From Possums to Sea and a Rainy day parade! Sep/Oct 2014

Newsflash!

New roadtrip booked. To celebrate Jo and I converting our civil partnership to full marriage in December ( a new change in law ) we are celebrating in a two night trip to DisneyLand Paris :-)

I will do a full TR to include the highlights.....

Driving our car onto a train which then speeds through a tunnel under the English Channel and pops out at France....

Driving through France to DLP

The two parks at DLP, see Christmas lights , Unique to DLP Elsa and Anna in a live stage show, Crush Coaster ride..

and..hopefully...

The new Ratatouille ride! If it is working.

Stay tuned! :-)

Congratulations. This will be a nice trip. Disneyland Paris is truly magical at Christmas time.

This sounds like another great day. I would have loved the Frozen sing-a-long.

Corinna

Firstly, congratulations!!! :)

Secondly, I can't WAIT to read about DLP.

The Frozen sing a long looks like great fun.

I'm glad you managed a great day despite the rain.

Loving the report so far! And I love both of your Frozen t shirts. I really, really hope all the Frozen attractions are still there next December - DD will be made up! :goodvibes Claire :)
I hope so too re your magical trip in December! Do you have a PTR? Later you will see they have added a wonderful addition now to DHS a Frozen store with a snow play area. It looked permanent to us :-)

Firstly, congratulations!!! :) Secondly, I can't WAIT to read about DLP. The Frozen sing a long looks like great fun. I'm glad you managed a great day despite the rain.
Thank you! The rain is no problem for us. And you! I recall AK last year you got soaked! Didn't complain once :-)

Sunday 21st September

The Happiest Place on Earth...

I had been trying to book BOG lunch on FP+ for weeks as soon as my window came up. But it was fully booked. But I kept looking in case an opening popped up. Today we had FP+ booked for our favourite park The Magic Kingdom so as soon as I woke I grabbed my ipad mini and tried again. Maybe they released some on each day? I couldn't believe my eyes! A booking for 11:30! I snagged it as quick as you could say do you believe in magic and couldn't wait to tell Jo.

I tried to contain myself through mouthfuls of sugary fruit loop delight. In the end I burst with excitement and spilt the joyous news. Guess who got FP+ BOG lunch today I announced... Jo said 'oh I don't know lucky somebody on the Disboards?' She was honestly clueless. 'No I said it's us! '.... She was delighted.

When I got up I tried to skip across the room and fell onto the bed! Jo burst into laughter. I said oh I forgot I was disabled for a moment :-)

We had FP+ for BTRM at 9:30, Jungle Cruise at 10:55 and Dumbo at 1:55. We did not get 7DMT but we planned to DAS that baby on arrival to get a return time for later.

The weather was also looking brighter this morning so to Jambo we travelled to get our fill of Mickey waffles with that amazing caramelised apple on top.

On the way my favourite viewing area

9a1663d7090046f27fb53004a8a15b08_zpscc8b57ee.jpg

Beautiful Giraffe this morning..

d6f32eca320c82cad4e270f8dfa7bb24_zps49f396a2.jpg

We drove to MK and on our arrival we checked The Emporium store. I really wanted the limited edition Haunted Mansion Magic Band. But they were sold out. Try again another day...

Here we are..

593d17fb345dd550c26e706579d90d94_zps98828f64.jpg

I am showing my watch because my ICE watch had broken on the plane and so I purchased a new Mickey one with birthday money from my FIL. He gave me dollars :-) very thoughtful.

Here it is... You can change the colours of the ring around the face which is cute..

a841bd5c9966eccce0232afd363a4fa8_zps4338e0ab.jpg

Now who are these cheery characters making our morning shine...

2f42caf1a40ea364296dfed319d85607_zpsc838398f.jpg

No wonder I have a grin like I have a banana in my mouth sideways...

6b3053536297a9078d4f90a55dc067b2_zpsab118ede.jpg

We did the Jungle Cruise. We have never in the countless trips to WDW done this before! We really enjoyed it. No photos here sorry. Left my camera in my rollator by the dock!

To be continued...

Sunday afternoon continued...

Where's The Beast?

We got a return time for the 7DMT. It was 75 mins minus 10 mins loading time for us. That would be fun this afternoon. We missed our FP+ BTRM window first thing i. the morning but it didn't matter. DVC means never having to rush!

This hat fun might explain the delay...

9d99ac08de1d3f222b53a14b2b52e41c_zps8a11fc39.jpg

8fc1ec43f337bf277c1ee7407a628ea0_zpsd6f9df68.jpg

Or am I spinning you a tall tail?

f8b6113e8dc2b329408661509b637121_zps17766c3b.jpg

I took this for Corinna thought you might like this ....

86aec879a915c011d9d114d9658839b4_zps3493baf8.jpg

Time for lunch!

Good job too because it's snowing outside...

33ac96b7ca92869ff909ef538b449e18_zpsc69121ee.jpg

This restaurant is a Beauty....

5766da1bee2c90ae40c1a6d0e6d12f81_zps5506b46a.jpg

Where is the Beast?

c6d8dd63b1326a8ffbb4ff8770ec7bb3_zps6fd1432a.jpg

This isn't The Beast that's for sure!

14d3531605dfdd266119ebd546326571_zpsd2edec10.jpg

We had a lovely lunch of the carved turkey sandwich. We then did dumbo and the 7DMT and that was a lot of fun.

That afternoon we scored some chillin ' by the pool. Kidani has these fabulous new sunbeds with really great padding.

imagejpg22_zpse94c9e39.jpg

Then hunger took hold. We both fancied pasta so we went to the Longhorn steakhouse again lol.... ( British humour) I had received a steroid injection before the vacation as I was suffering due to my auto immune disease. This had done the trick and this injection had awaken the protein monster in me. I was the beast! I needed another burger....

Another great day was complete :-)

We have never seen DLP at Christmas very excited! Yes the sing a long is great fun :-)

All but one of our trips to Disneyland Paris were during the holiday season. Graham took me to Disneyland Paris for my 22nd birthday and the holiday season was in full swing. While I was still teaching we spent Christmas at Disneyland Paris twice. The first time I saw Disneyland Paris not decked out for Christmas was in April 2010 when due to the ash cloud we had to take to the trains to get to Barcelona for our Med cruise on the Magic and had a 36 hour layover in Paris.

Disneyland Paris is really magical at Christmas, so much so that I was not overly impressed when I first saw Walt Disney World decorated for the the holidays.

Back to this trip. What a stroke of luck that you got a same day lunch reservation for Be Our Guest.

The hat photos are so funny and I loved the photo with all the plush Angels. I got to see Stitch today. Disney on Ice is in Manchester this week and this morning I made an impulse decision to go and see it. It was fantastic and it was a nice surprise that Stitch was in it.

It looks like you had another great day.

Corinna

What a fabulous day!

Bonus on scoring BoG!! Too cute Jo guessing someone on the disboards.

Aren't thosey giraffes just gorgeous!

Nice new watch :) how thoughtful of your FIL giving you dollars, that was nice.

Love the hats!

Oh my, those loungers look lovely.

All but one of our trips to Disneyland Paris were during the holiday season. Graham took me to Disneyland Paris for my 22nd birthday and the holiday season was in full swing. While I was still teaching we spent Christmas at Disneyland Paris twice. The first time I saw Disneyland Paris not decked out for Christmas was in April 2010 when due to the ash cloud we had to take to the trains to get to Barcelona for our Med cruise on the Magic and had a 36 hour layover in Paris. Disneyland Paris is really magical at Christmas, so much so that I was not overly impressed when I first saw Walt Disney World decorated for the the holidays. Back to this trip. What a stroke of luck that you got a same day lunch reservation for Be Our Guest. The hat photos are so funny and I loved the photo with all the plush Angels. I got to see Stitch today. Disney on Ice is in Manchester this week and this morning I made an impulse decision to go and see it. It was fantastic and it was a nice surprise that Stitch was in it. It looks like you had another great day. Corinna
I am beyond excited now about Disneyland Paris! I have recently been confined to a power wheelchair due to not being able to walk at all which has been hard for me but I have spoken to the hotel at DLP and they were so helpful I am confident I will be able to get around ok. All the lights!

We have booked to see Disney on Ice too at the O2 in December :-) glad to hear it's good! How nice you got to see Stitch. Not long for you now! How exciting.

What a fabulous day! Bonus on scoring BoG!! Too cute Jo guessing someone on the disboards. Aren't thosey giraffes just gorgeous! Nice new watch :) how thoughtful of your FIL giving you dollars, that was nice. Love the hats! Oh my, those loungers look lovely.
thank you :-) I just love the animals. Really gives AKV the edge. But knowing it is a wonderful resort and beautiful rooms anyway! Glad to have it in the DVC collection.

If you like the hats stay tuned for more 'tails' :-)

We have booked to see Disney on Ice too at the O2 in December :-) glad to hear it's good! How nice you got to see Stitch. Not long for you now! How exciting.

You are in for a real treat. I have seen a few Disney on Ice shows over the years and I have always enjoyed them, but this was by far my favourite.

My holiday officially starts three weeks from today. I still have to work an early shift on the 9th November, but then I am heading straight to the airport hotel after work.

Corinna

You are in for a real treat. I have seen a few Disney on Ice shows over the years and I have always enjoyed them, but this was by far my favourite. My holiday officially starts three weeks from today. I still have to work an early shift on the 9th November, but then I am heading straight to the airport hotel after work. Corinna
oh you got me really excited now re Disney on ice! 3 weeks! Wonderful. I can't wait to read about your trip.

Monday 22nd September

what's that badger rat thing that in our room?

Well this morning brought drama to AK on the ground floor. Jo woke up early with a headache and wanted some fresh air in the room so opened the balcony doors slightly. We went back to sleep. She woke up with a start stating 'Polly there is somebody in the room!' I listened and heard the rustling of carrier bags from Target. So I told her don't worry it's just the wind.

A while later she said 'No I'm freaked out I can hear movement' well this time I did hear something like movement in the room. Jo jumped up and approached the area. Then screamed 'what the' ( blank this is a family show ) 'is that'. Then she ran out to get a cast member. First she said to me 'get out the room quick and stay outside the door there is a creature in the room!'

Well disabled folk don't move fast plus I got curious.. Jo was gone. I had a camera...what was it? A snake? I had to get a photo. I slowly made my way to the danger zone.. Then I saw this very strange creature hop onto our chair! It had the tail of a rat and the colourings of a badger. I had never seen anything like it!

The cheeky critter settled on the chair. You can see his little face on the right by the white box....

imagejpg6_zps2932c61a.jpg

Jo returned and said what was I doing in the room! Wait outside till pest control arrive! They asked her what it was she said she did not know. They asked was it a cat. Jo said well she knew what a cat looked like! But they meant a bobcat type creature not a kitty lol. Pest control arrived. The guy had a pole with a loop on the end to catch the critter. He approached it. Oh he says it's a possum!

The hotel manager also joined us. She apologised for our unpaying guest. Not her fault! Being British we didn't realise we should not open our door when on ground floor! We have no possums or 'cats' in the UK. You might get a curious kitty at most!

Manager and Pest control in our room.

ee00ca121ddd8f9bca0a019e7a4c175b_zps9a8b7fa5.jpg

The possum actually ran out of the door in the end! The pest guy said it was only a baby one :-)

Well with all the excitement we needed about 5 breakfasts that day! Mickey waffles and caramel apples each and cinnamon roll and cereal...

To be continued...

We had a quiet morning by the pool. Later we went to DHS and did some FP+ at Star Tours, TSMM. Then we had a booking at Hollywood and Vine. We had done this with star wars characters in the past May and really enjoyed it. This was without characters but it was also much cheaper. We enjoyed it again very much. The food is very good. I really love the soft serve ice cream, carved turkey and chicken , pasta options. Jo likes it all.

It was raining very hard that evening and I left my camera in the car. So sorry for the lack of photos!

Tomorrow Thursday..meeting Dana a good friend in DTD, and a morning trip to Storybrooke.

That cute little possum found a nice comfy place to stay! :rotfl: I truly can't imagine how I'd react to that.

An afternoon by the pool, how magnificent!

Sounds like you found a favorite in HW & V?

That cute little possum found a nice comfy place to stay! :rotfl: I truly can't imagine how I'd react to that. An afternoon by the pool, how magnificent! Sounds like you found a favorite in HW & V?
yes we couldn't get enough of those wonderful soft sun beds at Kidani village. So padded. Indeed re HW & V def an MDR to score per trip! Very good value too at $34.99 each.

facebook twitter