Free parking and Valet parking for those with auto handicap tags?

Tink3815

Mouseketeer
Do the resorts still offer free valet parking for those visiting for a dinner reservation to people who have the handicap auto tags ? Also, do the resorts still offer free parking for those with the tags? How much do you tip your valet? Do you tip at drop off, pick up or both.

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
I heard there was still Valet for Handicapped.

mamabunny

DIS Veteran
Not sure if there is still valet parking right now - this is something that I would suggest calling Disability Services about (to see if it is still an option at the Resort you will be visiting)

Don't try to call the Resort directly - you will actually be speaking to a centrally located call center, and sadly, those folks are not always current or correct about what it actually going on at the Resorts.

So, Disability Services will be your best bet to actually find out what the situation is currently. You can contact them at at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com

If valet is still available for folks with a current license plate, hangtag or placard, and If it's a "no contact" kind of thing, where you just hand over the car, I would tip $5 at drop off, and $5 at pick up.

If the CM helps in any way - like they get a wheelchair set up for you, or they do anything other than the basic pick up/drop off, then I would tip at least $10 when you drop off the car, and $10 when you pick up.

That's just me. I know I probably over-tip at WDW, but I am always aware of the fact that those CMs make minimum wage, and are on their feet all day, dealing with a public that is not always as "magical" to them as they are to us.

AGoofykindagirl

Mouseketeer
There was no valet parking, but if you have plates or placard, there is no fee. The woman who greeted us when we arrived saw that after I helped Pop into his wheelchair, marked our account so we would NOT be charged. I double checked the night before we checked out.

dlcard

Earning My Ears
Do the resorts still offer free valet parking for those visiting for a dinner reservation to people who have the handicap auto tags ? Also, do the resorts still offer free parking for those with the tags? How much do you tip your valet? Do you tip at drop off, pick up or both.
I stayed at Poly DVC in Oct. Because of my handicap tag my my car was parked for me. I tip $2-3 when I arrive and also when I leave. I have never been charged for parking.

HappyDisneyWife