Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021, Christmas 2021 and July 2024 Trips

It was a nice stop. It's not themed like some of the other bars but okay.
So... you wouldn't say no... but not exactly a glowing (pun intended) recommendation, either.
:thumbsup2Something we can agree on.
::yes::
If you every drove to the MK you have either taken the ferry or the monorail. The ferry holds more people.
Oh, we drove in 1978. I don't think there was any other way to get there at the time.
But whether we took the monorail or the ferry... I'm inclined to think we took the monorail, but I just don't remember.
Something else to add to your ever growing list.
Always more...
I don't think I knew it until I saw it.
Cat's out of the bag now!
Add it to the list!
My ever growing list! :laughing:

How many times do we rack our brains trying to find the fastest way to get somewhere in Disney?
So many times 😂
My heart wanted to go into MK so bad. Just think if we had we would have hit all 4 parks.
I’m sure it was really tough to walk past the MK entrance. Funny you mention the 4 park challenge-I did think of that as I was counting the parks you’d been to.
I'm really glad we got to see the Seven Seas Lagoon in all it's twilight glory
it really did look beautiful 😍
We thought about getting drinks at all our stops but I'm such a total lightweight, he would have had to carry me back.
:rotfl:
I think she knew we might stop by. She loves when we do that.

How is Danielle feeling now as she approaches the end of her time working at WDW?

So... you wouldn't say no... but not exactly a glowing (pun intended) recommendation, either.

:thumbsup2

Oh, we drove in 1978. I don't think there was any other way to get there at the time.
But whether we took the monorail or the ferry... I'm inclined to think we took the monorail, but I just don't remember.

I think my first choice would be Monorail too, but when faced with a large line the boat will hold more people.

It's time for another life update.

Time is really flying by. Michelle leaves to meet Danielle for their birthday time together in 6 sleeps! I don't think she has even started packing. There plans are also always changing so I'm excited to see what they do. We have done some outfit planning for our trip in July. Michelle is so good at putting stuff together.

I made our second set of ADRs on May 25th. I also caved and renewed my Annual Pass. I don't think anyone really believed I wouldn't. I don't think Dennis was real happy about that.

We have an ADR for Chef Mickey's on our MK day and I think we might cancel it. We already have 2 character meals with Mickey and some part of the Fab 5 or Fab 6.

We have a 50th Prime lunch on our DHS day for the Fantasmic dinner package and a dinner ADR for Mama Melrose's. Danielle will be working this day and wants to meet us for dinner. She requested Mama's so of course we had to do it. We booked the Fantasmic package to make sure we get in.

And now for the biggest news: Danielle is not leaving Disney. Is anyone surprised? We have all taken some time to process this and we're making adjustments. Danielle went through a really rough time at the end of May and had to make some choices. She has looked at the job market here and she would be giving up some great benefits and have to take a cut in pay. I don't think she really wanted to leave. She finally admitted to me early in the first week of June she was having second thoughts. I told her she needed to speak to her proprietor to make sure she would still have a position if she chose to stay. Her boss was overjoyed to hear she was thinking about staying and told her they would just forget she even mentioned leaving. She also had a heart to heart with her about her really wanting to move jobs. Her boss said she would help her anyway she could. The next step was to find a new place to live. Her old roommates had already started looking for something without her. Danielle also came to the realization she really wanted to live alone. She doesn't want to be totally alone but needs to live alone. There is such a big gap between her and Michelle and Brent that she was pretty much raised as an only child and she likes her "me time". I'm glad she has had the opportunity to live in a controlled roommate environment in her Disney programs and then 2 years of living with other roommates. Her coworkers and current roommates are thrilled she's staying and want to work with her to make sure things work out. She started looking for a one bedroom apartment that week. She had to widen her search in order to find something somewhat affordable. The apartments near Disney are much more. She has several friends that live further out for this reason. Early last week she stayed with her old roommate from her second program and toured several places and found the right fit for her. She applied and was accepted within the same day, so now she can't come home. She'll be living in the Davenport/Champions Gate area which is about 35 minutes out on I-4. The same day she applied her 3 roommates applied for a 3 bedroom on a higher floor in the same building as she will be. She will have her space and still have her friends and not be far from other friends. They all will have the same move in date too. We're all sad she isn't coming home but I know this is the best thing for her right now. She can start moving in about the time Michelle leaves to come home. Originally she was going to drive home on June 30th and drive back on July 3rd so she could bring her cats here. I took off July 1st, 2nd and 3rd to spend time with her. I will now be flying to Orlando on June 29th and flying back on July 3rd to help her pack and move and get set up. This will be a work trip so no park time planned and since she'll be living a lot further out the draw to be in the bubble won't be so strong.

We're still going for our July trip but she is going to work on taking off the last day since we won't need to wait on her to drive her stuff back. I told her she was going to be really tired of her family buy the time we leave at the end of July.

I'm really glad I renewed my pass.

Ach, you know what, I’m really glad for Danielle :goodvibes Sometimes it’s hard to admit that you’re having second thoughts but it sounds like it’s all worked out for her. Great news that her boss is both delighted and happy to help her progress in her career at WDW. Sounds like Danielle will have the best of both worlds in her new living quarters- alone time and space plus friends in the same building- win win :goodvibes
Me too!
Now you have the perfect excuse to plan lots of trips ::yes::

Wow! I’m happy for her, it sounds like the perfect way to continue on without it feeling still like a college stint! Living a little further away, I’m sure will give her time away from the bubble! Most of us, who vacation there can’t imagine that, lol 😆 but living and working there you need a work/life balance.
I’m so glad you renewed you AP!

It was late afternoon when we left Animal Kingdom but we weren't ready to call it a night yet. We decided we needed to take an Adventure. We kinda of knew where we wanted to go but we also wanted to hit some other spots and we were going to take the LONG WAY there. We wanted to use as many modes of transportation as possible. We weren't really in a hurry and didn't have to be anywhere for any particular time.
That's a really fun challenge!
We had a nice table looking out and relaxed for a bit. This was our view.
Beautiful!
We walked out to the pier to catch a boat back to the Magic Kingdom. We just missed a boat so we ended up waiting for quite a bit of time. We really wanted to catch a monorail to Epcot eventually while it was still light. We didn't get to do this but we did catch a lovely twilight on Seven Seas Lagoon.
That's the best. :)
We finally made it to the Magic Kingdom.
Yay!
It was fully dark by the time we got to Epcot. We stopped to take a photo pass picture with the Ball. I really love all the light shows the Ball does now. I think I could sit and watch it on every trip.
Gorgeous!
We did not just get off the Skyliner and catch a bus. That would have been too easy. We entered Studios so I could get some more night time decoration photos.
The parks are even more magical at night.
I Love the Peppermint girls! I think they look even better at night.
::yes::
Time is really flying by. Michelle leaves to meet Danielle for their birthday time together in 6 sleeps! I don't think she has even started packing. There plans are also always changing so I'm excited to see what they do. We have done some outfit planning for our trip in July. Michelle is so good at putting stuff together.
They will have so much fun together!
We have a 50th Prime lunch on our DHS day for the Fantasmic dinner package and a dinner ADR for Mama Melrose's. Danielle will be working this day and wants to meet us for dinner. She requested Mama's so of course we had to do it. We booked the Fantasmic package to make sure we get in.
Perfect!
And now for the biggest news: Danielle is not leaving Disney. Is anyone surprised? We have all taken some time to process this and we're making adjustments. Danielle went through a really rough time at the end of May and had to make some choices. She has looked at the job market here and she would be giving up some great benefits and have to take a cut in pay. I don't think she really wanted to leave. She finally admitted to me early in the first week of June she was having second thoughts.
Not surprised at all. Maybe she was feeling frustrated in her lack of movement and thought leaving would be best. I am glad her boss wants to help her.
Early last week she stayed with her old roommate from her second program and toured several places and found the right fit for her. She applied and was accepted within the same day, so now she can't come home. She'll be living in the Davenport/Champions Gate area which is about 35 minutes out on I-4. The same day she applied her 3 roommates applied for a 3 bedroom on a higher floor in the same building as she will be. She will have her space and still have her friends and not be far from other friends. They all will have the same move in date too. We're all sad she isn't coming home but I know this is the best thing for her right now.
It's bittersweet for a momma's heart. We want our babies close to us but we also want them to live the lives they are meant to live. Thinking of you, Vanessa.:hug:
Me too! There will be many fun adventures to be had!

Ach, you know what, I’m really glad for Danielle :goodvibes Sometimes it’s hard to admit that you’re having second thoughts but it sounds like it’s all worked out for her. Great news that her boss is both delighted and happy to help her progress in her career at WDW. Sounds like Danielle will have the best of both worlds in her new living quarters- alone time and space plus friends in the same building- win win :goodvibes
When she posted pictures from the Sunrise Yoga I knew she was starting to have second thoughts. She has so many great experiences there. I really hope things in the job area work out for her too.

Me too!
Now you have the perfect excuse to plan lots of trips ::yes::

Dennis has only agreed to some sort of trip near Christmas so far. But who says he has to always come with me?

Wow! I’m happy for her, it sounds like the perfect way to continue on without it feeling still like a college stint! Living a little further away, I’m sure will give her time away from the bubble! Most of us, who vacation there can’t imagine that, lol 😆 but living and working there you need a work/life balance.

I'm wondering how she's going to feel once she starts making the commute to work. She will be right off I-4. She's real excited to finally have her own space totally to herself.

I’m so glad you renewed you AP!

Me too! Now I need to use it.

That's a really fun challenge!

It really was. I think Dennis would like to try something like that again when it's just the 2 of us.

Gorgeous!

Thank you!

The parks are even more magical at night.

Yes they are, but you can't be too tired to enjoy them.

They will have so much fun together!

I know they will.

Not surprised at all. Maybe she was feeling frustrated in her lack of movement and thought leaving would be best. I am glad her boss wants to help her.

I wasn't surprised either, I think I was the only one.

It's bittersweet for a momma's heart. We want our babies close to us but we also want them to live the lives they are meant to live. Thinking of you, Vanessa.:hug:

Thank you! It really is bittersweet. I want her to be the best she can be.

Me too! There will be many fun adventures to be had!

I can't wait!

I am happy for Danielle but a little sad for you. I think she is having valuable experiences that help her grow and learn about herself. Now she will experience having her own place and maybe it will work out soon for a new more desired position. I am watching my grandchildren who are about the same age go through the same sorts of learning and growing experiences. I never had the chance for solo experiences and being totally on my own, and I think it is important for them to have that. Best wishes to her and hugs for you. But now more excuses to go to Disney!

Michelle leaves to meet Danielle for their birthday time together in 6 sleeps!
Coming up soon!
I also caved and renewed my Annual Pass. I don't think anyone really believed I wouldn't.
:rolleyes:
I don't think Dennis was real happy about that.
:laughing:
Ya gotta make allowances for us Disney nuts!
We have a 50th Prime lunch on our DHS day
mmmm... fried chicken... onion rings... PB&J shake....
and a dinner ADR for Mama Melrose's
I took a look at the menu... and I'm sad to see that my favourite (that I had the last two times I was there) is gone. :(
And I don't see anything that particularly entices me to go back, now.

Ah well. I'll wait for your report.
And now for the biggest news: Danielle is not leaving Disney. Is anyone surprised?
YES! I most certainly am! I thought it was a done deal.
Her boss was overjoyed to hear she was thinking about staying and told her they would just forget she even mentioned leaving.
Nice of her boss.
The same day she applied her 3 roommates applied for a 3 bedroom on a higher floor in the same building as she will be. She will have her space and still have her friends and not be far from other friends.
That's great!
Did you renew before or after Danielle had made her decision?

I am happy for Danielle but a little sad for you. I think she is having valuable experiences that help her grow and learn about herself. Now she will experience having her own place and maybe it will work out soon for a new more desired position. I am watching my grandchildren who are about the same age go through the same sorts of learning and growing experiences. I never had the chance for solo experiences and being totally on my own, and I think it is important for them to have that. Best wishes to her and hugs for you. But now more excuses to go to Disney!

I think this will be another good learning experience for her. I never lived solo either so I'm proud of her for doing this. She does have 2 cats so hopefully she doesn't become "the cat lady".

Sounds like you and Dennis raised a smart, responsible girl! She looked at all her options and knew what she wanted and made an informed choice. It’s nice to have all our kids close (4 of 5 of ours are close, one is 12 hours away), but as long as they are happy…
And since you renewed your AP, all the better! 😉

mmmm... fried chicken... onion rings... PB&J shake....

Dennis is looking forward to the fried chicken.

I took a look at the menu... and I'm sad to see that my favourite (that I had the last two times I was there) is gone. :(
And I don't see anything that particularly entices me to go back, now.

The menu has changed but we found some good choices when we went in April, one of the reasons we want to go back.

YES! I most certainly am! I thought it was a done deal.

I don't think I ever truly believed she was really finished with Disney. I remember how devastated she was when she was sent home when the parks closed.

Nice of her boss.

I've met her on 2 separate trips and she was very nice and had great things to say about Danielle.

Did you renew before or after Danielle had made her decision?

My pass was expiring on May 24th. We were making our park reservations and I couldn't make mine until I renewed it, so it got renewed around the 24th.

Sounds like you and Dennis raised a smart, responsible girl! She looked at all her options and knew what she wanted and made an informed choice. It’s nice to have all our kids close (4 of 5 of ours are close, one is 12 hours away), but as long as they are happy…
And since you renewed your AP, all the better! 😉

She does analyze her options and make lists. :thumbsup2

We only have 1 of 3 close so you're very lucky, but above all else I want my kids to be happy with their lives.

So glad I renewed the pass!

Dennis is looking forward to the fried chicken.
How could you not?
I don't think I ever truly believed she was really finished with Disney. I remember how devastated she was when she was sent home when the parks closed.
Mother's intuition.
My pass was expiring on May 24th. We were making our park reservations and I couldn't make mine until I renewed it, so it got renewed around the 24th.
When did Danielle tell you she was staying with Disney?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest