Free Dining Announcement by April 12

MickeyMaz

Always Remember the Magic
The rumour mill is churning and per Lou Mongello's podcast, Free Dining in August and September is coming back. There might be an anouncement as early as April 12.

Maz:3dglasses

I am sorry, I thought in the World of Disney it went from God to Walt to Mickey to Lou.

Lou Mongello is the author of the Disney World Trivia Books and the host of the WDW Radio Podcast. http://www.wdwradio.com/

Lou is a very dedicated All Things Disney fan and is usually right with his news. If you have a chance, check out his podcast show and if you have notheard any of the Disney Fan Podcasts you don't know what you are missing.

Maz:3dglasses

I suspect that they have no problem getting folks to visit WDW in July, without offering free dining. ;)

True.. but I'd still love a deal too :) I wouldn't be going in July if it wasn't for my husband's company closing down for the week to give everyone a vacation ;)
I suspect that they have no problem getting folks to visit WDW in July, without offering free dining. ;)

Before everyone gets to excited, Rumor has it the date are from August 26 thru Sept 22

Before everyone gets to excited, Rumor has it the date are from August 26 thru Sept 22

which really bites if that's accurate - that's 3 entire weeks shaved off from last years dates! (13 days less in August and 8 days less in September)

We'll still go when planned (29 Sep) and we'll still have a great time, it just would have been nice to have a less expensive package (which for us would mean a resort upgrade - so Disney would still get the same amount of money from us)

Wow, it is good to hear the news from yet another official "unofficial" source! April 12 can't come soon enough!

Also, thanks to the OP for posting about the podcast. My sister had mentioned wdwradio to me before, but I'd never visited. It is awesome!!!!

which really bites if that's accurate - that's 3 entire weeks shaved off from last years dates! (13 days less in August and 8 days less in September)

We'll still go when planned (29 Sep) and we'll still have a great time, it just would have been nice to have a less expensive package (which for us would mean a resort upgrade - so Disney would still get the same amount of money from us)

If the rumor is true (and typically when you hear it from several sources, there is some merit to it), I suspect that Disney was already expecting increased bookings for the Sept. time frame ( especially with the 40% room code offer) and therefore had a few choices:

1. They could have done away with the free dining offer altogether.
2. They could limit availability but keep the same time period intact from last year.
3. The could keep similar availability but limit the time period.

If the rumor is true, it appears that they took option #3 and in my opinion, probably the best choice. Probably the best way to avoid mass cancellations for those people that booked expecting to get in on the free dining.

Just my 2 cents.

I have read on several posts that Disney offers the free dining plan usually the same time each year. During what times do they usually offer it?

Also, if I book a package with the dining plan and then later find out that the dining plan is offered free during my stay how would I get the free plan. Do I need to cancel and rebook? Or will they automatically deduct the amount I paid for dining and give me the free dining.

Really hope that it will be offered when I am going. It would save me like $900.00

Thanks
Dottie

My current plan, if FD is announced, is to check in on September 8th for 14 nites and then book another 14 days starting the 22nd and then start hoping that next year they do not cut the days back further so that we can book in for FD again next year using the same AP. 41 days of Free Dining between 2007-8 plus 10 days at Xmas 2007 and 10 days plus for F&G in 2008. About 61 plus days with my AP's costing about $500 (after taking off my credit card rewards and turning in 2 of my one day tickets) not too bad. :thumbsup2

Not that I am greedy or anything. :lmao:

Slightly Goofy

My current plan, if FD is announced, is to check in on September 8th for 14 nites and then book another 14 days starting the 22nd and then start hoping that next year they do not cut the days back further so that we can book in for FD again next year using the same AP. 41 days of Free Dining between 2007-8 plus 10 days at Xmas 2007 and 10 days plus for F&G in 2008. About 61 plus days with my AP's costing about $500 (after taking off my credit card rewards and turning in 2 of my one day tickets) not too bad. :thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

Hey Slightly,

No time no post? How you been- I haven't seen you the disboards or maybe I am just missing you. Are you staying in the touchdown section again- AS Sports. We are going 9/16-9/23 and staying in one of the surf's up building- which ever preferred they put us in. We will have to get together this year.

Wow, it is good to hear the news from yet another official "unofficial" source! April 12 can't come soon enough!

Also, thanks to the OP for posting about the podcast. My sister had mentioned wdwradio to me before, but I'd never visited. It is awesome!!!!

Since last July, I have been hooked on podcasts. WDWRADIO is just getting back to my top 5. But if you like Lou's podcast, try
1. WDW Today
2. Trapped on Vacation
3. Mouseguest
4. inside the Magic

I actually listen to about 10-12 different Disney Podcasts a week. Mostly while driving or doing repetitive work. They all have their different good qualities.

Maz :3dglasses

*******************************************ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS

Slightly Goofy

you are going to need my treadmill when your done :rotfl:

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but say I checked on say, Sept 20 for 7 nights...would I get free dining my entire stay? :confused3

The CM said when I booked this morning that they should hear about a "DEAL" in the next week or so. As soon as they say they are doing free dining he said I should call back and tell them to apply it to my ressies. I am really excited. I hope it is true.

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but say I checked on say, Sept 20 for 7 nights...would I get free dining my entire stay? :confused3

YES..:cool1: at least that is how it worked last year and the year before

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter