Frozen Live at the Hyperion seating question.

sgc

Mouseketeer
:drinking:Was wondering what is the best and worst places to sit for the show along with how early to wait in line to get a good view.

Is it your pick of seats or assigned one.

Thanks for all replies.

Pretty much any seat is a good seat. You can sit anywhere you like and I arrive 20,minutes before and always get a good seat. I also think it depends on how many are in your party how early you want to go. It's usually only 2 in my party so easy to seat us.

The best seats are in the center Orchestra section rows 5 to 8. The center Mezzanine are also very good. The worst places are the rear and side of the Balcony and the Orchestra sides in the first 5 rows.

To get a good view you should plan to get there 60 minutes before house opens.

If you are sensitive to heat, the seats in the front row of the mezzanine by the stage lights can get warm, so try to sit away from those.
Otherwise, good seating is pretty easy these days. The Hyperion is huge. If the park isn't really busy when you're there, 30 minutes before showtime should get you a very nice seat. If it's a busy day, give more time.

Last edited:

Avoid front and center in the mezzanine - there's a big structural item (speaker, maybe?) right in front that blocks the view of anything going on in front of the stage. We sat there once thinking "Eh, we can see the whole stage," but then realized that there's quite a bit of action in front of the stage.

If you are sensitive to heat, the seats in the front row of the mezzanine by the stage lights can get warm, so try to sit away from those.
Otherwise, good seating is pretty easy these days. The Hyperion is huge. If the park isn't really busy when you're there, 30 minutes before showtime should get you a very nice seat. If it's a busy day, give more time.
Do your recommendations still hold true 5 months later or have crowds thinned out for the show? I am heading there this weekend with just my DH and I. I am trying to fit everything into 2 days (and 4-5 hours) so I want to balance not wasting too much time waiting for seats but also not being highly disappointed in my seats. TIA

Over the summer, I got seats in the front row of the center balcony. That day was pretty packed, and I showed up about 10 minutes before the show began and got a seat. Great view.

This.

Been there, done that. It was annoying.

:wizard:

Traditionally in any threat the "Prime" seats are 10 rows back center. That is where most theaters hold seats for VIP's and Director's Guests.

My favorite the Hyperion is lower level, center section, first or second row right behind that aisle.

Do your recommendations still hold true 5 months later or have crowds thinned out for the show? I am heading there this weekend with just my DH and I. I am trying to fit everything into 2 days (and 4-5 hours) so I want to balance not wasting too much time waiting for seats but also not being highly disappointed in my seats. TIA
I don’t think I’ve gotten there more than 15 minutes before showtime the last 4-5 times we’ve seen it, and we’ve gotten perfectly decent seats each time. With just two people, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Traditionally in any threat the "Prime" seats are 10 rows back center. That is where most theaters hold seats for VIP's and Director's Guests.

My favorite the Hyperion is lower level, center section, first or second row right behind that aisle.
Ooooh, tell us more about the threat at DCA! ;)

:wizard:

We saw the show last Tuesday, the Orchestra level wasn't even full, though I think you were still allowed to go up to the Mezzanine (though the Mezzanine line was closed), I didn't look up there. Assuming crowds are anything like last week, you don't have to go very early at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts