Full refund Canadian Ticket

Is there anyone else successfully got a refund on the WDW Canadian discounted tickets? I really don’t think I will travel to US in 2021 and my date-based will expire on September 26, 2021. I know I get to use the value of the tickets to purchase new tickets later, but I am worried that I will have to do that in person and won’t be able to book park reservation or FP+ ahead of time. TIA!
I sure as heck hope they extend them or give refunds if people want. When they initially extended them they probably thought, like we all did, that we'd get there late in 2020 or 2021 for sure... and here we are.

I'd be fine if we had to pay to upgrade as long as we could book in advance. Well, not really fine, but it's the lesser of two evils I guess if they don't give refunds or extend.

Is there anyone else successfully got a refund on the WDW Canadian discounted tickets? I really don’t think I will travel to US in 2021 and my date-based will expire on September 26, 2021. I know I get to use the value of the tickets to purchase new tickets later, but I am worried that I will have to do that in person and won’t be able to book park reservation or FP+ ahead of time. TIA!

I called about 2 weeks ago to request a refund and got one with no problems. I had been holding out hope for a trip later this year but my work will be starting a reduced work week due to the COVID slowdown in business so I’ve been looking at all areas to reduce my budget. Releasing the cash tied up in almost $1K worth of tickets for the family makes sense. I also think that when things reopen it will be a long time before it’s an easy or comfortable experience as the SoCal locals will all be so desperate to go it will be crazy to get tickets and reservations for days you want to go. And once they do announce reopening, the willingness to refund may stop.

The person I spoke to did caution that once they do get ready to reopen they don’t know what ticketing will look like and how limited or restricted things may be, so holding on to tickets you already have would be much better if you plan to return. I said I understood that but my personal situation has changed so I would prefer to have the refund which she agreed to and did right away.

So if you want a refund just call and ask for it.

I called about 2 weeks ago to request a refund and got one with no problems. I had been holding out hope for a trip later this year but my work will be starting a reduced work week due to the COVID slowdown in business so I’ve been looking at all areas to reduce my budget. Releasing the cash tied up in almost $1K worth of tickets for the family makes sense. I also think that when things reopen it will be a long time before it’s an easy or comfortable experience as the SoCal locals will all be so desperate to go it will be crazy to get tickets and reservations for days you want to go. And once they do announce reopening, the willingness to refund may stop.

The person I spoke to did caution that once they do get ready to reopen they don’t know what ticketing will look like and how limited or restricted things may be, so holding on to tickets you already have would be much better if you plan to return. I said I understood that but my personal situation has changed so I would prefer to have the refund which she agreed to and did right away.

So if you want a refund just call and ask for it.
I actually hope that they would further extend my tickets. If they won’t extend it beyond September 26, 2021, I would request a refund unless I can buy new tickets online with the value of my existing tickets. I agree that it’s better to keep the tickets.

We called this past week and recieved a full refund on 13 , 9 day tickets. ALOT of money tied up waiting to see what happens with this crazy world.
A note though, my sister called and was refunded immediately, my mom called and was told no refunds, I called and was cautioned about cancelling and was told that it could take some time before it's returned on my card. So, it entirely depends on who you get on the line. If you don't get the answer you are looking for, call back. We eventually got all tickets refunded and back on our credit cards within a day. Over $5000 in tickets was refunded to us. It makes me sad that we had to cancel but there is no way of knowing when or if we will travel in 2021. Perhaps we will spend time in our own country this year! If we are even allowed to do that remains to be seen!

We have the Canadian tickets that were extended to Sept 2021, but I doubt we’ll be allowed. International travel this summer considering the govt just shut down the 2021 Alaska cruise season here in Vancouver.
So I’m hoping they extend tickets once again to Sept 2022. I’m pretty sure there will be no international travel this summer. Even if we manage to get vaccine by July or August.

A friend of mine had DL CDN res tickets and finally called yesterday to get a refund as she know it won't happen for them this year (it would bw their first trip). She said it was no problem getting a refund.

I sure as heck hope they extend them or give refunds if people want. When they initially extended them they probably thought, like we all did, that we'd get there late in 2020 or 2021 for sure... and here we are.

I'd be fine if we had to pay to upgrade as long as we could book in advance. Well, not really fine, but it's the lesser of two evils I guess if they don't give refunds or extend.
I've heard that some of the airlines are extending the refund possibilities seemingly almost indefinitely...

PS: The airlines in hard times won't want to drive away their customers, to say the least.....

Hi there @person , please introduce yourself to the rest of us. We are a tight knit group here on DIS Canadian Threads and are always happy to have new posters.
Hi; I've been on and off here for years; (Hi, fellow Canuck...)

Seems like the restrictions for the virus are loosening a bit in ON...

Was holding out hope of being able to use my tickets ... not so optimistic anymore. Does anyone know how Disney handles refunds if the original CC used is no longer active?

I know I wont lose the “credit” amount of the tickets if I keep them on file - but hate that Disney has had my money for so long. ;)

I purchased our Canadian Resident tickets February 2020 with hopes to use them in April or October 2020 and chose to HOLD THEM AT THE GATE by the recommendationof the agent I spoke with. I recently contacted Disney to find what my options are and have learned that they cannot transfer the tickets to my online account or mail them to me. So if borders open up and Disney allows out of country guests, the only way I can get reservations is to show up at the gate, have the tickets issued then and then attempt to get the reservations once I'm there in California. They will give a full refund now (with a loss on exchange) but if I turn around and try to repurchase my 4 day park hoppers without the Canadian resident discount it will cost so much more. Feeling really disappointed.

I purchased our Canadian Resident tickets February 2020 with hopes to use them in April or October 2020 and chose to HOLD THEM AT THE GATE by the recommendationof the agent I spoke with. I recently contacted Disney to find what my options are and have learned that they cannot transfer the tickets to my online account or mail them to me. So if borders open up and Disney allows out of country guests, the only way I can get reservations is to show up at the gate, have the tickets issued then and then attempt to get the reservations once I'm there in California. They will give a full refund now (with a loss on exchange) but if I turn around and try to repurchase my 4 day park hoppers without the Canadian resident discount it will cost so much more. Feeling really disappointed.
That is frustrating. I wonder why they can't link or mail them? Did you try calling back and speaking to a different CM? Sometimes it depends who you get on the phone as to what can be done for you.

Finally made the dreadful call to WDW to cancel my Canadian discounted tickets for the Dec 2020 Christmas trip. I thought about getting the flex date tickets at the time, but the trip was from Dec 19-29, so I got the date specific tickets and had to deal with this Sep 26, 2021 expiry date issue.

I called the 1-800 Special Event Tickets line. It was picked up very soon. However, I was transferred to Ticket Services and that was a 2.5 hours hold. The TS CM told me how the ticket value could be used to purchase new tickets in the future and it’s the standard policy that sold tickets are not refundable. I told her I understood the policy and how I would love to keep the tickets if I would not have to call to apply the credits. I told her I had been on hold for 2.5 hours and it’s hard to go through it again to buy the new tickets by phone. Then she told me I could call at 7 am or around 11 pm with less wait time. I told her that I had to work and the thought of calling at those times and still be on hold was stressing me out already. I mentioned that I knew of some people who were able to get their tickets refunded, and hope she could kindly give me an exception. She put me on hold to get advice from her superior and later told me she got the authorization to refund my tickets. I was so happy and gave her my confirmation and credit card info. While she was processing the refund, the line got disconnected. It meant I had to go through the same dreadful process again!! I was using my cell phone and I was pretty sure that it shouldn’t cost me anything to call an 1-800 number over the weekend, but I was worried. So I researched and downloaded the Text Me App. It worked and I called the non 1-800 number this time. The call got picked up sooner than before and I told the CM the situation. Then while I was on hold for her to live chat with Ticket Service, the call got disconnected again. At this point, I decided to wait till around 11 pm to call. However, a short while later, the phone rang and it was a TS CM. She confirmed which tickets I wanted to refund (I am keeping the Memory Maker I purchased with the tickets) and my CC l card info and it was done within 15 min. I thanked her and the other CMs for helping me and told her it was such a relief to resolve the ticket issue.

I really appreciate the WDW CMs. They were all so professional, courteous, helpful and understanding. I think with Florida opening up and WDW slowly getting back to its normal operations, they are more reluctant to refund these tickets. I hope to go back to WDW soon. I love the Disney bubble and all the wonderful CMs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter