Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

We're booked too! Over Christmas week, Coronado Springs for 1 week. Very excited, have done several Christmases at Disney Paris, looking forward to Christmas in the sun(hopefully!)

Is it possible they did NOT open up more rooms for GP from the DV offer? I had called for DV and they had many rooms at CSR open for my dates (couldn't book 'cause i don't have a DV) and this morning right at 7:30am there was nothing, no open rooms at all for any of my dates. It doesn't look like they opened more rooms to me....?

Is it possible they did NOT open up more rooms for GP from the DV offer? I had called for DV and they had many rooms at CSR open for my dates (couldn't book 'cause i don't have a DV) and this morning right at 7:30am there was nothing, no open rooms at all for any of my dates. It doesn't look like they opened more rooms to me....?

I really dont think they did. Standard view was gone at WL oh well

Thanks to whoever posted the guest services #. I got right thru and they transferred me and it got picked up immediately. After busy signals and dropped calls all morning. I got ASMusic 11/15-21. 2 standard rooms with upgraded dining. Added a day and saved over $1000, still have to do $$$.

First of all thank you very much for the heads up Joe much appreciated.

My wife finally got through to add free quick service dinning to our reservation at the POP, Dec 14-19th, and yes she started at 7am EST time this morning. The first 3 tries got disconnected right when the phone was picked up on the Disney side by the CM. The 4th time was a charm, took about 20 minutes in total. She used 407-934-7639, then again this number was the number given to us in Canada to call to change an existing reservation.

For those of you that have gotten your reservation congratulations and enjoy your vacation. For those of you that haven't don't give up. If you're looking for the POP my wife was told that there are lots of rooms left for the time of year we are going.

Quick tip for anyone who is getting the lines are busy recorded message, wait until you’re disconnected before you hang up because the system will try to reconnect 2 times before hanging up the line. That and speed dial got my wife through to the wait q.

Good luck to everyone. I hope all of you get the reservation that you’re looking for. Have a great afternoon.

I really dont think they did. Standard view was gone at WL oh well

I may have missed but have you called? When I was on hold on the phone this morning, I tried online and it stated no rooms available. However, when I finally got through on the phone, there were!

I want to know this too. I just took a good look at my ressie and it says the same thing as yours. I have an almost 14 yr old and almost 10 yr old. (booked as 14 and 10). They're going to be really disappointed if they're not on the adult DP.

Now you have me freaked out too. I booked with DV and I was told that my son who will be 12 at the time would be classified as adult for the dining plan

He is listed as Guest 3 (12) does not state Child though.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people panicked after the DV promo and pre-booked hoping to just add FD to their reservation. Unfortunately that booked all the rooms, leaving no availability at several resorts.
They don't actually open more rooms, they have an allotment of rooms for DV and an allotment of rooms for GP but if the rooms are all booked, there is no allotment to give. (using hypothetical #'s) EX: resort has 80% availability, they allot a total of 50% of the rooms to FD: 25% of that availability is allotted for DV and 25% allotted for GP. DV books and uses their 25% allotment..........then everyone else comes in and pre-books "hoping" to just add the FD to their room reservation but all they have done is book the resort to capacity leaving no allotment at all to the GP offer.

These are just my thoughts and are not a reflection of anyone else.
I may be totally wrong but I do know that CSR had rooms available in most categories for most dates last week and as of yesterday, CSR was almost totally booked for most dates.

I may have missed but have you called? When I was on hold on the phone this morning, I tried online and it stated no rooms available. However, when I finally got through on the phone, there were!

That is GREAT information!!!

My TA has now been on hold for 5.5 hours. This is unbelievable. How is it possible that they don't have a better system than this?

Now you have me freaked out too. I booked with DV and I was told that my son who will be 12 at the time would be classified as adult for the dining plan

He is listed as Guest 3 (12) does not state Child though.

They will get the Adult dining plan. They are listed as children for the room but will have adult tickets and dining.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people panicked after the DV promo and pre-booked hoping to just add FD to their reservation. Unfortunately that booked all the rooms, leaving no availability at several resorts.
They don't actually open more rooms, they have an allotment of rooms for DV and an allotment of rooms for GP but if the rooms are all booked, there is no allotment to give. (using hypothetical #'s) EX: resort has 80% availability, they allot a total of 50% of the rooms to FD: 25% of that availability is allotted for DV and 25% allotted for GP. DV books and uses their 25% allotment..........then everyone else comes in and pre-books "hoping" to just add the FD to their room reservation but all they have done is book the resort to capacity leaving no allotment at all to the GP offer.

These are just my thoughts and are not a reflection of anyone else.
I may be totally wrong but I do know that CSR had rooms available in most categories for most dates last week and as of yesterday, CSR was almost totally booked for most dates.

I agree with you and think this is likely what happened. CSR had lots of room, then nothing. Almost sure it was from people switching to CSR since they knew POR & POFQ would not be there... no longer FD rooms to offer. Sad. Will have to keep checking for cancellations I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter