Disney Scene It
Disney Trivia
Disney Hedbanz
LOL Notice a pattern ;)

UNO
Apples to Apples
Bananna Grams
I've never played it either but 10 year old put on his Christmas List

I second Catchphrase and Outburst! I'm not sure how many people you have but we played Bunco with DHs family one year when the entire family (out of towners) was together. We had a blast and the winning team got cute mugs with hot cocoa packets in it. We've done bingo in the past also.

I hear this a lot, but I've never heard a good description of why it's so great. Care to give it a shot?

OP, only thing I can mention that hasn't been covered already, is a LEGO game called Creationary- like pictionary, but you build something..and it's not as hard as it sounds like it would be.

I second Creationary. We played this at Thanksgiving 2011 and it was a hit. My sister even asked that we bring it this year and she usually doesn't like games! We enjoyed it this year as well.

Balderdash is our favorite with a group. You don't need the game just a dictionary and the rules.

Going to fourth Catchphrase. So much fun, and it only gets better the more people you add.
My family didn't really enjoy Would You Rather, but your mileage may vary.
Pit is fun to play depending on how many people you have. It's an older game and it may be hard to find, but a good one. Just don't let young kids near the bell!
Buzzword is fun, if you have a small enough group. And Apples to Apples always seems to be a hit!

Imaginiff, The Game of Things, Mad Gab, Quelf, and Telestrations. My family loves game nights and these are some of the newer group ones we like.

Apples to Apples is always the biggest hit in our large group get togethers. Very easy to play as well so it doesn't take long to teach everyone or explain the rules.:thumbsup2

I got Reverse Charades for my daughter last year. We played it over Thanksgiving with the in-laws and had a lot of laughs. It might be another one to look into.

P.S. Thanks for starting this thread..lots of good ideas in here :thumbsup2

My sisters and I LOVE playing games!

Our favorites over the years have been (and still are):

Catchphrase (always a hit)
Mad Gab (hysterical!!)
Apples to Apples

For a smaller group, Bananagrams is great fun (fast-paced Scrabble game).

Flux card games are great and there are many different versions (Flux, Zombie Flux, Wizard of Oz Flux, Space Flux, etc.) I think they are for a max of 6 players though but you could have several games going on at once (whcih is what we've done). The Game of Things is also a blast, as is Quelf.

We love to play several that I saw posted. I bought a new one that we played over Thanksgiving.

Dixit

It was a lot of fun. It's a lot like Apples to Apples except using pictures and you create the clue word. Very fun!

Catch phrase
Apples to Apples

Just adding to the vote tallies. Either one work with lots of people & get sillier as the night goes on.

I went out and bought Left Right Center last night after reading about it here. Can't wait to try it out with my boys this Christmas!

hey Pinkgirlygirl ; ) nice to see you again lol

We like Phase 10, What's yours like? ( that is a bit difficult to play ), we also like Balderdash, Catch Phrase, and Scattergories.

We love to play several that I saw posted. I bought a new one that we played over Thanksgiving.

Dixit

It was a lot of fun. It's a lot like Apples to Apples except using pictures and you create the clue word. Very fun!

I was going to recommend Dixit as well, great for a wide age range since there are no facts, trivia, math involved. I believe they played it on Table Top linked previously also if you want to look it up to see how it's played.

Cranium is always the bit hig at our house. They currently also have a Disney Cranium version if most of your family are Disney lovers. I think DD(6) probably isn't quite old enough to really get into the regular cranium, but she loves playing the Disney version with the rest of the family.

hey Pinkgirlygirl ; ) nice to see you again lol

We like Phase 10, What's yours like? ( that is a bit difficult to play ), we also like Balderdash, Catch Phrase, and Scattergories.

Hey!! You gave me a jolt from the past! I haven't heard that name in a while! Good to see you again! Hope all is well! :hug:

I love to play Phase 10! Unfortunately, my sons never want to play with me, lol.

Catch Phrase is probably my favorite game of them all, followed closely by Mad Gab. I'm always in hysterics over that game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter