Genie Service

They need to at least make a consideration for families with children under 10. Those tickets should have Genie+ for free if the parent chooses to purchase Genie+ with their adult ticket.

It's not like those families are hogging all the E-Ticket rides. They're primarily spending the day in Fantasyland, strolling around the parks, eating or waiting on a parade.

They need to at least make a consideration for families with children under 10. Those tickets should have Genie+ for free if the parent chooses to purchase Genie+ with their adult ticket.

It's not like those families are hogging all the E-Ticket rides. They're primarily spending the day in Fantasyland, strolling around the parks, eating or waiting on a parade.
Genie+ won't include the newest and best rides. Those will be IA$ (pay per ride) selections. Genie+ strikes me as something that families with young children might be willing to spend money on if it means they aren't standing in a 1-hour queue with an impatient kid or two. I suppose that we could see it as part of a package deal similar to the old "Kids Stay and Play Free" deals of the past but I don't envision it being incorporated as a permanent part of Genie+. That would be leaving too much money on the table.

Ok, I got questions lots of them. Do not attempt to answer all of them.

A. Does anyone know if Genie was developed with the pre-pandemic issues/customer in mind?
B. How has the model been tweaked given the current data/info about spending and return since the pandemic?
C. Is this product made for people 5 years back or the current economic/travel/family mindset?
D. Is it still relevant and viable if Genie proposed/designed pre-pandemic?
E. Due to the explosion of the increased screen time in the past two years is the Genie screen time a plus or a minus?
F. How does the Genie promote a shared experience or collaborative family making decisions?
G. Or does it help everyone just learn to be a better follower of the AI leader?
H. Does this attract diversity or make another barrier?
I. Will this reduce the returning visitor amount?

so many questions that I don’t want to ponder intentionally but rather just get a hunch about. Perhaps fodder for future articles/podcasts/bloggers feeding the mouse!

When will they release more info? I'm interested to learn the impact on hopping or hitting the park at lunch time.

Can you make a LL reservation in the morning for the afternoon for your second park? Seems like G+ will have people NOT paying for hoppers.

When will they release more info? I'm interested to learn the impact on hopping or hitting the park at lunch time.

Can you make a LL reservation in the morning for the afternoon for your second park? Seems like G+ will have people NOT paying for hoppers.

All they have said is next available time. So, it sounds like you can’t pick the time..however, if the next time it gives you is the afternoon, you can book it.

The model for this is Disneyland's MaxPass. MaxPass did not even allow you to choose your preferred return time. It was a throwback to the old paper FP system at WDW where the current return time was displayed before you claimed a ride ticket, and it was a "take it or leave it" situation.

The MaxPass app would display all of the attractions for which you could claim a pass, along with their current return times. If you want a pass for Radiator Springs Racers and the return time is listed as 6:05 - 7:05, and you have dinner plans at 6:15...tough. There was no flexibility to opt for a later time.

You also could not try to change your ride time without dropping it entirely. We would often refresh the FastPass+ app to see if something earlier or later appeared which better fit our current situation. In the case of MaxPass, the only way to look for alternative times was to drop the reservation you're holding...in which case someone else would likely take it immediately.

All they have said is next available time. So, it sounds like you can’t pick the time..however, if the next time it gives you is the afternoon, you can book it.
What I read sounds like if you hop you can't book a Genie+ until 2 p.m. when you're allowed to go to a second park. This concerns me a great deal. I'm wondering what will be left in the afternoon besides rides you don't need a Genie + for, in other words...useless with park hopping.

Ok, I got questions lots of them. Do not attempt to answer all of them.

A. Does anyone know if Genie was developed with the pre-pandemic issues/customer in mind?
B. How has the model been tweaked given the current data/info about spending and return since the pandemic?
C. Is this product made for people 5 years back or the current economic/travel/family mindset?
D. Is it still relevant and viable if Genie proposed/designed pre-pandemic?
E. Due to the explosion of the increased screen time in the past two years is the Genie screen time a plus or a minus?
F. How does the Genie promote a shared experience or collaborative family making decisions?
G. Or does it help everyone just learn to be a better follower of the AI leader?
H. Does this attract diversity or make another barrier?
I. Will this reduce the returning visitor amount?

so many questions that I don’t want to ponder intentionally but rather just get a hunch about. Perhaps fodder for future articles/podcasts/bloggers feeding the mouse!
GENIE has been in development for over 10years. The pandemic made it much easier due to no FP's and parks being closed.
All systems shut down and were put back online when they fit into the GENIE needs.

What I read sounds like if you hop you can't book a Genie+ until 2 p.m. when you're allowed to go to a second park. This concerns me a great deal. I'm wondering what will be left in the afternoon besides rides you don't need a Genie + for, in other words...useless with park hopping.

I guess we will have to see when it starts, but I interpreted it to mean that if the time that shows up is after 2 pm, you can book it, even if you are not yet there.

However, I agree that for anyone who used to get FP+ for evenings at the park they would hop to and just do standby in mornings, this is a game changer.

Its why we won’t hop the way we once did because of it. An MK day will be morning and night to get as much in as we can. Unless it seems that passes are working in the evenings once it’s up and running.

But it's only the cost of one poolside cocktail per adult and child!

(I totally get you. Unfortunately, Disney's position has increasingly been that money is money, and they'd rather have 6 adults than a family of 6.)

I guess we will have to see when it starts, but I interpreted it to mean that if the time that shows up is after 2 pm, you can book it, even if you are not yet there.

However, I agree that for anyone who used to get FP+ for evenings at the park they would hop to and just do standby in mornings, this is a game changer.

Its why we won’t hop the way we once did because of it. An MK day will be morning and night to get as much in as we can. Unless it seems that passes are working in the evenings once it’s up and running.
I hope you're right and times will show up for afternoon, but it seems there's a great deal of debate regarding next available time vs choosing a time. I've already bought hopper tickets, can those be changed or not?

I hope you're right and times will show up for afternoon, but it seems there's a great deal of debate regarding next available time vs choosing a time. I've already bought hopper tickets, can those be changed or not?

Disney has never given a refund so I would say that it would be tough. Now, you could plead your case that the new system changes your need and might get them to do so.

Now that we have the AP news, maybe we will get more on this!

Disney has never given a refund so I would say that it would be tough. Now, you could plead your case that the new system changes your need and might get them to do so.

Now that we have the AP news, maybe we will get more on this!
Let's hope for this Friday! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter