From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Sounds like another fun Disney day!! I love that you are seeing all the shows....I only ever have time for about one per theme park when I go...it would be so nice to be there and see them all and maybe even more than once!! I just love the no pressure way you are getting to experience everything!

I love being able to see the shows. They often get overlooked because they take away precious Disney ride times! I'm a sucker for Carousel of Progress and Universe of Energy!

Hi there! I'm joining in on following your adventures at WDW! It's been bringing back a lot of memories for me since I did my horticulture internship at Epcot back in 2000. I was about your age and had such an amazing time. I also kept a journal and have a photo album from my time there, along with my name badges that I got to keep and a few other special items. Thanks for bringing back the wonderful memories and I'm so glad you get to have this experience. I wanted to work for Disney full time after my internship but by the time I graduated they had a hiring freeze that lasted for over a year I believe. I now live in Denver but am dying to go back to WDW someday soon!

Hey! Glad to have you here! You are so very welcome! And you're in Denver! Small world! If Disney is your goal you can definitely do it!!

wow, Nemo, EE, FOTLK, ToT, and RnRC! That is quite the day! Pretty cool to see Nemo from that close

It was an amazing day!

Totally jumping on board! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us all, I really enjoyed reading your experience so far and can't wait for more updates! You totally have a lovely smile, keep going to those auditions!

You are so welcome, thank you for following along on this adventure with me! Thank you so much, I will definitely keep auditioning!

Day 14: 2/06/15

Today was one of the best days I've had since I've moved to Florida, I still can't believe it was real! I went to Magic Kingdom to meet a friend from the CP Meetup that we had a little while ago, and we decided to wait for Be Our Guest Restaurant! I have been DYING to get inside of that castle and about 1 hour later we were at the doors of the most beautiful restaurant I have ever stepped foot in!

I am just blown away by the attention to detail that all of the imagineers put into this magical place!

I just had the Beast's Cupcake because I simply had to try the "Grey Stuff" ... and it was delicious!

After that wonderful experience I was off to meet up with a follower of mine from Instagram! I met Chris by the Tangled Bathrooms and we headed off to watch the Festival Of Fantasy Parade (MY VERY FIRST TIME!!!) I AM IN LOVE!!! :love:

After the parade Chris and I headed to Epcot! On the way I had the pleasure of sitting next to a young girl named Sophia who started chatting with me. She was so excited since it was her birthday yesterday and it was her first time to Disney World! My heart was a puddle of mush talking with her, especially when she said "You look like a princess, do you live in the castle?" :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Be still my heart!
She was the sweetest and I'll remember her forever!

We went on Living With The Land, Test Track, and thanks to a lovely guest with an extra rider swap we made it on Soarin'!

I had the best time and I am so glad I met Chris! He was so nice and we had so much in common. I have just met the best people here, it's incredible!

When you posted last about checking out NFL for the first time, I was wondering if you'd gotten in to BOG! We've had dinner there 4x and lunch once; it's truly mine and younger DS's favorite TS now! I'm sad DH and I aren't doing it on our upcoming March trip but we wanted to try other, new to us places. I plan on getting back to BOG for dinner in Aug. and Nov, though ::yes::

Nice parade pics, too. I just posted on a TR that I had watched YouTube videos of FOF and didn't think I'd like it, but totally changed my mind when we saw it in person-love it :thumbsup2

And I have to say, the more you post, the more jealous I get that you can go to (multiple) parks as easily and often as I go to the grocery store............

Disney is my goal as a vacation destination, but not a place to work anymore. They made some big cuts in horticulture and apparently hire out to other companies more now. Anyway, it's been 5-6 years since I've vacationed there and I'd love to see all of the new additions like NFL (learning the acronyms here;)! My family is aiming to go in 2017 after the new Avatar land at AK is supposed to open. But... I have also been entering contests for free trips that include a stay in the castle suite so if I win I'll be forced to go earlier than anticipated - ha!

After seeing your pics of the BOG restaurant I am definitely adding that to the list. Bet you have to make reservations for that one far in advance of a trip - it looks amazing!

Loved catching up on your past few days. I also had the goosebumps for you when I saw your name tag!!!

Sounds like a really magical day!! I really want to see inside the castle where BOG is...can you get in to see it at all if you don't have a reservation and just want to look? We are only spending one day at MK in March and of course there were no ADR's available that day...I'm so sad because I don't know when I will be back after that...oh well...at least maybe one day the fuss will die down and it won't be so hard to get in. That cupcake looked awesome. I LOVE the Land...hubby thinks it's boring but it is one of my fave things at Epcot. It's so nice also that you are getting to meet so many people...I don't think you will ever be lonely while you are there!

What a wonderful adventure to read. If I were at another step of my life I would probably try the Cultural Representative Program, maybe someday.
The Be Our Guest Restaurant looks really amazing, how lucky you are.

Followed last week, but this is the first chance I had to post. So excited for you. Love to follow along with you on your journey.
We (DH & I) will be there in two weeks. We must have coffee so will look for you on our Epcot Day. :cutie:

First, you totally look like a Disney princess! They have to choose you! Second, I am enjoying your journey. Its very fun to read! We also live nearby and I would love to work at Disney...I think I am just a bit too far to drive it everyday...DARN! SO I will just have to keep reading!

When you posted last about checking out NFL for the first time, I was wondering if you'd gotten in to BOG! We've had dinner there 4x and lunch once; it's truly mine and younger DS's favorite TS now! I'm sad DH and I aren't doing it on our upcoming March trip but we wanted to try other, new to us places. I plan on getting back to BOG for dinner in Aug. and Nov, though ::yes::

Nice parade pics, too. I just posted on a TR that I had watched YouTube videos of FOF and didn't think I'd like it, but totally changed my mind when we saw it in person-love it :thumbsup2

And I have to say, the more you post, the more jealous I get that you can go to (multiple) parks as easily and often as I go to the grocery store............

It was such a wonderful restaurant! I loved FOF so well done! Sorry to make you jealous, but it is so nice to have that luxury of going to the parks anytime!

Disney is my goal as a vacation destination, but not a place to work anymore. They made some big cuts in horticulture and apparently hire out to other companies more now. Anyway, it's been 5-6 years since I've vacationed there and I'd love to see all of the new additions like NFL (learning the acronyms here;)! My family is aiming to go in 2017 after the new Avatar land at AK is supposed to open. But... I have also been entering contests for free trips that include a stay in the castle suite so if I win I'll be forced to go earlier than anticipated - ha!

After seeing your pics of the BOG restaurant I am definitely adding that to the list. Bet you have to make reservations for that one far in advance of a trip - it looks amazing!

Well I certainly hope you can make it out here in 2017. There will be so many new things for you to explore! I would HIGHLY recommend BOG. Just breathtaking!

Loved catching up on your past few days. I also had the goosebumps for you when I saw your name tag!!!

It was an amazing moment!

Glad you are having so much fun!

Thank you!

Sounds like a really magical day!! I really want to see inside the castle where BOG is...can you get in to see it at all if you don't have a reservation and just want to look? We are only spending one day at MK in March and of course there were no ADR's available that day...I'm so sad because I don't know when I will be back after that...oh well...at least maybe one day the fuss will die down and it won't be so hard to get in. That cupcake looked awesome. I LOVE the Land...hubby thinks it's boring but it is one of my fave things at Epcot. It's so nice also that you are getting to meet so many people...I don't think you will ever be lonely while you are there!

You know that's a wonderful question. Next time I go by I will ask a Cast Member if you can just go in and look around instead of waiting in the line, I was wondering the same thing myself. Worst case scenario you may have to plan for a 40-60 minute wait and go for lunch but that's precious Magic Kingdom time so it's a tough call!

I have been lucky to meet so many wonderful people, it keeps life exciting!

You are living my dream - lucky you! Enjoy every moment

Thank you, I am loving every second!
What a wonderful adventure to read. If I were at another step of my life I would probably try the Cultural Representative Program, maybe someday.
The Be Our Guest Restaurant looks really amazing, how lucky you are.

Glad to have you following along!

Followed last week, but this is the first chance I had to post. So excited for you. Love to follow along with you on your journey.
We (DH & I) will be there in two weeks. We must have coffee so will look for you on our Epcot Day. :cutie:

So happy to have you following on this journey! Absolutely stop by and say hi when you visit!!

First, you totally look like a Disney princess! They have to choose you! Second, I am enjoying your journey. Its very fun to read! We also live nearby and I would love to work at Disney...I think I am just a bit too far to drive it everyday...DARN! SO I will just have to keep reading!

Awe, thank you so much! I am so glad you are enjoying reading my journey!!!

Well if you manage to get an answer about just going in the castle for a peek let me know :)) Somehow I'm thinking maybe they won't allow it because then people might stop trying as hard to eat there...but who knows....I'm happy that you got to check it out though :)

2/7-2/10

Saturday was a short shift in which I got to tour Epcot and ride Spaceship Earth. If that's not the coolest day at work I don't know what is!!

After work I went to Downtown Orlando for a Mardi Gras party with my roommate Gabi and we had a blast! I met some awesome people and just had fun dancing and just letting lose for the night!

Sunday was my day off so I met up with Jay at the Magic Kingdom! We rode Space Mountain, The People Mover, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Dumbo and we got Dole Whip Floats!

http://s53.photobucket.com/user/swe...153052219271543_155700887343456725_n.jpg.html
10922432_10153052219271543_155700887343456725_n.jpg

Afterwards I went to a meetup at Be Our Guest Restaurant for DINNER!!! AND IT WAS AMAZING!

I had this delicious meal!

Pan-seared Chicken Breast
finished with fresh Herb-Truffle Butter and Spinach Cream Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

The chicken was so juicy and tender and amazing!

And of course the Grey Stuff!

A ROSE NAPKIN!:love:

Some great friends!

Monday was my first day of actual "Coffee Lab" training. I worked 7am-2pm and it was so much fun. I learned how to use the espresso machine, made coffee, and met my awesome new coworkers!!
Here's my costume!!!

Today I also worked from 7am-2pm, and it was another great day! Today we learned about flavored lattes, making iced teas, and all of the different acronyms for the drinks and the modifications. I am getting along really well with my coworkers and I am just so happy to be here! I know it will be a lot of work since I saw my first "real" scheduled week and I'm working 47 hours, but it'll be a wonderful time!!

After
work I met up with yet another new friend, Daryl, at Epcot. We rode Nemo and Friends and Living with the Land. Then we hopped over to eat at Les Chefs De France!!!

I ended up with this glorious meal!!!

Lasagnes de légumes du soleil à l’huile d’olive au thym (Vegetable Lasagna)
Zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato baked into thin layers of pasta

This was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had at any of the Disney restaurants. It was just perfect in every way. The marinara sauce was amazing, the veggies were perfect, and the cheese was so delicious! I would definitely go back just for that!

I am just so blessed and happy that I am in the Happiest Place on Earth! :jumping1:

Last edited:
Looks like you're having an amazing time! I hope we can wave at you when we go to the World in June!!!!

Hi there! :wave2:

My name is Robin and I am 22 years old! I participated in the Disney Career Start Program in the Spring of 2011 and I have been dreaming of going back to Disney World and working for The Mouse ever since!

After a very challenging and sad 2014, I decided that now was the time to chase my dreams!

On January 4th, 2015 I got into my car and drove from Iowa to Florida to interview to work at the best company in the world (to say I was nervous would be an understatement!). 1,800 miles later (with multiple bathroom breaks in between!) I arrived in Orlando. After a very restless night the day of the interview finally arrived and on January 8th, 2015 I was hired to be a full-time cast member at the Walt Disney World Company!

I am so impossibly happy and excited to start this new adventure in my life and I want to document my experiences here on the Disboards!

Here I am checking into the Disney Career Start Program back in 2011! (That's me in the middle!)

I will be working at Epcot and will move down there January 24th! In 2 short weeks I will be off on this adventure and while I am a little scared since I won't know anyone I am very excited to live my dream!

My plan for the next few posts will be to document my travel plans as I will be leaving Iowa on the 17th. I will also be putting up my packing list, and casting experience, as well as my Disney Bucket List!

**This trip report and my opinions do not reflect those of the Walt Disney Company. This report is written purely as a diary to keep track of my personal adventures. If you ever have any concerns about any of the content, please contact me directly.**

:tink:

Follow me on Twitter!

Follow me on Instagram!
Loving following along with all of your new excitement. So thrilled that your following your dreams and having a wonderful time. Look forward to your upcoming posts. CONGRATULATIONS.

Yes I'm curious about what the grey stuff tastes like too!! It is funny that it's become such a "thing". Still loving reading along with your adventures!! Also, learning about all that coffee would be fun...do you get to taste all the drinks too?

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter