Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are they only offering the free dining as a bounce back offer? The last time I visited WDW was in 2012 and we got free dining with our POP century stay in September.

I booked at Caribbean Beach yesterday because it was the last day to get the gift card offer. If free dining is not offered I will downgrade to Pop
I went in 2015 staying at Cordando Springs and got free dining. When I went free dining was not offered at values only quick service free dining

I booked at Caribbean Beach yesterday because it was the last day to get the gift card offer. If free dining is not offered I will downgrade to Pop
I went in 2015 staying at Cordando Springs and got free dining. When I went free dining was not offered at values only quick service free dining

If you do downgrade to Pop, you'll still only get free quick service dining plan. That's the deal at value resorts. You can pay the difference and upgrade to the regular dining plan, but it won't be included for free. Values get quick service; mods and deluxes get regular plan.

The gift card offer is only for a certain time frame so watch your email to confirm that you'll be getting it.

Also, don't forget, $75 off your room price may negate any DDP savings. I don't know how many people are in your party, but I would definitely do the math.

If free dining comes out during your dates, you may be able to keep your CBR reservation because discounts were stacking. For example, I booked CBR at a passholder rate and then I got the $75 off of that.

The gift card offer is only for a certain time frame so watch your email to confirm that you'll be getting it.

Also, don't forget, $75 off your room price may negate any DDP savings. I don't know how many people are in your party, but I would definitely do the math.

If free dining comes out during your dates, you may be able to keep your CBR reservation because discounts were stacking. For example, I booked CBR at a passholder rate and then I got the $75 off of that.

Thank I did get comformation email from Disney I do get the gift cards
Travel agent told me can not use them toward room and I get them at check in. I know with this offer there might not be free dinning. I have added DDP.
I am only one going and have done the math thanks. If I dont get free dining I am downgrading to Pop which I told my travel agent and she said she can do this with ease.
I have been told that if free dining comes out I keep the gift cards and get free dining. Dont know what stacked means.
Thank u for your input

So excited to go on my third solo trip and second using Dreams Unlimited.
Love Halloween, best time of year to go

Is anyone having problems connecting to The Disney site, particularly the Disney World section? I can access everything on the website except Disney World.

Terri

I have been told that if free dining comes out I keep the gift cards and get free dining. Dont know what stacked means.
I am happy for those who might be able to take advantage of this. But keep in mind that they will only offer FD where they need rooms filled, and only the room types that they need filled. At some point they may not need to offer FD at CBR because the rooms are already booked. But there will certainly be fewer rooms available for FD at CBR if everyone jumps on this offer now.They will not offer FD for rooms already booked. You can only get FD if a room of the exact same type is not booked, and if the booked percentage for that room type at your resort falls below a specific threshold. For instance, if you are booked in a Garden View room, and all such rooms are booked during your date range, FD will not be offered for that room type at that resort during that time period.

This has happened for a few years now at POFQ. Folks love the resort, so the rooms are booked, then FD isn't available there. Then folks change resorts to someplace with FD. Then POFQ is a ghost town during FD.

If everyone who is only interested in a resort if FD is offered would just wait to book, everyone would greatly increase the likelihood that FD would be available for them. My advice - only book now if you would stay at that particular resort, at your booking rate, no matter what. Booking otherwise is counterproductive. It ensures fewer discount offers for fewer rooms.

I am happy for those who might be able to take advantage of this. But keep in mind that they will only offer FD where they need rooms filled, and only the room types that they need filled. At some point they may not need to offer FD at CBR because the rooms are already booked. But there will certainly be fewer rooms available for FD at CBR if everyone jumps on this offer now.They will not offer FD for rooms already booked. You can only get FD if a room of the exact same type is not booked, and if the booked percentage for that room type at your resort falls below a specific threshold. For instance, if you are booked in a Garden View room, and all such rooms are booked during your date range, FD will not be offered for that room type at that resort during that time period.

This has happened for a few years now at POFQ. Folks love the resort, so the rooms are booked, then FD isn't available there. Then folks change resorts to someplace with FD. Then POFQ is a ghost town during FD.

If everyone who is only interested in a resort if FD is offered would just wait to book, everyone would greatly increase the likelihood that FD would be available for them. My advice - only book now if you would stay at that particular resort, at your booking rate, no matter what. Booking otherwise is counterproductive. It ensures fewer discount offers for fewer rooms.
I'm just wondering if you are or have been part of the Disney marketing team. I'm very interested in where people find such detailed information onthe specifics of Disney's marketing policies

I'm just wondering if you are or have been part of the Disney marketing team. I'm very interested in where people find such detailed information onthe specifics of Disney's marketing policies
We watch and learn and share as a community.

Thank I did get comformation email from Disney I do get the gift cards
Travel agent told me can not use them toward room and I get them at check in. I know with this offer there might not be free dinning. I have added DDP.
I am only one going and have done the math thanks. If I dont get free dining I am downgrading to Pop which I told my travel agent and she said she can do this with ease.
Thank u for your input

So excited to go on my third solo trip and second using Dreams Unlimited.
Love Halloween, best time of year to go

Well you're free to do as you wish, but you're giving up a $75/day discount for a $50~ day discount.

You don't actually get charged for your tool until you check out. So, theoretically, you could apply this gift card towards your account and it would come off your total balance. I just don't understand why'd you want to give up $75/night to get a $50 (can't remember exact number for quick service plan) meal plan. You can buy the exact same stuff using the gift card and buy other stuff with the remainder.

We watch and learn and share as a community.
But that doesn't mean that's how things work. I've seen many theories based on what people on these boards observed. To say that is definitely how things work is misleading unless you have some inside knowledge it's all just presumptions and speculations.

First, I imagine Disney has data on how many people typically replace an existing reservation with free dining. They've been at this for a number of years.

Second, if someone is within their 6 month ADR booking window, they really have to book something if they want that 180+10 benefit.

First, I imagine Disney has data on how many people typically replace an existing reservation with free dining. They've been at this for a number of years.

Second, if someone is within their 6 month ADR booking window, they really have to book something if they want that 180+10 benefit.
To your first comment, it hasn't stopped Disney from limiting the FD offer to only resort or room types that are not filling up on their own. Why do you think that not every room type or resort makes the list?

Second - I have never had a problem getting my dining reservations at the 180 day mark during low crowd and FD windows. I don't need the extra 10 days, and I eat at the most popular restaurants.

To your first comment, it hasn't stopped Disney from limiting the FD offer to only resort or room types that are not filling up on their own. Why do you think that not every room type or resort makes the list?

Second - I have never had a problem getting my dining reservations at the 180 day mark during low crowd and FD windows. I don't need the extra 10 days, and I eat at the most popular restaurants.

First - You don't really know if Disney is really making their decision based on current year bookings or historical data. I also have a hunch they know what percentage of current bookings will drop out and go elsewhere when FD is announced.

Second - Glad you never had trouble getting your dining reservations at 180 days. Some people prefer to book all of them in one day instead of one day at a time getting up early to do so. Some people want the hard to get ADRs (like BOG dinner) and need that 180+10 access to get it. Some want a specific time at a specific restaurant. Just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone.

Honestly, if I was looking to go during free dining, I'd hold off until right before my 180 day window, but then I'd book somewhere for the window, regardless of what someone on the internet was telling me to do.

But that doesn't mean that's how things work. I've seen many theories based on what people on these boards observed. To say that is definitely how things work is misleading unless you have some inside knowledge it's all just presumptions and speculations.

Well that's kinda how this works. None of us (as far as I know) are Disney insiders and if they were, I doubt they could share this specific information. So we watch, learn, and test the theories. Are we (and when I say we, I am meaning the dis community)always right, no. Are we usually pretty close, yes. Also, there are insiders who share information with members of this board that gets anonymously passed on to the community. I don't think anyone is saying they have a definite answer, but rather which way trends are going. No one is attempting to mislead anyone, but you're correct, it is mostly speculation, but I strongly disagree with it being misleading.

Honestly, if I was looking to go during free dining, I'd hold off until right before my 180 day window, but then I'd book somewhere for the window, regardless of what someone on the internet was telling me to do.
I am just trying to get people to think this through. I am passing along the same advice that has been offered every year for quite a while by many posters on this board, including folks with inside information who tend to give us advanced knowledge of the offer release dates and resorts.

I am not telling other what to do. As always, do what you wish. But there are consequences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter