Full refund Canadian Ticket

The answer to that question requires more information. Who did you purchase the ticket from?

The answer to that question requires more information. Who did you purchase the ticket from?
Directly from Disney. To be used this august. Even if the park is open i dont know that they will allow non resort guests.

Only purchased the tickets. No room

I would wait a little longer until the Canadian government announces their intentions for the border. If the border remains closed your chances may be higher.

On the other hand calling right now when they are in surge of cases in Florida may be a better option. Because you purchased direct from Disney your chances are better than others. It is really a day by day thing. So much is changing weekly and it can vary CM to CM. If you can make a strong case for why you need the refund your chances may be better. On the plus side others have reported getting their money refunded when they purchased direct from Disney. You are going to have to call. If you don't like the answer wait a week and call again.

The one issue you may have is that they have extended the expiry date to Sept 2021 so they might give you some grief over that. Any chance you're thinking about a trip next year?

Keep in mind your tickets will not lose their value. You will be able to apply their value to a future ticket purchase. If Disney is unwilling to refund your money see if they will leave the $ as a credit on your account so that down the road when you do return you will be able to purchase tickets in advance and make FP+ selections (assuming those come back to being a thing). I haven't heard of anyone trying this yet but it may be something they would be willing to consider.

Sorry it's not a definitive answer but there just aren't any these days.

Tx a ton for your thorough reply Ottawamom. Im a fellow Ottawain myself :)

Initially I had planned on just going in 2021. But with all the insanity we just dont know now. I dont want to return to the world until things are pretty well back to as much as normal as possible.

Will try multiple calling multiple times until i find a cast member giving me the answer i want :).

We had a trip booked for October that we just canceled :worried:. My husband & I are annual pass holders but my parents & nephew were joining us & I had purchased the canadian resident tickets direct from disney for them back in January. I was expecting to just be stuck with the tickets which would not be so bad as we will for sure make use of them down the road but I wanted to try for a refund so in June I called & requested a refund & we had the full amount refunded to our original payment method (credit card).

The Canadian Resident tickets for Disneyland were extended a while back to December, 2021, so it's unlikely that you'd get a refund on them at this point as there is still over a year to use them. However, if the situation in the US continues to get worse, you may have a pretty good argument.

The Canadian Resident tickets for Disneyland were extended a while back to December, 2021, so it's unlikely that you'd get a refund on them at this point as there is still over a year to use them. However, if the situation in the US continues to get worse, you may have a pretty good argument.
I called yesterday and requested a refund. No push back from the CM at all and she said once approved it should be on my original form of payment within 30 days.

We had a trip booked for October that we just canceled :worried:. My husband & I are annual pass holders but my parents & nephew were joining us & I had purchased the canadian resident tickets direct from disney for them back in January. I was expecting to just be stuck with the tickets which would not be so bad as we will for sure make use of them down the road but I wanted to try for a refund so in June I called & requested a refund & we had the full amount refunded to our original payment method (credit card).
Very good to know. Thanks for reporting back. I still havnt called them because im in denial about not visiting the world over the next couple years. Im hoping things change. Maybe fall 2021.

I just got off the line with a very efficient cast member. I had to wait on hold for almost half an hour to get to him, but I was able to cancel our Canadian resident discount tickets for next week without any resistance - I was advised a full refund would be issued to our credit card within 7-10 business days. With the border still being closed, I think this is becoming a more common occurrence.

Did you order your tickets through Disney? or another vendor. It can make a difference.

I purchased the 7 day hopper cdn ticket offer through Disney.
what happens if hopping still isn’t allowed?

do they refund the hopping price?
tx

Yes, they have been giving people credit for the hopping if its not available.

Is there anyone else successfully got a refund on the WDW Canadian discounted tickets? I really don’t think I will travel to US in 2021 and my date-based will expire on September 26, 2021. I know I get to use the value of the tickets to purchase new tickets later, but I am worried that I will have to do that in person and won’t be able to book park reservation or FP+ ahead of time. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter