Free Dining 2008 Watch

Why is everybody going to POP? I booked sports and now I am worried that I picked the wrong hotel. Any advice...
I personally like POP better than Sports, but Sports is OK too. I'm a big sports fan, so I really like the theme. The only resort I don't particularly like is All Star Music ... it's way too spread out!

We are going 9/20-9/27 staying at POR Riverside. We wanted POFQ but there wasn't any availablility. At first I was bummed but now I am excited to try someplace new. We also had to be a little more flexible with our dining reservations. I didn't book our trip until the 11th so I was a bit surprised that so many of the restaurants had already filled up. Again, a great time to try someplace new. We will be celebrating our daughter's first birthday so we're really excited about that too. :goodvibes

i just switched to POP! I heard some people say alot of teenagers and school groups stay at sports which makes it a little crazy. We have two little boys 3 and 7. And don't want alot of out of control teens running about. Hope I made the right decision. But as long as I am at disney who cares where I sleep.

This will be our fifth stay @ POP and I think the main reason we usually choose it is simply due to familiarity as it's the only value we've ever stayed in...that and the icee machines!

I stayed at the port orleans riverside last year and loved it except for the fact that we were on the second floor and there are no elevators. We carried the stroller and kids and bags up the stairs everytime we left. Not too big of a deal.

I love POP......we stayed there 2 years ago, and I was scared to death to stay there because we stayed at one of the All Star resorts for a couple of nights back in 2002 and I just didn't like it, I have stayed Deluxe to Value and I fell in love with POP, I love walking around hearing the music play, I loved the frozen coke machines, I loved the goofy jets, the pool, I just loved it, the bus service there is INCREDIBLE!!!! I also think with POP, well with me anyway, it was the newest of the values and the newest hotel Disney had built in awhile and I kept reading such good stuff about it, so in 2006 we gave it a try and I just loved it, my whole family did!!!!

I just found out the free dining was open as I've been checking every few weeks. I tried a trial package online at Pop for 9/20-9/28 and it's giving it to me. At first it didn't but I forgot to select 2 adults instead of the 1 that was pregenerated.

I need to talk to dh tonight to make certain of the dates before I book. Is there a reason why I'm able to get it and others aren't. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled but it concerns me that I'm doing something wrong.

I just found out the free dining was open as I've been checking every few weeks. I tried a trial package online at Pop for 9/20-9/28 and it's giving it to me. At first it didn't but I forgot to select 2 adults instead of the 1 that was pregenerated.

I need to talk to dh tonight to make certain of the dates before I book. Is there a reason why I'm able to get it and others aren't. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled but it concerns me that I'm doing something wrong.

I think they've just added more rooms for the promotion, so if you book quickly, you can get rooms that were not available before.

If you keep checking back from time to time, there are cancellations. That's how I got into Pop last year!

This will be our fifth stay @ POP and I think the main reason we usually choose it is simply due to familiarity as it's the only value we've ever stayed in...that and the icee machines!

Hi~ I finally found you..this thread is so long I couldn't find your message earlier and didn't get to respond~ but anyway..

YES I am the one you saw at LeCellier that night with the LGMH tag on my baggallini!! :yay:

We are going back September 20-27 staying at POR for the first time!!

I stayed at the port orleans riverside last year and loved it except for the fact that we were on the second floor and there are no elevators. We carried the stroller and kids and bags up the stairs everytime we left. Not too big of a deal.
We are at POR this time as it's the only moderate we have left to try. I'm really looking forward to it :).

I am new to this site and apologize if this question has been addressed elsewhere but I could not find it. Anyway, I have already booked my trip for September 19th by buying someone's DVC points and have already bought my park hopper pass. Does the free dining plan still apply in this case? Thanks for your help!

I just added 2 more days! OI couldnt resist we were going to be there anyway at universal so now we are just doing disney and adding 2 days plus water parks!

I am new to this site and apologize if this question has been addressed elsewhere but I could not find it. Anyway, I have already booked my trip for September 19th by buying someone's DVC points and have already bought my park hopper pass. Does the free dining plan still apply in this case? Thanks for your help!

You must purchase the magic your way hotel and ticket package. In other words, you have to stay at a qualifying value, moderate, or deluxe hotel and purchase a minimum one day ticket. Sorry, no free dining for DVC stays.

I wish I could have done that too!!!!

We will stay at POP this year, we have stayed there already 3 times, and I like more than the others because the bus is only POP's and not shared like the other all stars. Now, I like the others as well, it all depends who is going and what you like. I guess since the POP is also a little bit newer than the others it shows. But i like them all. Hey its Disney!

About teenagers and noise, I think all the ALLs-Stars as well as POP have the same kind of visitors, and One think I didnt like last time was that everyday of our stay, they pressured washed the pool area and started that awful noise at 8AM!!!! AHHHHH But hey, We needed to get up anyway, to take advantage of Disney, right? So it was not a big deal.

Can anyone tell me what kind of Food Hoop Dee Doo review has????? Never been there ever maybe when I was kid but have no clue! This is family's first visit to H D D R ! Any information would be appreciated! :thumbsup2

For those staying at All Stars that are worried, don't be. I am staying at Pop this year because I like to stay at a different resort each year. I have stayed at all 3 All Stars and enjoyed them all. They have all been recently renovated and the rooms are very nice. As for the buses, I have never had a problem. When I have been there they have always had their own dedicated bus for morning pickup and for return from the parks at night. The only time I ever remember sharing was when we came back to the resort in the middle of the day. The Magical Express bus also stopped at all 3 when coming from and leaving for the airport.

Can anyone tell me what kind of Food Hoop Dee Doo review has????? Never been there ever maybe when I was kid but have no clue! This is family's first visit to H D D R ! Any information would be appreciated! :thumbsup2

YUMMY!

Actually, I remember fried chicken...ribs...and corn on the cob.

I also remember that my father mentioned to the server that he doesn't like strawberries... but when I was growing up he would eat the shortcake and the whipped cream (and he's a diabetic)... so the server brought him just that - the shortcake and the whipped cream. Dad was in his glory!

This year we are going to H D D R on September 16th. It will be my 14th wedding anniverary and my parent's 41st wedding anniversary (we were married on their anniversary). So, we are hoping to hoop it up at the H D D R with my parents and our three children!

is there a cost difference if you choose the deluxe dining- (3 meals and 2 snacks) over the basic dining-(1 snack,1 counter and 1 meal)?

I guess what I'm asking is..are you having to pay for the admission to select Grand Gathering experiences and if so how much more. I figure all dining would be free under the MUW package no matter how many meals, snacks and stuff...or am I way off bases on this one...

Any insight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter