Free Dining Announcement by April 12

I just wanted to ask a question. I have never been to WDW during free dining and I wanted to know how crowded do the parks really get? My DD and I are going from Sept 6-11 and since I am DVC I can't use the free dining so I am wondering if it is really crowded should I change my dates? Just curious. Thanks:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I just wanted to ask a question. I have never been to WDW during free dining and I wanted to know how crowded do the parks really get? My DD and I are going from Sept 6-11 and since I am DVC I can't use the free dining so I am wondering if it is really crowded should I change my dates? Just curious. Thanks:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

After Labor Day the parks are very quiet so you will be okay. We were there last Sept. 7th - 17th and it was so nice not to deal with the crowds (we had free dinning also). We will be there this year from Sept. 7 - 17th. We are staying at the All-Star Sports.

Got my free dining after over an hour and a half wait:banana: The travel agent for Disney Travel just went in the system and deleted my charge for the DP for the week we will be there and it brought my balance WAY DOWN!!:woohoo: Can't wait!!

Goooooood Mooooooooorning !! Happy FREE DINING EVERYONE :cool1:

My ADR are all set.. was on hold forever :sad2: but they are done Yahooooooooooo !!!:dance3:

I think it'll be fine. We were there the last week of Sept last year(doing that again this year) and the first day was HORRIBLE. I mean, so many people on Sat you couldn't see the ground and we were WORRIED. But the next day it was awesome and no more huge crowds the rest of the entire trip(well, unless you were at one of the firework shows or parades, but there are ALWAYS crowds at those). So go and enjoy yourself!!

Oh, it seemed to always be crowded in the Pop Century food court, but once out to the parks it was great :-)

For those that have the privilege of booking, can you confirm? Are the rumors true that it doesn't start until Aug 26? :sad1:

- and, what is the minimum amount of nights? 3, 4, 5?

Free dining will run from 8/26-9/22. It can be booked as of 7am this morning with a Disney Visa Card only. It is rumored to open to the public on 4/12.

For those that have the privilege of booking, can you confirm? Are the rumors true that it doesn't start until Aug 26? :sad1:

- and, what is the minimum amount of nights? 3, 4, 5?

3 night minimum..

Free dining will run from 8/26-9/22. It can be booked as of 7am this morning with a Disney Visa Card only. It is rumored to open to the public on 4/12.

I just changed the dates of my trip from the 18th to the 26th. (much much easier than I thought). When I asked the CM about what would happen if/when the free dining opened to the public, did I have to totally cancel and rebook? He said...."WHEN the package is availabe to the public, all you need to do is call, and we will credit the money from the free dining to your package" That sounds like great news to me!!!!

I always recommend, though, that folks get such verbal assurances in writing.

He said...."WHEN the package is availabe to the public, all you need to do is call, and we will credit the money from the free dining to your package" That sounds like great news to me!!!!

Exactly what we did last year...
We had a trip booked in Januwary for Sept. when free dining came out, we just called and they refunded us... We didn't have to change our reservation or anything! Disney just refunded us over $500!!

Exactly what we did last year...
We had a trip booked in Januwary for Sept. when free dining came out, we just called and they refunded us... We didn't have to change our reservation or anything! Disney just refunded us over $500!!

So the same SHOULD happen to me to then. I'm worried about having the trip insurance. Someone told me that if they (disney) cancels my ressies to make new ones for the free dining plan that I lose out on the $119.00 insurance money. Does anyone know if this is true?

So the same SHOULD happen to me to then. I'm worried about having the trip insurance. Someone told me that if they (disney) cancels my ressies to make new ones for the free dining plan that I lose out on the $119.00 insurance money. Does anyone know if this is true?

He told me he really wasn't "cancelling" anything. Just changing the dates. We kept everything the same except changed the dates. Didn't even need a new ressie number. Everything stayed the same. Same thing when I call back on Thursday...he said nothing will need to be changed...they will just credit the account. (which BTW is about 1400.00 for us!!!!!)

I just got confirmation from our agent at Kingdom Magic and she confirmed it Thursday April 12th Free dinning will be offered to the general public.:cool1: :banana: :dance3: :cheer2:

Pixie Dust for everyone
pixiedust:

I just got off the phone with them. I had booked CBR two preferred rooms...a while ago. I was told at that time that if free dining came out I wouldn't have to chance resorts. Welp...all that was left by the time I called today (about an hour ago) was POR...standard rooms. So he had to rebook us to that resort....to get the free dining. He said there are NO value's left, and only very high priced deluxe resort suites. Does this sound right? That I'd have to switch resorts, and that they'd fill up so quickly everywhere else?

Hope he didn't make me change resorts if I didnt have to :(

But at least we're getting the free dining!!!!!! Saved me about 1600 bucks!

I just got off the phone with them. I had booked CBR two preferred rooms...a while ago. I was told at that time that if free dining came out I wouldn't have to chance resorts. Welp...all that was left by the time I called today (about an hour ago) was POR...standard rooms. So he had to rebook us to that resort....to get the free dining. He said there are NO value's left, and only very high priced deluxe resort suites. Does this sound right? That I'd have to switch resorts, and that they'd fill up so quickly everywhere else?

Hope he didn't make me change resorts if I didnt have to :(

But at least we're getting the free dining!!!!!! Saved me about 1600 bucks!

I have definitely seen several people say the same type of thing on other threads about free dining. A lot of people aren't getting the resorts they wanted. But at least we are getting free dining right? :banana:

I have definitely seen several people say the same type of thing on other threads about free dining. A lot of people aren't getting the resorts they wanted. But at least we are getting free dining right? :banana:

I guess why I'm questioning it is, when I go to the WDW website and try to book a vacation with the CBR preferred room plus free dining..it shows availability?

I think it might depend on what time frame you are going in. For example I have noticed that the threads that have lists of when ppl are actually booked tend to have them either the 1st week of free dining(trying to get a few days in b4 school starts) or have the last couple days of the offer booked so they can enjoy the Food and Wine Festival. I had NO problem booking(adding dining) dead in the middle for a value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts