Gastric Bypass anyone?

Gretel

I like being ME
Has anyone had this surgery and if so did you have complications? Have you had trouble with the life style changes?

Welcome to WISH, <b>Gretel</b>. I'm so glad you found us. I hope you can visit often.

We have a few members who have had that procedure. I hope they see this and offer advice.

Katholyn

I have two friends who have had gastric bypass. One has reached her goal weight, looks fabulous and is doing great. The other, has lost a lot of weight and can now walk without her canes bacause the weight loss has taken so much stress off her joints. They are both thrilled with their results. It takes a special type of comittment to make this life long change. I know it is not for me, but I admire their courage and will in following through with their decision. It hasn't been easy, but they have done well.

I have a friend who is going through this now, and a fellow my DH works with had this procedure. DH's coworker has found success and it is lasting as he had his procedure a couple/few years ago. My friend had surgery earlier this year. She is a little disappointed in that the pounds are not falling off as fast as in other who has had similar surgery. She is looking great. I think she is still not feeling the best just yet.

In order to get to the surgery for each, much had to be done in order to qualify. It is not a procedure to be taken lightly. It is major surgery. There is also a bad side to this as the mortality rate is something to consider. It scares me.

Good luck in your research. Keep trying whatever it is you need to become and stay healthier. Come here as the group is a great wealth of knowledge and support.

There was actually JUST a special on gastric bypass on Dateline last week. I can get you a copy on tape if you'd like to see it.

It showed the struggle of 2 teens with the surgery, they interviewed Al Roker, and a woman who lost her husband because of complications.

It didn't say that the surgery was bad, it just tried to make people aware that you need to KNOW that there are risks, and that this procedure is not the "magic pill" everyone thinks it is. (I put that in quotes, because that's what one of the girls they interviewed said.

If you want to a copy, just PM or E-Mail me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter