Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

You should be able to check availability of other resorts online using the promotion through 8/8. Make sure you are going through the link on the special offers page in order to see the discount reflected.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

I was able to check dates after 8/8. They have a option button for special dining offer once you select a resort.

Special Offer
Package with a Dining Plan

I'm in! My TA is a saint and got me CBR 9/23-9/30. Now for my air which should be $649 for 2 round trip on Jetblue. Excited already and not even out of the triple digits yet. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Have her do what everyone else is doing - say new reservation and agent.

The TA line is different from the customer line. Does it work the same way? Now that she's been on hold for so long I'd the for her to have to start all over??? I saw posts on FB by other agents saying that the TA line is always several hours of holding on FD day.

The TA line is different from the customer line. Does it work the same way? Now that she's been on hold for so long I'd the for her to have to start all over??? I saw posts on FB by other agents saying that the TA line is always several hours of holding on FD day.

What resort are you hoping to get?

What resort are you hoping to get?

We are booked at BCR but we need to move from GV CL room to just a GV room (or standard) and add FD. My sister's family is at CBR and hoping to just apply FD to theirs. BCR is showing completely sold out...but not when you take away the FD offer. Then it shows rooms. It feels like it's all so messed up!

Quick question. I originally had the MM promo but when I switched to FD I decided to purchase it. Previously MM wouldn't show in MDE due to promo but now since I purchased it, it does. My question is though, is it supposed to show up in the app. I can't see it there. Oh & I have one other question, is it automatically linked since I purchased it & shows up?

Sorry I don't mean to change the subject from FD. I'm just a little confused. :)

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people panicked after the DV promo and pre-booked hoping to just add FD to their reservation. Unfortunately that booked all the rooms, leaving no availability at several resorts.
They don't actually open more rooms, they have an allotment of rooms for DV and an allotment of rooms for GP but if the rooms are all booked, there is no allotment to give. (using hypothetical #'s) EX: resort has 80% availability, they allot a total of 50% of the rooms to FD: 25% of that availability is allotted for DV and 25% allotted for GP. DV books and uses their 25% allotment..........then everyone else comes in and pre-books "hoping" to just add the FD to their room reservation but all they have done is book the resort to capacity leaving no allotment at all to the GP offer.

These are just my thoughts and are not a reflection of anyone else.
I may be totally wrong but I do know that CSR had rooms available in most categories for most dates last week and as of yesterday, CSR was almost totally booked for most dates.

Thinking about this more.... if POR was left out of the offer due to the pre-booking then many panic and move to CSR (leaving very limited space there for GP), is it possible Disney might open POR later for FD? It seems like there are hardly any rooms to even offer to the GP with all these resorts / rooms not being available. Unless of course that is what they are going for.

Thinking about this more.... if POR was left out of the offer due to the pre-booking then many panic and move to CSR (leaving very limited space there for GP), is it possible Disney might open POR later for FD? It seems like there are hardly any rooms to even offer to the GP with all these resorts / rooms not being available. Unless of course that is what they are going for.

That usually doesn't happen. Not saying never, but it usually doesn't. Even if people cancel the FD reservation at a resort it doesn't automatically go back in the FD pool. It normally goes back in the regular pool.

I was one of the people who booked earlier with the Canadian link. I got a little nervous despite the fact that nothing in my confirmation indicated I had to be a Canadian resident, so for gags I checked the website again a few minutes ago to see if I could get what I wanted the old fashioned way. Grabbed CBR standard with Free Dining with no problems at all for the dates I wanted. :thumbsup2 On the phone now waiting to cancel my earlier reservation.

I've had virtually no problems getting what I wanted, both at 7 am and just now. My dates must not be very popular? :confused3 Either way, hope everyone gets what they want, I wish you guys could have it as easy as I did!

I think they are trying to wean people off FD. I think S/P/D and RO costs them less. POR is included in the RO discount in September.

No the TA line does not work the same way as the public lines. So the way others are doing it is not going to work for your TA.

took my 3 hours and 40 minutes but I got free dinning at POP oct 26- nov 2nd :)

I'm going to POP those same dates :thumbsup2

By the way, I cancelled my original reservation and asked to transfer what I paid to the new reservation and they said no problem, anyone know around how long it takes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter