Gold to Platiunum upgrade on phone possible now-just did it!

Lisa75

DIS Veteran
They said it was fairly new and I have not seen it here so thought I'd share. We have already activated Gold passes but are coming at Christmas and with my Fast Pass date approaching I was thinking of all sorts of ways to be able to make them up to and including flying in and out myself one day-same day to handle it.

I called Passholder services who gave me the number for ticketing. They did it over the phone-already activated and used renewal Gold's with February and August 2020 expirations upgraded to Platinum for $181 per person.

Hope this helps someone.

Ok- so the CM I spoke to at ticketing said they can't do it. Now I'm trying passholder services.

Passholder people were able to help through ticketing- I had a bad CM the first go around. Thank you!

Glad to hear it helped you! And no we don’t live in Florida (2 1/2 hour flight away) so this helped tremendously.

Good morning,
so do you think this can be done to upgrade regular tickets to Gold AP before leaving DW during our Christmas trip?

Good morning,
so do you think this can be done to upgrade regular tickets to Gold AP before leaving DW during our Christmas trip?

Guest relations at the park can upgrade tickets to Gold pass while you are there. I do not believe MS has the ability to upgrade tickets that have been used, That has to be done in person,

I just upgraded the other day my 5 day pass I got at UT to Gold AP. And the CM bridged it for me to gate price without my having to go in first. I had decided not to worry about it as it would have been a hassle so when he said he did it for me, I was excited that I got to keep the discount of about $40!

Guest relations at the park can upgrade tickets to Gold pass while you are there. I do not believe MS has the ability to upgrade tickets that have been used, That has to be done in person,

I just upgraded the other day my 5 day pass I got at UT to Gold AP. And the CM bridged it for me to gate price without my having to go in first. I had decided not to worry about it as it would have been a hassle so when he said he did it for me, I was excited that I got to keep the discount of about $40!

OK, good for you!
that's what I was thinking , we will upgrade after the last day that we go to the parks, we will have still an extra day left
thank you !

OK, good for you!
that's what I was thinking , we will upgrade after the last day that we go to the parks, we will have still an extra day left
thank you !

Yes, just be sure you do it before all days are used up!

Per the Ticket sticky on the Theme Parks board, It’s no longer necessary to enter a park before upgrading a ticket to an AP. So if you know when you arrive that you want to upgrade, and none of your planned park days would be blocked out on that AP, you can go to any ticket booth or GR to upgrade. That way you can enjoy the AP benefits (discounts and Memory Maker) right away.

Per the Ticket sticky on the Theme Parks board, It’s no longer necessary to enter a park before upgrading a ticket to an AP. So if you know when you arrive that you want to upgrade, and none of your planned park days would be blocked out on that AP, you can go to any ticket booth or GR to upgrade. That way you can enjoy the AP benefits (discounts and Memory Maker) right away.

I knew I could upgrade, just didn’t expect them to bridge it to gate price as the last time I went, it had to be used first to get that feature.

Good to know they no longer make you use a discounted ticket first to keep the savings!

I have a trip planned during spring break and decided to give this a shot as my fast pass window was approaching.

The passholder agent insisted I had to do the upgrade in person. Having read here that upgrading over the phone was possible I asked that I be transferred to a ticketing agent. The ticketing agent apologized for the misinformation the passholder agent had provided and helped me upgrade my passes from gold to platinum. 😃

For anyone wondering the upgrade price difference was $213 per pass.

I have a trip planned during spring break and decided to give this a shot as my fast pass window was approaching.

The passholder agent insisted I had to do the upgrade in person. Having read here that upgrading over the phone was possible I asked that I be transferred to a ticketing agent. The ticketing agent apologized for the misinformation the passholder agent had provided and helped me upgrade my passes from gold to platinum. 😃

For anyone wondering the upgrade price difference was $213 per pass.
Had you used the Gold pass yet? DH and I need to renew our Gold passes in October for a November trip but also have a Christmas trip booked during blackout time. Sure would be nice budget wise to renew at Gold price, then upgrade to Platinum a few weeks later!

Had you used the Gold pass yet? DH and I need to renew our Gold passes in October for a November trip but also have a Christmas trip booked during blackout time. Sure would be nice budget wise to renew at Gold price, then upgrade to Platinum a few weeks later!

Yes, we used the Gold passes in October when we purchased them. Like you I wanted to budget the cost of the passes.

I’ll have to browse through it since I’m wondering if it can be done via phone now too. The app lets me upgrade the ticket but to a platinum pass and not a gold pass

I’ll have to browse through it since I’m wondering if it can be done via phone now too. The app lets me upgrade the ticket but to a platinum pass and not a gold pass
Please post to this thread what you find out! I’d love to be able to upgrade a regular ticket to a Gold pass through the app. Heretofore a call to DVC MS or visit to GR or a ticket booth has been required to purchase or renew a DVC Gold pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter