Genie Service

As much as I have even posted in this thread myself, that may be the best and most thought out post so far. Bravo.

Let’s have the conversation here instead of the AP coming back thread.
Sounds like it might be a good thing. as with any Disney change we'll have to give it time to get the bugs out. A drink at the pool bar is now $15.00 so the price of the fast pass type option is really insignificant. I guess I'm in the give it a chance and see what happens group.

I'm wondering whether the LL is the same line for the Genie + and the ala carte purchases? Will these folks all be in that same old FP+ line? Seems like the individual purchase people should be in their own line. :confused3

I'm wondering whether the LL is the same line for the Genie + and the ala carte purchases? Will these folks all be in that same old FP+ line? Seems like the individual purchase people should be in their own line. :confused3

Since the rides that are IAS won’t be part of GP+, there won’t need to be a different line.

All will use the old FP…the LL.. to enter the ride.

For example, FOP will only have stand by or IAS..no GP+ riders.

Since the rides that are IAS won’t be part of GP+, there won’t need to be a different line.

All will use the old FP…the LL.. to enter the ride.
I guess I'm still confused as to how they can use the same line. Is it because the times will be different? Might they overlap somehow?

I guess I'm still confused as to how they can use the same line. Is it because the times will be different? Might they overlap somehow?

Because the rides with IAS won’t be part of GP+. So there will be no one with GP+ riders.

I added above the example of FOP. Basically, the LL will be used for just IAS.

Because the rides with IAS won’t be part of GP+. So there will be no one with GP+ access.
Oh, okay, it took me a minute to get it through my brain. The GP+ rides will use old FP+ entrances. The IAS rides are going to be for certain rides, not GP+ rides. I got that now. But what about Boarding Groups for the two IAS rides mentioned, ROR and R? Will one say Boarding Groups and the other IAS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like it might be a good thing. as with any Disney change we'll have to give it time to get the bugs out. A drink at the pool bar is now $15.00 so the price of the fast pass type option is really insignificant. I guess I'm in the give it a chance and see what happens group.
Is a drink at the pool bar the what we should use as a measure?? So if we need dental floss and the gift shop only charges $12.50 we should be pleased??

Is a drink at the pool bar the what we should use as a measure?? So if we need dental floss and the gift shop only charges $12.50 we should be pleased??
Yes, and if you are more careful packing your toiletries going forward, you can use that floss money for Genie+.

Problem solved!

Oh, okay, it took me a minute to get it through my brain. The GP+ rides will use old FP+ entrances. The IAS rides are going to be for certain rides, not GP+ rides. I got that now. But what about Boarding Groups for the two IAS rides mentioned, ROR and R? Will one say Boarding Groups and the other IAS?
Does rotr just have the one queue line set up only? I’d imagine if it already has two lines or ability to do two lines, boarding groups could use the normal standby lines and the purchases could use the LL line?

if not maybe the LL purchase just gets you into a boarding group?

Last edited:

Pretty sure the point is that having one less bar drink a day keeps the budget the same for those of us who partake! Lol

Boarding groups are the standby option for those rides. IAS will use the LL.

So, it will be the same,..one will say standby and the other LL. If you have an IAS, you go in the LL. If you have a BG, they check it, and then let you in the stand by lane.

Does rotr just have the one queue line set up only? I’d imagine if it already has two lines or ability to do two lines, boarding groups could use the normal standby lines and the purchases could use the LL line?

if not maybe the LL purchase just gets you into a boarding group?

Yes, they have a shorter entrance. DAS users who have BGs get to do that when it’s there time…as well asVIP, Club 33, etc.

Sounds like it might be a good thing. as with any Disney change we'll have to give it time to get the bugs out. A drink at the pool bar is now $15.00 so the price of the fast pass type option is really insignificant.

We usually travel as a party of 4. Over the course of a week long stay, safe to assume we don't usually buy 28 pool drinks.

I guess I'm in the give it a chance and see what happens group.

Genie+ will be as good or as bad as Disney chooses to make it. They have full control over return times. Disney can allocate enough LL capacity so that return times average 45 minutes after obtaining a pass. Or they can make the return time 3+ hours. Or somewhere in between.

The better Genie+ is, the more subscriptions they will sell. And the worse the experience will be for guests who don't buy G+, relying only on their $120 daily theme park ticket.

Is there any reason to believe that Disney will keep its greed in check and give consideration to the experience of guests who do not buy G+?

We usually travel as a party of 4. Over the course of a week long stay, safe to assume we don't usually buy 28 pool drinks.

Genie+ will be as good or as bad as Disney chooses to make it. They have full control over return times. Disney can allocate enough LL capacity so that return times average 45 minutes after obtaining a pass. Or they can make the return time 3+ hours. Or somewhere in between.

The better Genie+ is, the more subscriptions they will sell. And the worse the experience will be for guests who don't buy G+, relying only on their $120 daily theme park ticket.

Is there any reason to believe that Disney will keep its greed in check and give consideration to the experience of guests who do not buy G+?
Absolutely not.

Keep in mind
Disney can make this appear successful in the beginning to create demand ($$$)…
They are currently playingthe numbers /accounting with theme park hours and operating capacity.
What about the denomination nobody is considering and this is their power to manipulate the castmember schedule and using college program .
Disney has the benefit no matter how you want to play with the rulebook.
What would happen if we all left our cellphones and magicbands home and then entered the theme parks to just stand and do nothing? Would this get their attention?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter