SO pretty and shiny .....

As the recipient of a 605am golf cart (or maybe it was 615am? :confused3), I'm here to swear that it can be done. The more positive the interaction with the CM, the more likely they are to help you. Charm, smile, make small talk if there is time, and you stand a good chance.

The CM's job is to get 'em back on time, charge 'em up, and put 'em back out. If they can get you one a couple hours early, they will.

Bama Ed

EDIT: PS - The CM is the one out by the carts that I'm referring to.

Last edited:
Thank you all! We arrive Saturday and I didn't want to miss a fast pass for going back to pick up the cart. I will try early and if not back to the resort I will go at 1:00.

I agree with the others, battery lights are the way to go. Pick up cheap batteries at the Dollar Tree, otherwise you can spend a fortune on them. You can get the battery lights almost everywhere. I have picked them up at the Dollar Tree, Big Lots and Walmart. Office binder clips work great to attach to the roof and tie wraps for the sides. Dollar Tree is also a great place for garland, wreaths etc if you want to do more than lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!