Free Dining for August 2011

Thanks for the info! I think we will stick with our regular plan then. I'm sure we save more this way.

I'm loving this forum!

Thanks for the info! I think we will stick with our regular plan then. I'm sure we save more this way.

I'm loving this forum!
Free Dining is almost always a better discount than the Kids Stay and Play Free Discount, even paying rack rate.

I'm loving this forum!

As a GENERAL rule, you'll save more money with a room discount if you stay at a Deluxe hotel - and more money with FD at a Value Resort. You really should check it out both ways to be sure, because the savings can be substantial...
Have a great trip.
Touringplans.com had a great article on this subject: "2011 Dining Plan – Still A Deal?" by Ryan Kilpatrick on February 28, 2011
Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

As a GENERAL rule, you'll save more money with a room discount if you stay at a Deluxe hotel - and more money with FD at a Value Resort. You really should check it out both ways to be sure, because the savings can be substantial...
Have a great trip.
Touringplans.com had a great article on this subject: "2011 Dining Plan – Still A Deal?" by Ryan Kilpatrick on February 28, 2011
Whatever you decide, have a great trip!
The Kids Stay and Play Free Discount that the pp referenced, doesn't include any kind of room discount. The only discount involved with that promo is free tickets for children aged 3 - 9. The kids always stay free anyway, it's just a marketing catch phrase. If your kids are over 9 there is no discount whatsoever. Free Dining is going to be a better discount than the Kids Stay and Play Free Discount, unless you have 4 or more children over the age of 3 and under the age of 9 - which is rare, not unheard of, but rare.

Yes, you're right, PrincessTiffany. You and I were actually posting at the same time. :goodvibes I was really just pointing out that what may seem like the best deal isn't always - and that it's best to "do the math" - but you said it better than I.

No, there are not any current general public free dining offers for May. The next general public free dining offer, which will probably come out in the next month or so, will most likely cover dates for around August 13 - end of September/early October.

I was referred here by a friend who always manages to get the free dining, but never tells me how. If/When the announcement is made for FD, where will the code be posted? the WD website? or will it add auto to the reservation? Thanks so much!

I was referred here by a friend who always manages to get the free dining, but never tells me how. If/When the announcement is made for FD, where will the code be posted? the WD website? or will it add auto to the reservation? Thanks so much!
A discount is never automatically added on to an existing reservation. You have to call and specifically ask for the discount and ask that it be added to your reservations.

The free dining dates and codes are usually leaked here on the DIS the night before or the morning of the announcement, usually before it ever appears on the WDW wedsite. It will hit the Codes and Rates Section of this board and spread like wild fire. Just go over to the Codes and Rates board and subscribe to one of the many free dining threads, so when it is announced, you will be be notified.

Hello ,

I am a new comer to the dis boards and would greatly appreciate any help I could recieve. My DW and 3 kids will be going to Disney World in August 15-24 at POR and I am desperately trying to find out how to access the free dining I have been reading about people receiving. I have tried the P2M code,E2F , and the BN6 (this one apparantely doesnt activate until the end of the month) and none of them work for my dates given.Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thank You.
This was released today:

FREE DINING dates released: Disney Visa holders can book, starting today, free dining packages for the dates of August 28 - September 24, 2011. These free dining dates will open for general public bookings on Monday, May 2. If you check in by September 24, you can receive the free dining discount for your length of stay, up to 14 nights.

http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/o...neapril11.html

Free Dining is almost always a better discount than the Kids Stay and Play Free Discount, even paying rack rate.

Just wanted to add that you must compare the various discounts to determine which is best.

For my upcoming trip the Kids Stay/Play is a better discount than the Free Dining which I was previously booked under. The park tickets for my 2 kids would have cost more than getting the QSDP (which I would then upgrade to the regular DDP).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter