• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fun Conversations- White Card Members Only

Great scene haha we need to keep this in this group or we will annoy the other groups and normal people seeking info. I feel like a bunch of teenagers laughing in the back of the classroom in the other threads.
Yeah but where's the fun in that?

People need to lighten up. For all our complaining no one can accuse us of taking anything too seriously. I mean can you even think of a more 1st world problem? My luxury timeshare condo won't let me into the rooftop lounge! It's pretty hysterical on it's face. The whole thing is just so ridiculous.

As far as the member lounge in Epcot. Just show up holding a cardboard sign that reads “lowly white card member hoping to be your guest in the lounge” near the entrance. Someone will sponsor your visit as a guest. Do it later in the day when you are dirty and sweaty, that always helps. They may make you sit on the floor in the kids area, but you can see how the other half live.

I just spoke with Bob (you may know him as Mr. Chapek). He said that the walking path from BLT to the MK will soon be blue card only!
Foreal... This would hurt so bad. I would be so pissed. Good news contemporary probably be pissed and protect us.

Bought blue card first but only because we had no idea the pure in heart buy white cards.

Ummmm...wait a sec. What did I just admit to? :poop:

Geez, you guys are merciless. I've been on the thread for over a whole half hour.

When do I get forgiven?

We saw the light and now own 75 more white card points than those evil ones. Mea culpa, fer the Mouse's sakes!
Nah, you're cool! You seem to see the light now. You don't even need to be deprogrammed! Nothing to be forgiven if you haven't admonished us for complaining or lectured us simple rubes about getting what we bargained for and twisted yourself into a pretzel defending the Mouse's naked greed.

Nah, you're cool! You seem to see the light now. You don't even need to be deprogrammed!
Whew! What a relief! Thanks for the reassurance.

Just learned something scary when we couldn't get online booking to add a couple resort studio nights to our next trip and had to call MS.

They asked were we certain we wanted a resort studio. Having blue card points, we "qualify" for the deluxe studio.

I asked what on earth was meant by that. We understood either to be available to members, even those owning at other resorts.

That's why there's no real kitchenette in the resort studios, and guests can't request a toaster or Mr. Coffee, but point cost is the same as deluxe, they said. The resort studios are for white card owners! It's Keurig coffees with granola bars for them.

Explains it all, doesn't it?

Whew! What a relief! Thanks for the reassurance.

Just learned something scary when we couldn't get online booking to add a couple resort studio nights to our next trip and had to call MS.

They asked were we certain we wanted a resort studio. Having blue card points, we "qualify" for the deluxe studio.

I asked what on earth was meant by that. We understood either to be available to members, even those owning at other resorts.

That's why there's no real kitchenette in the resort studios, and guests can't request a toaster or Mr. Coffee, but point cost is the same as deluxe, they said. The resort studios are for white card owners! It's Keurig coffees with granola bars for them.

Explains it all, doesn't it?
I'm honestly a little confused. White card members can stay at resort studios but not deluxe? The resort studios are the new ones right? Presumably a little nicer and I think a little larger but instead of "kitchenette" (mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker) they get a "beverage station" (Keurig and beverage cooler, whatever that is!) Did they refurb the deluxe studios too? I'm sorry, I'm feeling a little confused. Please be patient with me I'm just a simple humble white card peasant!

But yeah, their priorities are crystal clear.

I’m new to this. What’s white card?
Those buying DVC resale contracts got a white physical card. Direct buyers got a blue one.

That's been changed to digital cards, with blue designated as DVC Y when the digital card is shown.

The difference is that blue card members get discounts, certain admissions, etc.--perks that white carders don't.

I'm honestly a little confused. White card members can stay at resort studios but not deluxe? The resort studios are the new ones right? Presumably a little nicer and I think a little larger but instead of "kitchenette" (mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker) they get a "beverage station" (Keurig and beverage cooler, whatever that is!) Did they refurb the deluxe studios too?
Yup, pretty much, except the resort studio sofa faces the wall opposite the tv. Y'all can sit on the sofa and watch wall, the implication being you won't know the difference. ("Hey, honey! The picture on this tv is lousy. Why'd we buy into this DVC thing again?")

I think the idea is for you to go online and read up on all the benefits you're missing by having a white card.

I'm honestly a little confused. White card members can stay at resort studios but not deluxe?
This is categorically false.

Yup, pretty much, except the resort studio sofa faces the wall opposite the tv. Y'all can sit on the sofa and watch wall, the implication being you won't know the difference. ("Hey, honey! The picture on this tv is lousy. Why'd we buy into this DVC thing again?")
Both the Deluxe Studios and Resort Studios have two seating / sleeping surfaces facing the TV and one next to / under the TV.

I think the idea is for you to go online and read up on all the benefits you're missing by having a white card.
So white card can only book resort studios not deluxe studios, even though the resort studios are the new ones?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter