• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any updates? Someone wrote the dates would be coming out in a couple of weeks. I think it has been that. With Disney just putting out summer special I am wondering if fall specials will be awhile?

But that doesn't mean that's how things work. I've seen many theories based on what people on these boards observed. To say that is definitely how things work is misleading unless you have some inside knowledge it's all just presumptions and speculations.

Just like any other company, they'll offer discounts to encourage bookings for less popular/more expensive room categories such as pirate-themed rooms at CBR. They want 100% or as close to 100% as operationally possible. They're not going to hold back room inventory to offer free dining or 30% off rooms when people are consistently booking the same rooms full price. I have seen people throw that thought around and it seems rather naive. They just want to book the rooms that don't traditionally go first, so something like pool view vs water view. Or water view vs savanna view at AKL.

I really think if you want to go, book where you'd stay with no discount. Then, if something comes out that's a better deal, you can change it if there's a match with resort and discount. If the discount is low or non-existent, only you can decide if that's the right thing to do. If that means don't tell the family until you're sure, then so be it. But don't be afraid to walk away if the price is not right. That's kind of how this 180 day ADR thing gets into your head too. You're planning this early out so mentally you're willing to stretch a budget just to make those plans happen.

Thanks for posting this. When Disney added park hopper as an inclusion with FD we crunched the numbers and it just didn't financially work in our favor so we passed. RO offers were very limited last year but we were able to secure exactly what we wanted and traveled when we wanted without jumping through hoops & loops. We are a family of 2 adults and 14yr "adult".

Thanks for posting this. When Disney added park hopper as an inclusion with FD we crunched the numbers and it just didn't financially work in our favor so we passed. RO offers were very limited last year but we were able to secure exactly what we wanted and traveled when we wanted without jumping through hoops & loops. We are a family of 2 adults and 14yr "adult".
We are going again in September, but staying at Bonnet Creek. We have APs, so do not need tickets. That aside, we are only paying $1100 for the Bonnet Creek 1 Bdr suite so our room savings vs a moderate will more than leave us with enough saving to pay for food for my wife and I on this trip.

We love free dining when we bring our boys (they eat constantly), but it is a poor value for my wife and I when we travel alone.

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this question...

I am going in May and October. Debating getting an AP. If I have an AP and my fiancé does not, would we still qualify for the FD package if you need to get a resort and ticket package?

We are going again in September, but staying at Bonnet Creek. We have APs, so do not need tickets. That aside, we are only paying $1100 for the Bonnet Creek 1 Bdr suite so our room savings vs a moderate will more than leave us with enough saving to pay for food for my wife and I on this trip.

We love free dining when we bring our boys (they eat constantly), but it is a poor value for my wife and I when we travel alone.

I have to agree that with those who can seriously eat the meal plan is essential. It's just not needed for light eaters like my family, at least for now. I know when DS is in swim I cannot keep up with his food intake!

We'll be staying at BRV our Studio was $1472, our three Adult 5 Day MYW tickets $958.35 and as for food I have acquired a nice sum of Disney GC's to cover that and then some. RT flights will be free, just hope Club Villain will be offered.:upsidedow

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this question...

I am going in May and October. Debating getting an AP. If I have an AP and my fiancé does not, would we still qualify for the FD package if you need to get a resort and ticket package?
You would both need to get the same ticket with the package, but you could upgrade only yours to an AP after you arrive. If you already have an AP, you could save your ticket for later.

We have APs, so do not need tickets.

Excuse me, what do you mean by this? Did you purchase tickets a while ago or not planning on going to the parks? I'm not familiar with Annual Pass Holders offerings, have read tid bits. From what I understand AP are best suited for those who plan on staying at Disney twice or more(?)

If you purchase an AP at WDW can it be used at DL in Calif.?

Excuse me, what do you mean by this? Did you purchase tickets a while ago or not planning on going to the parks? I'm not familiar with Annual Pass Holders offerings, have read tid bits. From what I understand AP are best suited for those who plan on staying at Disney twice or more(?)

If you purchase an AP at WDW can it be used at DL in Calif.?
We bought them in January, will use them in May, Sept and again next January. You can get a version of AP which is good at both WDW and DL.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to share what the paid out of pocket total was for food on their Disney trip vs what they would have paid/gotten free with the Disney dining plan?

My wife and I are thinking of booking September 4th - 16th and I'm trying to figure out what we should expect in terms of cost, out of pocket, vs Disney dining plan.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to share what the paid out of pocket total was for food on their Disney trip vs what they would have paid/gotten free with the Disney dining plan?

My wife and I are thinking of booking September 4th - 16th and I'm trying to figure out what we should expect in terms of cost, out of pocket, vs Disney dining plan.

Choice of and amount of TSs will make these figures wildly different. If you eat all 1 TS equivalent character buffets, they cost the equivalent of the 2 TS meals. So, just your TS choice could cost $25/person/day (Plaza meal with water and tax/tip) or $70+/person/day (Chef Mickey dinner with tax/tip)...that's a large variance to account for over 12 days. Plus, will you actually eat TS every day for 12 days if you have no plan? Most folks there for that duration either start to go offsite, or choose more CSs, or get groceries if they are there that long with no dining plan...

There's no way to compare actual costs of dining from a trip with dining package to one without...because the logistics of what you paid for/will pay vastly Changes how and what you eat.

Dining plan encourages right to left booking/ordering which is not what out of pocket would result in.

We booked last years FD, I had to get up at 3:00am to get one of the last MOD resorts packages.
You have to be flexible and be ready to book (credit card in hand, already online with all information pulled up).
I had a #1 resort Choice with a #2 backup.
There were quite a few people disappointed about not being able to book a package and some who
were not able to apply or change a Pre-booked package in order to get FD (I remember the complaining went on for a while).
My first choice was POR but nothing available or We stayed at CSR and it was beautiful.
This year it will just be DH and I so I rented DVC studio and won't have FD.
But the more people in your party over 10years old the better FD is.
I hoping everyone is able to book FD this year.

Sometime in another free dining thread shared this website with me. It helped me out tremendously!
http://www.distripplanner.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter