FP+ Details Are Out!

eff, we're getting married November 8th and we were seriously keeping our all our fingers crossed FP+ would not be out yet. There goes that.....we're going to be SOL because for the wedding we got AP vouchers that we'll be using on our trip and since they aren't active yet, we won't be able to make any FP+ selections for out 10+ day vacation. This sucks the big one.

eff, we're getting married November 8th and we were seriously keeping our all our fingers crossed FP+ would not be out yet. There goes that.....we're going to be SOL because for the wedding we got AP vouchers that we'll be using on our trip and since they aren't active yet, we won't be able to make any FP+ selections for out 10+ day vacation. This sucks the big one.

Some have suggested that you might be able to enter the voucher numbers once FP+ gets going.

I may be wrong, and the info I'm trying to remember may be wrong, but it seems like I've heard it said that the vouchers can be entered into the MDX when it's all active. So, you shouldn't be completely without options. Hope that helps at least a little. pixiedust:

I may be wrong, and the info I'm trying to remember may be wrong, but it seems like I've heard it said that the vouchers can be entered into the MDX when it's all active. So, you shouldn't be completely without options. Hope that helps at least a little. pixiedust:
All the exchange certificates I've had so far have the same ticket codes on them that regular tickets had before the RFID changes, and there is a place to enter them on the site. Whether it will take vouchers or not is another story, but they've always taken voucher numbers for granting access to the passholder web site. I don't know if anyone has tried a voucher yet.

I had registered my vouchers before the first MDX switchover. That "affiliation" carried over after the switchover, and then was replaced with the actual AP and expiration date once I had activated them.

Passes on will-call pickup are another matter...it appears that will-call confirmation letters will contain a code, but I don't know if those have started yet.

That would be awesome! I know I've tried to enter the vouchers into the regular site before, but it you received them after a certain date the website couldn't accept them, and that's where we fell. So currently I don't have access to anything pass holder related. Let's keep our fingers crossed it works in MDX!

That would be awesome! I know I've tried to enter the vouchers into the regular site before, but it you received them after a certain date the website couldn't accept them, and that's where we fell. So currently I don't have access to anything pass holder related. Let's keep our fingers crossed it works in MDX!

Yeah, that's the "old" system, which apparently is left over. You'd need to try and link them to your MDX profile instead as if they were a regular ticket. However, I STILL don't recommend doing it until you know you need to.

All the exchange certificates I've had so far have the same ticket codes on them that regular tickets had before the RFID changes, and there is a place to enter them on the site. Whether it will take vouchers or not is another story, but they've always taken voucher numbers for granting access to the passholder web site. I don't know if anyone has tried a voucher yet.

I had registered my vouchers before the first MDX switchover. That "affiliation" carried over after the switchover, and then was replaced with the actual AP and expiration date once I had activated them.

Passes on will-call pickup are another matter...it appears that will-call confirmation letters will contain a code, but I don't know if those have started yet.
Well if it helps....

I had linked our will-call 8 day hopper tickets to our ressie last week

Got the big pop up saying that FP+ and MDE were live this morning when I went to purchase PP+ So I jumped on it...

I was able to reserve FP+ times for my whole family this morning...not that we'll get to actually use them because apparently Disney's IT department can't figure out how to only reserve access for only those "invited" and so far no email...:rolleyes2

I am so completely unenchanted with all of this. I know I should be more optimistic, but I am just not feeling it. I don't want to plan my fast passes!!! End of story!:headache:

Well haven't they said AP holders are only going to get 20 per quarter anyway? So,I'm not sure how it will all work with APs in the beginning and they just remain standard FP eligible.

Well haven't they said AP holders are only going to get 20 per quarter anyway? So,I'm not sure how it will all work with APs in the beginning and they just remain standard FP eligible.

That was an unsubstantiated rumor posted by someone who isn't on the boards any more.

They haven't specified limits on AP holders yet.

That was an unsubstantiated rumor posted by someone who isn't on the boards any more.

They haven't specified limits on AP holders yet.

I didn't realize that. Well at least that is a bit of a load off my mind. That has been really bothering me since I read it. Thanks!

Does this whole FP+ project remind anyone else of the biggest, strongest, fastest, most unsinkable ship of her time...?

FP+ is linked to your theme park ticket, not your accomodation. It doesn't matter if you're on or off site.

Due to cost, we have decided to stay off site 2014. Does this mean we will not get FP at all? Sorry if this has been answered, I cannot find it. Thanks

If we cannot get them at all when staying off site, why do I want to go to WDW, wait standby for everything? That will not make me a happy consumer at all--even if I am staying offsite, I am still buying a ticket to that park. Ugh.

I used UT to purchase tickets; used Travelocity for our resort stay (POP / AKL); as of this evening everything is now linked in MDE. Like many others, I happened to see an option to make FP+ selections and to order customized MagicBands. After separating my daughters (who'd have thought, both wanted pink) I looked at my arrival date (8/17) and selected Soaring, Test Track, and Character Spot for FP+. As some have reported, I then had to choose from among four sets of arrival times. Since we'll be arriving mid-afternoon I opted for evening attraction arrival times.

While there's no way we'll arrive any earlier, I started thinking. What would happen if we did make rope drop? I suppose since I've already made my FP+ selections for that evening, then my family and I would be riding standby on everything that morning (assuming no change in our FP+ plans). No traditional FPs for us, correct?

Mitch_in_GA said:
I used UT to purchase tickets; used Travelocity for our resort stay (POP / AKL); as of this evening everything is now linked in MDE. Like many others, I happened to see an option to make FP+ selections and to order customized MagicBands. After separating my daughters (who'd have thought, both wanted pink) I looked at my arrival date (8/17) and selected Soaring, Test Track, and Character Spot for FP+. As some have reported, I then had to choose from among four sets of arrival times. Since we'll be arriving mid-afternoon I opted for evening attraction arrival times.

While there's no way we'll arrive any earlier, I started thinking. What would happen if we did make rope drop? I suppose since I've already made my FP+ selections for that evening, then my family and I would be riding standby on everything that morning (assuming no change in our FP+ plans). No traditional FPs for us, correct?

So you were allowed to pick Test Track and Soarin? I didn't think you were allowed to pick two big attractions. That's good news.

One thing I noticed is that I recently booked the Dolphin and the Disney site won't let me link the hotel. Therefore it appears Dolphin/Swan folks who book outside of the Disney website are not eligible for FP+.

One thing I noticed is that I recently booked the Dolphin and the Disney site won't let me link the hotel. Therefore it appears Dolphin/Swan folks who book outside of the Disney website are not eligible for FP+.

Based on the info Disney has released, FP+ is not tied to the hotel in which you are staying, it's tied to your ticket.

Based on the info Disney has released, FP+ is not tied to the hotel in which you are staying, it's tied to your ticket.

So you're saying I could buy 2 tickets from UT and link them to My Disney Experience w/o a hotel on there and I get to select my FP+ rides?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter