Fun Conversations- White Card Members Only

This is categorically false.

Both the Deluxe Studios and Resort Studios have two seating / sleeping surfaces facing the TV and one next to / under the TV.
If by this you mean.......
Deluxe studio
Facing the TV - Main bed and a couch (which can become a bed for 2)
Under the TV - small twin murphy bed for 1

Resort studio
Facing the TV - 2 fix beds
Under the TV - couch (which can become a bed for 1)

If just 2 guests are in the room, who plan on sharing 1 bed, those are not equivalent for me. Having a couch option facing the TV (deluxe studio), versus sitting second fixed bed facing the TV and couch (resort studio) are not equivalent. Now..... If I have older kids sharing a bed, or a second couple, having 2 fixed beds (resort studio) is actually a better option even with the couch under the TV oddity. TBH we don't spend a lot of time in the resort watching TV, so it isn't a deal breaker, it is just odd. I've watched a lot of HGTV. Can't think of too many times I've seen a couch under a TV. If I have, it is the pre-makeover part and the designers usually comment on the poor room design.......

This is categorically false.

Both the Deluxe Studios and Resort Studios have two seating / sleeping surfaces facing the TV and one next to / under the TV.
Ok that makes a little more sense. Is it the opposite then? White card can book deluxe but not resort because resort is new?

Ok that makes a little more sense. Is it the opposite then? White card can book deluxe but not resort because resort is new?
No, this is false too. The only booking restrictions involve entire resorts. Riviera resale points cannot be used to book the original 14 resorts and resale points at those original 14 cannot book Riviera. There are no rules anywhere in the system which limit booking of certain types of villas but not others.

To more directly answer your question, any point eligible to book Grand Floridian--which is currently all points except Riviera resale--have equal access to all villa types including Resort Studio, Deluxe Studio, Grand Villa, etc. There are no villa-by-villa restrictions whatsoever.

If by this you mean.......
Deluxe studio
Facing the TV - Main bed and a couch (which can become a bed for 2)
Under the TV - small twin murphy bed for 1

Resort studio
Facing the TV - 2 fix beds
Under the TV - couch (which can become a bed for 1)
Correct. Although it would be more accurate to say that the Resort Studio sofa is next to the TV, not under it. The TV can be rotated to be visible from the sofa. In the Deluxe Studio, there is really no way to see the TV from the twin.

This is the same room layout they currently use in other Disney Deluxe hotels. We've stayed in a virtually identical room at Disneyland Hotel and it accommodated our group just fine. I don't recall ever selecting a hotel room--even for an extended stay--on the basis of where the sofa was located.

Old Key West and Vero Inn rooms only have the two queen beds, so it's not an entirely unique setup. Fortunately VGF has both types available. I'm hard pressed to believe that anyone's trip would be ruined if they were forced to accept a Resort Studio rather than a Deluxe Studio. But that's a decision that can be made at the time of booking. The Resort Studios have their own benefits (larger, closer to main building, connecting rooms, theme park view, etc.) Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

So white card can only book resort studios not deluxe studios, even though the resort studios are the new ones?
Did you maybe drink from the bottle labeled New VGF Studios? Fooled Alice, too, so you're not alone.

Because the resort studios are just gussied up hotel rooms in one of the original GF outer lodges. They're actually older than the deluxe studios.

They slapped on some paint and Mary Poppins artwork, installed new bath faucets, and rigged up those marvelous "beverage stations."

DVD wanted you guys to think they are new.

They warned me that staying in the resort studio could turn our blue card white! :oops: I thought I'd better alert other blue and blue&white owners allowed to hang out here to beware.

Last edited:
No, this is false too. The only booking restrictions involve entire resorts. Riviera resale points cannot be used to book the original 14 resorts and resale points at those original 14 cannot book Riviera. There are no rules anywhere in the system which limit booking of certain types of villas but not others.

To more directly answer your question, any point eligible to book Grand Floridian--which is currently all points except Riviera resale--have equal access to all villa types including Resort Studio, Deluxe Studio, Grand Villa, etc. There are no villa-by-villa restrictions whatsoever.
Thank you for the clarification that's good info. So the same would apply to the new poly tower as well then correct?

Did you maybe drink from the bottle labeled New VGF Studios? Fooled Alice, too, so you're not alone.

Because the resort studios are just gussied up hotel rooms in one of the original GF outer lodges. They're actually older than the deluxe studios.

They slapped on some paint and Mary Poppins artwork, installed new bath faucets, and rigged up those marvelous "beverage stations."

DVD wanted you guys to think they are new.

They warned me that staying in the resort studio could turn our blue card white! :oops: I thought I'd better alert other blue and blue&white owners allowed to hang out here to beware.
Yeah, maybe I should just be quiet when it comes to actual information and stay in my lane making dumb jokes and stupid memes!!

Your conversation with MS is still very odd. Like they're trying to talk you out of their "new" fancy rooms that they're heavily promoting. The whole thing just makes my head hurt. I need to head up to totwl for a drink.... Oh yeah, right, I forgot. I guess it's bud light and bocce ball for me.

Speaking of.... Hey hilltopper, you never mentioned they had bocce ball! This changes everything! We don't need no stinking lounge, we got bocce ball!!

Yeah, maybe I should just be quiet when it comes to actual information and stay in my lane making dumb jokes and stupid memes!!
:cool1:
Your conversation with MS is still very odd. Like they're trying to talk you out of their "new" fancy rooms that they're heavily promoting.
Naw, the CM assured me the warning was another blue card benefit sort of. DVD takes care of "their own" was how it was put.

I think I've got a bottle of "Yeah, Any Owner Can Stay There. Really!" Probably should set out a few of those over here on the shelf next to you guys' vanilla milkshake mixer. :-)

Your conversation with MS is still very odd. Like they're trying to talk you out of their "new" fancy rooms that they're heavily promoting. The whole thing just makes my head hurt. I need to head up to totwl for a drink.... Oh yeah, right, I forgot. I guess it's bud light and bocce ball for me.

Speaking of.... Hey hilltopper, you never mentioned they had bocce ball! This changes everything! We don't need no stinking lounge, we got bocce ball!!
You know I played once at FW and archery! That was fun! Did not know BLT had that too. Connect four and ping pong are our favorite though. That allows my wife and I to get some competitive energy out. You may beat me in bocce ball...

You know I played once at FW and archery! That was fun! Did not know BLT had that too. Connect four and ping pong are our favorite though. That allows my wife and I to get some competitive energy out. You may beat me in bocce ball...
I don't even know what bocce ball is I just saw it looking at the amenities on Disney website 🤣

Do they have Cornhole?

I thought we were taking out the trash every day now. Doorhanger or no doorhanger.

My God! Could somebody just do their job! Please!

I don't even know what bocce ball is I just saw it looking at the amenities on Disney website 🤣

Do they have Cornhole?
Bocce ball you have seen. It's more GF style ha. They do have Cornhole. At least they did last time and as a proud Kentuckian I consider myself good at that.

I’m new to this. What’s white card?

People who bought DVC directly from Disney, or held DVC points of any kind purchased before June 3, 2021, get "Membership Extras" and have a blue ID card (as far as I know). The rest of us have a White DVC ID card. I like to be known as a White Card Hobo.

Not sure if the BLT Top Of The World Lounge will be available to us White Card Hobos once it reopens. Glad I got to do it once.

People who bought DVC directly from Disney, or held DVC points of any kind purchased before June 3, 2021, get "Membership Extras" and have a blue ID card (as far as I know). The rest of us have a White DVC ID card. I like to be known as a White Card Hobo.
That date is the date they required 150 points.

The following dates may not be exact (somebody feel free to correct me and I will adjust them), but it went something like this:
  • 4/4/2016: 25 direct points required
  • 2/25/2018: 75
  • 9/17/2019: 100
  • 10/19/2020: 125
  • 6/3/2021: 150

Hey listen up you people with the white cards...I know this is a separate thread for your lot and all, but it keeps brushing up against the threads with the decent, Disney-fearing blue card folks in them. I wonder if you could get it moved to a whole separate forum?

I wonder if you could get it moved to a whole separate forum?
Except it's DVC specific, the Community Board would actually be the category.

Hilltopper's call, but I'm thinking adding to the title something like (The DVC Onion) would warn off serious questions/posts.

That date is the date they required 150 points.

The following dates may not be exact (somebody feel free to correct me and I will adjust them), but it went something like this:
  • 4/4/2016: 25 direct points required
  • 2/25/2018: 75
  • 9/17/2019: 100
  • 10/19/2020: 125
  • 6/3/2021: 150
• 7/7/2022: first born child

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter