General Codes watch?

Thanks nanatink...can't wait till tomorrow!

Nanatink...Thanks again for calling....I would have too but I try not to "bug" them if someone else had already called. Thanks for keeping us DISers up to date. Have a magical day! :flower:

I'm sorry, but, this is ridiculous .. I already have my room ,but,I am also looking out for codes for some friends who I planned to go with in May. If they can't get a discount of even $10 off her husband says they are not staying onsite and if they don't stay onsite they are just doing the MK and AK. Instead of a 5 day ticket,they are just getting 2 days and doing Universal and Sea world the rest of the week. If they are doing that, I would have to stay by myself onsite, since, DH cannot take those days off. So, I would probably not go. :sad: Here is why they won't pay rack rate, a close friend of theirs got an email and they could get a room at a moderate for $79 !!!! and they are not even going!!!! This so call "marketing" tool Disney is using is definately forgeting about the people that do plan to visit this year :sad2: My friends were willing to pay rack rate before they heard about the e-mail rate :guilty: I hope these codes come out soon !! :confused3

bridgettesmom said:
I'm sorry, but, this is ridiculous .. I already have my room ,but,I am also looking out for codes for some friends who I planned to go with in May. If they can't get a discount of even $10 off her husband says they are not staying onsite and if they don't stay onsite they are just doing the MK and AK. Instead of a 5 day ticket,they are just getting 2 days and doing Universal and Sea world the rest of the week. If they are doing that, I would have to stay by myself onsite, since, DH cannot take those days off. So, I would probably not go. :sad: Here is why they won't pay rack rate, a close friend of theirs got an email and they could get a room at a moderate for $79 !!!! and they are not even going!!!! This so call "marketing" tool Disney is using is definately forgeting about the people that do plan to visit this year :sad2: My friends were willing to pay rack rate before they heard about the e-mail rate :guilty: I hope these codes come out soon !! :confused3

I can see why your friend's DH is irritated about the e-mail codes. I didn't get one either so I'm paying more for POP than some others are paying for a moderate. The AP & Florida resident rates don't bother me and I'm thrilled for those that got them because I know I don't qualify. But every time I read another post about someone getting an e-mail with a PIN I want to cry!!!! Good luck and hope it works out for all of you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but $79 for moderate is unheard of in my book. ($94 is the least I've heard of and that was in 2002).. Maybe they got some bogus info??

jmclester said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but $79 for moderate is unheard of in my book. ($94 is the least I've heard of and that was in 2002).. Maybe they got some bogus info??

Lots of people have reported getting a moderate this summer for $79 before tax, $88 with tax, with an e-mail code.

jmclester said:

I was suppose to go May 28-June 4 and was getting POR for 79.00 a night. I got it off of an email offer. We are not going now because we decided to go for Christmas and heaven knows even with a good rate like that I can't afford to go 2 times, but it sure would have been nice.

jmclester said:

We stayed at CBR for $79 a night in 2002 ( it was our first trip and we didn't realize how lucky we were to get a code) and we are staying at POFQ this May for $79 a night- I called and asked about any specials or codes linked to our name and the CM offered me this rate :Pinkbounc So yep that is a real rate for a moderate :wizard:

Wow, I'm truly humbled. Can we all get together and make a wish on the Mouse that these codes will soon come out of hiding?? :wizard:

I just wish we had an answer, even if it's 'no'. How long do we wait before giving up? I don't want to be sitting on the edge of my seat like this until we leave for our trip on May 20!

Liz said:
I can see why your friend's DH is irritated about the e-mail codes. I didn't get one either so I'm paying more for POP than some others are paying for a moderate. The AP & Florida resident rates don't bother me and I'm thrilled for those that got them because I know I don't qualify. But every time I read another post about someone getting an e-mail with a PIN I want to cry!!!! Good luck and hope it works out for all of you.

I agree with you. I'm irritated too. I know it doesn't do us any good to begrudge others for their good fortune, but still, I'm jealous. I totally understand the AP rates, but I don't understand why they reward FL residents with discounts when those people can go without airfare resulting in a cheaper trip anyway. And the email rates don't make any sense to me at all. I haven't been to Disney in 4 years - you'd think they'd send me something to get me back there.

If the rack rates are so ridiculously high that most people can't/won't pay them, and dicount rates are such a bargain that they clog up phone lines and sell out like a Rolling Stones concert, then why doesn't Disney just find a rate in the middle that will be profitable for them and keep the rooms full?

We Stayed at PORFQ in Feb for 89.00 a night with a code. Wish I had gotten the 79.00 a night!

OOps I looked back at my receipt and I did pay 79.00 a night! I forgot I applied a code that was better! See it is possible.

I agree with you. I'm irritated too. I know it doesn't do us any good to begrudge others for their good fortune, but still, I'm jealous. I totally understand the AP rates, but I don't understand why they reward FL residents with discounts when those people can go without airfare resulting in a cheaper trip anyway. And the email rates don't make any sense to me at all. I haven't been to Disney in 4 years - you'd think they'd send me something to get me back there.

If the rack rates are so ridiculously high that most people can't/won't pay them, and dicount rates are such a bargain that they clog up phone lines and sell out like a Rolling Stones concert, then why doesn't Disney just find a rate in the middle that will be profitable for them and keep the rooms full?

BostonRob, I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!! I 100% agree with you. Either give out codes to the general public or do not give them at all. This email/postcard thing is driving me crazy...

I agree with all of you, this is so frustrating!! I understand that Disney has to make money, but come on, this is nuts! The thing I have the most problem with is that for $99 a night onsite I'm staying at basically an upgraded motel 6. For $99 offsite I can stay at a much nicer hotel, heck, I could even get a suite for that price!
I would love to stay at the Poly or the YC/BC, but there's no way I can get my DH to put up the money for what he'd consider an okay hotel anywhere else. :( He thinks that for $300 a night, we should be staying in a 4 star hotel, no matter how much magic they offer! (Clearly I'm the Disney nut! :) )
The only reason we're staying onsite this time is because we're taking my little cousins for their first time at Disney. I've already decided next year to rent a vacation home if we go, I can't take the waiting for the codes thing again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter