Free parking and Valet parking for those with auto handicap tags?

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
Do the resorts still offer free valet parking for those visiting for a dinner reservation to people who have the handicap auto tags ? Also, do the resorts still offer free parking for those with the tags? How much do you tip your valet? Do you tip at drop off, pick up or both.

I heard there was still Valet for Handicapped.

Not sure if there is still valet parking right now - this is something that I would suggest calling Disability Services about (to see if it is still an option at the Resort you will be visiting)

Don't try to call the Resort directly - you will actually be speaking to a centrally located call center, and sadly, those folks are not always current or correct about what it actually going on at the Resorts.

So, Disability Services will be your best bet to actually find out what the situation is currently. You can contact them at at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com

If valet is still available for folks with a current license plate, hangtag or placard, and If it's a "no contact" kind of thing, where you just hand over the car, I would tip $5 at drop off, and $5 at pick up.

If the CM helps in any way - like they get a wheelchair set up for you, or they do anything other than the basic pick up/drop off, then I would tip at least $10 when you drop off the car, and $10 when you pick up.

That's just me. I know I probably over-tip at WDW, but I am always aware of the fact that those CMs make minimum wage, and are on their feet all day, dealing with a public that is not always as "magical" to them as they are to us.

There was no valet parking, but if you have plates or placard, there is no fee. The woman who greeted us when we arrived saw that after I helped Pop into his wheelchair, marked our account so we would NOT be charged. I double checked the night before we checked out.

Do the resorts still offer free valet parking for those visiting for a dinner reservation to people who have the handicap auto tags ? Also, do the resorts still offer free parking for those with the tags? How much do you tip your valet? Do you tip at drop off, pick up or both.
I stayed at Poly DVC in Oct. Because of my handicap tag my my car was parked for me. I tip $2-3 when I arrive and also when I leave. I have never been charged for parking.

I stayed at Poly DVC in Oct. Because of my handicap tag my my car was parked for me. I tip $2-3 when I arrive and also when I leave. I have never been charged for parking.
Oh good! I’m so glad valet parking is back for those with placards. I usually use all Disney transportation, but the few times I was in my mom’s car, I was super grateful for that service!!

If valet service is indeed back at least for those with placards, will they help load and unload ECVs? Obviously I would tip them well for doing so, just wondering.

I wouldn't plan on it? Maybe count it as pixie dust if they do? And then ask them, and post here to let us know! LOL

Historically, we see them load/unload suitcases and ice chests and things that tend to max out at 50 pounds or less to and from the bell carts.

I will say that in the past they have always been really courteous and careful about my personal mobility equipment, never touching it without asking permission, and always asking if there is any way they can help.

Wondering if valet has returned for those without placards in disney springs. So glad they have valet for those with placards, just curious if they have expanded that yet at disney springs

I do not think valet is back in Disney Springs, but my understanding is that it was an outside company, so I am not sure there was ever free valet there with a disabled parking tag.

This is the first time I am driving down to the parks/resort. I have a truck that is wheelchair accessible. Am I understanding I can park free at the resort ?
thanks. This is a picture of it minus the trailer.

Attachments

• A6E73A10-8A87-4364-B8FE-34A77E44C52C.jpeg
    A6E73A10-8A87-4364-B8FE-34A77E44C52C.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 19
As long as your you have a handicap license plate or hanging tag, then there should not be a charge for parking at a WDW owned hotel. Some people have suggested that you stop by the front desk during your stay to make sure they are aware so you are not charged.

1) Resorts with previous Handicap Valet are doing so, again.
2) Resort Examples:
. . . free valet at Deluxe Resorts (GF, Poly, WL, AKL)
. . . free valet at some DVC's (not all have valet)
3) Must have valid Disabled placard displayed in windshield.
4) Resort Parking is free, although a tip is semewhat expected.

I have to admit that I wish I had known this. There were a few nights where the handicapped spots were gone by the time we returned (not always all that late, either) and the self park was super far. It was me and two kids with muscular dystrophy (and long story short, I wasn't using the ECV I rented) and we had to hoof it. There was one night my body just was at the point of collapsing (and the kids were at each other's throats, etc) and I felt okay paying the valet charge and so I did it (only to not be charged). Alas. This is my fault only - I realize I probably saw it on the board, etc but I wish I had known/recalled it earlier (plus I admit that I felt self-conscious about it).

1) Resorts with previous Handicap Valet are doing so, again.
2) Resort Examples:
. . . free valet at Deluxe Resorts (GF, Poly, WL, AKL)
. . . free valet at some DVC's (not all have valet)
3) Must have valid Disabled placard displayed in windshield.
4) Resort Parking is free, although a tip is semewhat expected.

Slight addition to 3): Must have valid disabled placard displayed OR plates on the car.

We drive to WDW so actually have both a placard and disabled plates.

It's much simpler when entering a theme part lot where CMs are directing cars into a row to wave the placard so they immediately see you have one and can point you toward the handicap section.

Plus, should anything happen to your own car, you've the placard for use with a rental.

Don't have to remember to hang the placard when in your own car if your state permits you to get both.

Not to be too hard on self, bsmcneil. :flower3: I read your thread asking for tips as a single parent with 2 kids and your followup. Sounds like you did pretty well given the challenges you all had. So, pat self on back and give self a bit more credit, ok? :)

i realize this thread is a year old. But, am I reading this correctly? If you have a handicapped placard, you do not have to pay for parking at your resort?

I do not think valet is back in Disney Springs, but my understanding is that it was an outside company, so I am not sure there was ever free valet there with a disabled parking tag.

I know that valet parking wasn't't free when we went to Disney Springs in 2016 with my handicapped placard.

i realize this thread is a year old. But, am I reading this correctly? If you have a handicapped placard, you do not have to pay for parking at your resort?

I'd recommend showing your placard (or registration if you've plates) to the front desk to find out if they waive the resort parking fee per night or perhaps the valet can advise you. We're DVC Members and aren't charged resort parking fees, so I don't know how/if this is done for non-DVC guests.

I think the valets only check you've a valid placard to be certain you're entitled to free valet parking. Anybody with a valid placard--a local coming for dinner, for instance--can use free valet parking. As a result, a valet wouldn't necessarily report that X-vehicle belonging to Mr/Ms XXXX is eligible for no resort parking fee. They do ask if you're there to dine or check in, which may just be to know if your car will be there longer than a few hours. I'm not at all sure.

Incidentally, renting points to stay in a DVC resort gets no resort parking fee as if you were a Member. You can sometimes get a Deluxe-level stay for near-Moderate prices that way. A 1 or more bedroom villa has in-room washer and dryer and a fully equipped kitchen. Maybe worth looking into.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter