front seat passenger

ksd

Earning My Ears
Hi all i have been told that front seat passengers have to be 16yrs old is this right?.

sorry i should have made this more clear i mean the front seats of a car.
:confused:

Hi ksd

If by "front seats" you are referring to the Bulk Head Seats (which are where you get more legroom etc) then yes, I believe you do have to be over 16 (may even be 18) and in good health. This is because these seats are situated by the doors, and should there be any reason, where the safety slides go down for Emergency Exits.

The people who want these seats normally have to be fit and able.

HTH

I read this as meaning the front seat of a car. Is that what you mean ksd?

Doh!

LOL!

I have this information somewhere - but all my tour books are still packed! I am sure that front seat passengers have to be over 16 but will make an enquiry and come back to you :)

Okay - straight from the "Horse's Mouth" so to speak - I emailed Florida's "Buckle Up Florida" headquarters and got the following info back within the hour! Great service :)

<b>
Florida’s safety belt laws say that children three and under must be in a child safety seat, 4-5 year olds must be in a safety seat, booster seat or safety belt, depending on the size of the child, and 6-17 year olds must be in a safety belt in the front or backseat. Adults ages 18 and older must be belted if driving or riding in the front seat.

You can find these laws on the web at www.leg.state.fl.us. Go to statutes, then motor vehicles, then traffic controls, and look for 316.613 and 316.614.
</b>

So this should clarify - hope it helps :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter