Free Dining 2008 Watch

We haven't been able to book yet d/t not knowing when we can get time off from work :sad2: ...does anyone know if they release more value rooms for FD later on? We would really like to stay at ASMu...

my TA said only Sports is left. Originally I was placed in sports but was fortunate to get Pop when she glanced back and saw an opening. Openings may occur later its not completely ruled out, but I'd really hurry.

Right now they aren't showing any values available on line :sad2: do they have different rooms available if I were to call the 407 number?

Right now they aren't showing any values available on line :sad2: do they have different rooms available if I were to call the 407 number?

They probably won't release any more rooms. But, don't give up hope. A lot of people will change their minds...change their plans as time goes on. The offer is good through June 22. I am sure something will open up in the next 2 months. You just have to be persistent and call/go online everyday if you have to.

The same thing happened last year. The plan was open to the public on April 12, 2007. I booked two packages on April 14, 2007 for ASSports. One for me, and the other for my friend. Well, my friend told his sister about it and she decided that she wanted to go. So, I called first thing Monday, April 16, 2007 and was told that there were no more rooms available at the values. I told her and she decided not to go. After reading on here that Pop was the best value resort,(That's debatable)I called back in June to try to switch resorts, and guess what? I was able to. Which means that they had those 2 rooms available and 2 rooms opened up at ASSports for someone else. Be patient. Like Kycha said, don't give up hope. :thumbsup2

Has anyone taken a look at their online reservations (waltdisneyworld.com)...mine still don't mention the free dining. However, when I last spoke to a CM on the phone they said I had FD. :confused3

Hi, I just checked my reservation on WDW online, and it does not show that I have the Dining Package. My printed confirmation from my e-mail definately shows the Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining. I think I remember this from one of our other 'Free Dining' Trips. The online reservation doesn't seem to show all the package info. I always have my printed confirmation with me and ready to show at check-in.:)

We haven't been able to book yet d/t not knowing when we can get time off from work :sad2: ...does anyone know if they release more value rooms for FD later on? We would really like to stay at ASMu...

Most depend on when you are going. I just booked online POP 9/2 thru 9/7 no problem. only had standard room not preferred.

Most depend on when you are going. I just booked online POP 9/2 thru 9/7 no problem. only had standard room not preferred.

We are going 8/24-8/30. It must be a popular week because it booked up fast. Right now the only things left are ASsports, CBR & CS for Values and moderates. I don't think anyone wants to go to CBR with the main pool being refurbished.

Just a question, maybe it has been asnwered before. but here it is, the CM told me that if you cancel CRT within 24 hrs from the ADR time, that they will bill you for the entire thing. Not a penalty but the whole meal... or the 2 TS you were going to use for it.

Now, Have there been anyone here that has been charged for such??? I know at the BBB if you don't show up they charge you 10.00 only for not showing or canceling 24hrs ahead. How true is this?

anyone?:confused3 I am unsure if I will do CRT on 08/28 or 08/30 so i booked both, so when I decide we cancel the other, hope to decide on time though...:confused:

Okay, I am so excited that I just have to post. I happened to be talking with my brother a few days ago about how I had read at disboards that the free dining plan has been opened up to the public in April. A little while later he excitedly told me that he had come to this site and found that it was open. We immediately went to work on booking three rooms - one for each of our families, and one for my parents. We normally go to WDW in Sept. as my son is homeschooled and my nephew gets a school break that mo. This fantastic deal makes it even more exciting. So here's our plan:

Pop Century 9/6-9/14 (8 nights) standard rooms

reservations at:
Tusker House
Liberty Tree Tavern
Japanese Steakhouse (can't remember the exact name)
a restaurant at the Yacht club (again can't remember the exact name)
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Canada
Crystal Palace
Ohana

This is such a blessing. I can't believe that we got in. My mom told my aunt about it and she wanted in, of course. I called tonight and got her in with my parents in their room. This is fantastic. Thanks Disboards!

Okay, I am so excited that I just have to post. I happened to be talking with my brother a few days ago about how I had read at disboards that the free dining plan has been opened up to the public in April. A little while later he excitedly told me that he had come to this site and found that it was open. We immediately went to work on booking three rooms - one for each of our families, and one for my parents. We normally go to WDW in Sept. as my son is homeschooled and my nephew gets a school break that mo. This fantastic deal makes it even more exciting. So here's our plan:

Pop Century 9/6-9/14 (8 nights) standard rooms

reservations at:
Tusker House
Liberty Tree Tavern
Japanese Steakhouse (can't remember the exact name)
a restaurant at the Yacht club (again can't remember the exact name)
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Canada
Crystal Palace
Ohana

This is such a blessing. I can't believe that we got in. My mom told my aunt about it and she wanted in, of course. I called tonight and got her in with my parents in their room. This is fantastic. Thanks Disboards!

Reading your post. Makes me so happy for you, and your family. Have a magical vacation!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

I called on April 10th at 6:59 am. I waited an hour and a half on the phone. I already had my trip booked I just wanted to add free dining. At that point 8:30 am the Movies was gone. I had to upgrade to a prefered room. I was thinking about it anyway so that is okay. I also upgraded to the deluxe dining plan. We have ressies everywhere.

Hollywood and Vine
Fantasmic Package
1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Storybook Princess
Liberty Tree Tavern
Cinderella's Royal Table
1900 Park Fare Dinner
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey's

I even got all the times I wanted!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I just got off the phone with a wonderful CM, Persia. I booked my reservation in January at the cost of $2259.60. Now I have free dining. The total, $1669.82.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Another anniversary gift from Disney. And thanks to the Disboards, since I wouldn't have known anything about free dining without it!!!:grouphug:
The phone # I used was 407-828-8101.

I am so excited, I had a HUGE issue with a "fill in" TA at AAA on Thursday, my regular one was on vacation, so I didn't end up getting a hold of her until 3:00on thursday afternoon and of course by then Pop was sold out, and it took her calling Disney 3 times because she kept telling me that there is no such thing as free dining, so after an hour of convincing her that free dining is real I got booked at CBR........so I spent most of thursday in tears.....Well "MY" TA called me first thing this morning and had Disney on the other line and said Pop was available with free dining for my week.....so WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!!! SEPT. 19TH - SEPT.27TH.....WHOOOO HOOOOOO

I am so excited, I had a HUGE issue with a "fill in" TA at AAA on Thursday, my regular one was on vacation, so I didn't end up getting a hold of her until 3:00on thursday afternoon and of course by then Pop was sold out, and it took her calling Disney 3 times because she kept telling me that there is no such thing as free dining, so after an hour of convincing her that free dining is real I got booked at CBR........so I spent most of thursday in tears.....Well "MY" TA called me first thing this morning and had Disney on the other line and said Pop was available with free dining for my week.....so WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!!! SEPT. 19TH - SEPT.27TH.....WHOOOO HOOOOOO

I just got Pop too. A preferred room from 8/24-8/30:banana: I had booked asmo which I was OK with....but , I truly wanted Pop:woohoo:

Why is everybody going to POP? I booked sports and now I am worried that I picked the wrong hotel. Any advice...

Why is everybody going to POP? I booked sports and now I am worried that I picked the wrong hotel. Any advice...

I am starting to think the samething. I booked at ASMO. I have never been to WDW so I would not know what the big deal is.

Personally I have only stayed at Pop (this will be our second trip) and I don't really know what the hype for it is. The main thing that Pop has going for it (which is the reason we chose to stay there again) is the fact that they have a dedicated bus line as the All-Stars share buses.... this is only a big deal to us as we have a wheelchair and a ECV in our party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter