Free buses

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
We like to get to the park as early as possible. Apparently at the campsites you also need to take a bus to get to the bus to other parks? Do the buses from the campsites run earlier than the buses to the parks? Also is there a bus to Magic Kingdom or do you have to take the ferry?

We like to get to the park as early as possible. Apparently at the campsites you also need to take a bus to get to the bus to other parks? Do the buses from the campsites run earlier than the buses to the parks? Also is there a bus to Magic Kingdom or do you have to take the ferry?

I will answer what I can.

1. Yes there is an internal bus system in the Fort that will take you to the Outpost, The Meadows (trading post and pool), and the Settlement.

2. I am not sure the exact time they start running but I want to say around 630a. I know someone here will know the right time.

3. Normally to get to MK you take an internal bus to the Settlement and boat to the MK. Going to all other parks, Disney Springs, Water Parks you take an internal bus to the Outpost and a bus from there.

Are you camping or getting a Cabin?

You will get a map a check in but here are the 3 bus routes. They are colored Yellow, Orange, and Purple.

Ask before the day of for the approximate time for the bus to get to the park. I've found that to get to AK, it's significantly faster to drive than it is to take the Disney transportation (bus). For the others, we usually take Disney Transportation. Also if you do drive to a park and then park-hop, be mindful of the closing times as you might find that the trolleys to the parking lots aren't running anymore. (I think this is less of an issue now as I think the parks all close around the same time - before some parks had much earlier closing times (e.g. I think AK used to close around 6PM during the winter while MK was open until 11PM and you'd end up having problems getting back to your car).

Last edited:
Found a couple of things that might help you. First, this interactive web site might help or it might just be information over load.
https://magicguides.com/disney-world-transportation-map/
Also, in the My Disney Experience app the next bus to depart for a specific park will be available. It only shows buses, apparently, on your check in day and during the length of your reservation. I'm still learning this one, because you can only view/use it during an active reservation period.

Here's a link from My Disney Experience "Resort Activities" drop down menu for buses:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/and for water transportation:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/bus-transportation/
As somebody above stated, we found it easier to drive to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood. As Annual Pass Holders parking is free. Just be careful when following your car's GPS. Many roads have been relocated, changed or are new and the GPS update (if you've done one) may not include the new roads.

Finally, at each internal bus stop for Yellow, Purple, or Orange there is (or used to be) a posted schedule for each direction. This may NOT be accurate due the new Resort construction next to FW. I'd ask at the front desk.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your visit.

With the Construction on the new hotel at the Settlement, Buses no longer use the West Wilderness Road, (This is the Purple Route). So the Orange Route and Purple Routes are Combined into one Big Long Route (10 Stops). The Yellow Route (has 6 stops) now will exit the Campground after the Outpost and take the Vista Blvd and World drive to the main entrance for Wilderness Lodge.

Magic Kingdom Buses Stops at the Settlement Bus Stop starting at 4 pm and run till the last Hoop De Do Show lets out

There used to be a bus from the Settlement to Wilderness Lodge and Magic Kingdom. Not sure if it still runs.

There used to be a bus from the Settlement to Wilderness Lodge and Magic Kingdom. Not sure if it still runs.

It doesn’t, roadway between Settlement and Wilderness Lodge is closed due to Construction. See my post above for more information

It doesn’t, roadway between Settlement and Wilderness Lodge is closed due to Construction. See my post above for more information

Plus as other said, the Fort bus didn't proceed to MK after stopping at WL. You still had to get off the bus at WL and transfer to a different bus to get to MK.

Wish going to MK was a straight shot with one stop, tho.

Bama Ed

Honestly, just drive (if you have a car) to the 'other' 3 parks. Take the boat to MK. Parking is free for resort guests. We found it's just easier and simpler to drive than to figure out (& wait for) the buses.

Above PP is right about the re-routed roads and the GPS though. If there's a difference between the road signs and your GPS, follow the signs. We didn't our first day and ended up driving around in circles to get back on the 'main road' then to AK. The 'pilot' (nDH) kept blaming the 'navigator' (me) and I blamed the GPS. WW3 was narrowly avoided and we still got there in time for EMH. It's funny now, but it wasn't funny then!

Since they combined the Purple/Orange Bus Service loops they are less than reliable and can take much longer to get to your destination. The other day we were told by the 1st bus driver to wait for the "next bus", told the same thing by the 2nd bus driver, and eventually boarded the 3rd bus which was the original 1st bus. The frustrating thing is this happened more than once during our stay. Seems like even the bus drivers are confused. All we were trying to do was get to the Settlement to catch the boat. What a mess! Talk about wasted time. If you have a car, drive it. Or, if you have a bike ride it to the Settlement or Outpost. You'll get there before the bus- LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter