Game Help Needed

Soulsearching

DIS Veteran
Every Christmas Eve, my family and extended family love to play a game after dinner and gifts.

We are a large family ranging in ages 8 to 75.

In the past we were able to play Scattegories, Taboo, Trivial Pursuit, Family Feud, and Battle of the Sexes.

Just wondering if there is a NEW or OLD game out there that someone could recommend that they are enjoying with their family.

Thanks!:goodvibes

Zombie Dice is wonderful - odd, but wonderful. Everyone I know who has played has gone off and tried to buy it - unfortunately, its tried - it can be difficult to find.

I know a lot of games that are in the 2-4 or 2-6 player range. Pandemic is EXCELLENT - difficult however (its a cooperative game, either the game wins or everyone wins - and the game wins a lot) and more for young teens and adults. Fluxx is good. Transamerica is a very good game and can be played young (my kids started that at six).

One of my favorites is Arabian Nights - its a choose your own adventure board game - but it isn't really a "casual" game and its an expensive one.

Wits and Wagers Family Edition might be what you are looking for - I haven't played it. You can see it being played here: http://tabletop.geekandsundry.com/e...d-jimmy-wong-join-wil-on-tabletop-episode-13/ Many of these games are on this show - Arabian Nights and Transamerica they haven't done.

ETA: My family likes Mexican Train - which is a domino game.

Catchphrase is my fave party game, you buy a small round buzzer thingy, very few rules,easy to play and quick! it costs about 15.00

loves Farkle (kinda like Yatzee but better..) Pictionary would be fun too, and Apples to Apples is always a hit and easy to play with a lot of people.

We love Apples to Apples.
I just bought a game for family game night, its called "Would You Rather", looks fun.
Some others we like
Yahtzee
Headbandz
Last Word
Life
5 second rule

We visited family (with the youngest being 10) over Thanksgiving and played several board games. Everyone's favorite was Wits and Wagers. It was really fun and you can actually learn something. The only problem I would see is that there are only 4 boards, so you would have to make teams.

We also played Apples to Apples. It was fun, but wasn't my favorite.

We tried playing Would You Rather and none of us cared for it.

I'm interested in the answers here. My extended family plays these type of board games all the time and I'd like to pick up a new one for them for Christmas.

These are definitely be silly, do goofy things games but my extended family enjoys Cranium and Flapdoodle. We always have teams and play Cranium at the beach. It's good to have a wide range of ages in that game because there are different types of the questions that sometimes only the older or younger players really know well.

Flapdoodle has cards that make you do things like have your big toes hold a conversation until the timer runs out. It's mostly things you have to do that make other people laugh. It works for our family but some may not like being so goofy in front of others. :laughing: It is completely ridiculous but we always laugh so hard!

We have the Would You Rather game and the kids enjoy that too.

What about Left Right Center? We play at our staff xmas party every year and have a blast!

Pokeno is a fun game. We played during a family vacation with ages ranging from 4 years to 62 years.

Yachtee
Jenga (so much fun for all ages , my kids love it)
Uno

There are quite a few types of Monopoly. My son has collected many kinds, like StarWars, Nascar,College,Anniversay Edition, etc. My daughter has Pet Shop one. I don't care for the Simpsons but there is one of that too.

Oh and BINGO is everyone's favorite. Sometimes we'll have a bowl of candy for the winner to pick from. Not always a prize but still always fun.

Pokeno, is like bingo but with playing cards. We have an extremely old set from Grandma so not sure where to find it today.

Soulsearching said:
Every Christmas Eve, my family and extended family love to play a game after dinner and gifts.

We are a large family ranging in ages 8 to 75.

In the past we were able to play Scattegories, Taboo, Trivial Pursuit, Family Feud, and Battle of the Sexes.

Just wondering if there is a NEW or OLD game out there that someone could recommend that they are enjoying with their family.

Thanks!:goodvibes

I like Yatzhee, Monopoly, and Cranium WOW.

Cranium WOW is a team game, with an unlimited amount of players. It's very fun and engaging.

Settlers of Catan.

I hear this a lot, but I've never heard a good description of why it's so great. Care to give it a shot?

OP, only thing I can mention that hasn't been covered already, is a LEGO game called Creationary- like pictionary, but you build something..and it's not as hard as it sounds like it would be.

We LOVE Apples to Apples at our family get togethers! We also play a lot of Pictionary and Mexican Train (with dominoes).

We like BINGO. I buy a bunch of $1 scratch off's for prizes.

We also like Outburst! when there is a crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!