Free Dining watch September 2017

I'm so obsessed and nervous about this that I actually emailed Chase to ask if they will be releasing dates. I doubt if they would tell anyone before an official date, but it doesn't hurt to ask! I haven't received a reply yet. :)

I'm so obsessed and nervous about this that I actually emailed Chase to ask if they will be releasing dates. I doubt if they would tell anyone before an official date, but it doesn't hurt to ask! I haven't received a reply yet. :)

I did get a response from them. Basically they said that although they have no promotions for free dining right now, "typically" free dining is offered in the late summer/fall time frame. I kind of took this as they plan to release it this year?? Maybe I'm just wishing!

We are booked at the Fort wilderness cabins for November 15 through November 19, so I hope that these dates fall within the free dining they are close to the ones from last year. Fingers crossed.

Hoping for some pixie dust, either FD or discount for Sept. We've already booked Art of Animation Cars suite. Does anyone know if these rooms have historically been included?

Hoping for some pixie dust, either FD or discount for Sept. We've already booked Art of Animation Cars suite. Does anyone know if these rooms have historically been included?

Yes, they're usually included. But only for the Quick Service plan, not the full dining. You can upgrade if you want and just pay the difference though.

Seems silly that those suites are considered "value" level, but they are!

Hi I'm new here and also looking to book CBR in September. If I were to book my room now and then the free dining was announced at a later date for the room I selected, does it automatically add on to the reservation? I have an AP so my reservation would be room only, would that make a difference?

Hi I'm new here and also looking to book CBR in September. If I were to book my room now and then the free dining was announced at a later date for the room I selected, does it automatically add on to the reservation? I have an AP so my reservation would be room only, would that make a difference?
No, it would not automatically be added on and you can't do FD with a room only reservation. You need to book a package that includes a minimum two day park tickets with hopper or Waterpark. Since you have an AP, you could always save those tickets for use at another time though.

I hate to be a negative Nellie but if you look at rooms for Disney Resort for the end of September (my dates) on cheaptickets it says 75% of the resort is booked. If that's the case, I don't think they'll be offering FD. There's no incentive to do it. Trust me, it doesn't make me a happy camper saying that.

I hate to be a negative Nellie but if you look at rooms for Disney Resort for the end of September (my dates) on cheaptickets it says 75% of the resort is booked. If that's the case, I don't think they'll be offering FD. There's no incentive to do it. Trust me, it doesn't make me a happy camper saying that.

That's only the rooms available to Cheap Tickets. Their allotment of rooms is 75% booked. That doesn't mean 75% of all rooms at Disney are booked.

We're planning on going at the end of September and hoping for the Free dining too. I haven't booked a room yet but am thinking about it. I'm not sure how it works with the Free dining ( I'll include dining in my package whether or not it's free). Should I leave it off of my reservation for now in case there is Free Dining? I'm not sure how messy the reservation would get if I already had the dining plan on my reservation and then called to try and get the Free Dining if it becomes available.

We're planning on going at the end of September and hoping for the Free dining too. I haven't booked a room yet but am thinking about it. I'm not sure how it works with the Free dining ( I'll include dining in my package whether or not it's free). Should I leave it off of my reservation for now in case there is Free Dining? I'm not sure how messy the reservation would get if I already had the dining plan on my reservation and then called to try and get the Free Dining if it becomes available.

I can't speak to the "messy" part but I do know if you have already have paid for FD, and if FD comes out, and if you're lucky enough to get FD, they will reimburse you the FD you've already paid for. I get the impression from others that it's not messy but I've never been in that situation so I can't confirm anything.

I can't speak to the "messy" part but I do know if you have already have paid for FD, and if FD comes out, and if you're lucky enough to get FD, they will reimburse you the FD you've already paid for. I get the impression from others that it's not messy but I've never been in that situation so I can't confirm anything.
Thanks. I've done this before with the discounts but never with Free Dining so I wasn't sure.

Did "free dining" once.

It saved a few bucks but we felt like we were a prisoner to the ADR. It was too much food as well - felt wasteful.

Will never do it again.
I totally see your point. The hours,days, weeks I had spent making, cancelling, making. The n park hours are updated, then changes again. Then planning 2 hours per ADR. This year we are breaking free and paying OOP for our top 2 or 3 favs. I have freed myself from Chef Mickeys!!!!!! Told my kids that buffett is not worth 250 OOP for our family. They agreed when they heard that sum. I said if they have to eat in that atrium. We can do the CS next door. They liked that idea. A nice comprimise that saves us almost 200

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter