FP+ Details Are Out!

The same as they are now:confused3. This is one of those ..."it aint broke dont fix it".

Not quite...I think they are talking about the FP+ kiosks, not the existing ones. It does not appear that the old kiosks will survive.

So, right now the plan appears to be for far fewer kiosks. Therefore the lines would be longer just on that.

Even if they replace them one-for-one, if they all offer the same thing - scan, pick attraction, pick available time - then the transactions themselves will also take just as long.

Unless they offer an equivalent to the current kiosks - scan and get next available at the given attraction - I'm not sure how it will be the same as it is now.

Not quite...I think they are talking about the FP+ kiosks, not the existing ones. It does not appear that the old kiosks will survive.

So, right now the plan appears to be for far fewer kiosks. Therefore the lines would be longer just on that.

Even if they replace them one-for-one, if they all offer the same thing - scan, pick attraction, pick available time - then the transactions themselves will also take just as long.

Unless they offer an equivalent to the current kiosks - scan and get next available at the given attraction - I'm not sure how it will be the same as it is now.

I don't like to take my phone out of my bag at all while I'm in the parks. I really only do so when I need to call someone or text someone in our party. But I will find a way to have my phone out more if it means avoiding those kiosk lines. It will be torturous to be behind a big group trying to decide not just whether to take the FP the machine spits out......... but choosing WHICH attraction and WHICH time. :scared1:

I guess I just need to shop for all new pants with bigger pockets. Ladies shorts all have these short little pockets that you can't even fit a phone into. I lost a phone out of my shorts pocket on Star Tours once, and now I'm paranoid about putting my phone in my pocket unless it's a really deep pocket.

The same as they are now:confused3. This is one of those ..."it aint broke dont fix it".

I thought this was a great idea at first but I thought it would be coupled with FP-, book some ahead and get others as you wander around if they were available.

I guess we will find a way to make it work, but we too are in the camp that we like our phones but would not like to have to use them on vacation. SO far everything I see is saying differently.

We will make it work but it just doesnt seem like a well thought out plan.

No no I am talking about the new (yet to be seen) FP areas where the guests go when they need a different FP due to rides being down, etc. I like the way things are now (well actually I preferred them when I could use my FP anytime after the stated time) but it's not my name on the park entrance so I don't get to decide what happens and I am trying to do things to make it work for me and again if that means using my smartphone more in the parks to avoid extra lines then I can do that.

Liz

So, I am barely following this FP+ Magicband stuff. I am not sure I like it, but we'll see. It appears as though Disney is asking guests to test this system and asking them about 2 weeks before their trip...no? DH and I are going for 3 days in October...I wouldn't mind trying it then. Should I figure we may be asked to try it out about 2 weeks before our trip or could it be sooner....could it be completely rolled out by then? We also go for 5 days in December with DH's family (15 of us in total), so we'd like to try it out before we go on that trip.

So, I am barely following this FP+ Magicband stuff. I am not sure I like it, but we'll see. It appears as though Disney is asking guests to test this system and asking them about 2 weeks before their trip...no? DH and I are going for 3 days in October...I wouldn't mind trying it then. Should I figure we may be asked to try it out about 2 weeks before our trip or could it be sooner....could it be completely rolled out by then? We also go for 5 days in December with DH's family (15 of us in total), so we'd like to try it out before we go on that trip.

All good questions .. Right now no answers ..

I posted this on another thread, but it might be more appropriate here.
We have a large group going in December (for my wedding :-). Some have bought tickets from Undercover Tourist, some will get them from Disney, and DF and I were given AP vouchers as part of the wedding package. Will the UT tickets and the AP vouchers be able to become Magicbands before we get there? I'd hate to lose out on the advance benefits of FP+

Thanks so much!

Tamara

For those of us who have booked packages with Disney for 2014, when do you think they will start sending the magic bands to our homes? I'd really like to choose the color of my magic band. Is there somewhere on the MDE where can I do this already?

I posted this on another thread, but it might be more appropriate here.
We have a large group going in December (for my wedding :-). Some have bought tickets from Undercover Tourist, some will get them from Disney, and DF and I were given AP vouchers as part of the wedding package. Will the UT tickets and the AP vouchers be able to become Magicbands before we get there? I'd hate to lose out on the advance benefits of FP+

Thanks so much!

Tamara

IF (and that's a big if... ;) ) it is fully rolled out by then, then they all should be.

If they are all staying on site, they should all get MagicBands by default. If not, Disney has said they would make them available for purchase.

MagicBands will NOT be required for FP+ anyways. Whatever ticket media you have, as long as it is RFID, will work for FP+. If they are not RFID, they will need to convert them to RFID media at a ticket booth.

The challenge will be in trying to organize any FP+ choices in advance, since tickets will need to be registered online to do that.

IF (and that's a big if... ;) ) it is fully rolled out by then, then they all should be.

If they are all staying on site, they should all get MagicBands by default. If not, Disney has said they would make them available for purchase.

MagicBands will NOT be required for FP+ anyways. Whatever ticket media you have, as long as it is RFID, will work for FP+. If they are not RFID, they will need to convert them to RFID media at a ticket booth.

The challenge will be in trying to organize any FP+ choices in advance, since tickets will need to be registered online to do that.

Ahhhh. I haven't registered the tickets that have already been purchased so it sounds like I should do that - I was planning on it anyway. Glad to know you don't have to have the MagicBands for FP+ but since I won't activate our AP until we get there (currently in voucher form) I wonder what to do about that. We are all staying on property.

Normally I wouldn't really worry about such things but our time is limited and I'm really trying to make things extra special for our family and friends who may not make it back to Disney.

Thanks for your help. It's all a bit confusing, but I'll try and keep up :-)

Tamara

Ahhhh. I haven't registered the tickets that have already been purchased so it sounds like I should do that - I was planning on it anyway. Glad to know you don't have to have the MagicBands for FP+ but since I won't activate our AP until we get there (currently in voucher form) I wonder what to do about that. We are all staying on property.

Normally I wouldn't really worry about such things but our time is limited and I'm really trying to make things extra special for our family and friends who may not make it back to Disney.

Thanks for your help. It's all a bit confusing, but I'll try and keep up :-)

Tamara

I wouldn't worry too much about registering until you are:

1) Within 60 days, and;

2) Know you can take part

Otherwise, you might just get a lot of indigestion as the system will alternately tell you the tickets are invalid, perfectly fine, then disappear completely but can't be re-registered, belong to someone else, or were used last Tuesday. :) Let the bugs get worked out as much as possible before doing it.

Right now people with vouchers are having trouble anyways, depending if they were purchased before or after they started changing to the new system.

I wouldn't worry too much about registering until you are:

1) Within 60 days, and;

2) Know you can take part

Otherwise, you might just get a lot of indigestion as the system will alternately tell you the tickets are invalid, perfectly fine, then disappear completely but can't be re-registered, belong to someone else, or were used last Tuesday. :) Let the bugs get worked out as much as possible before doing it.

Right now people with vouchers are having trouble anyways, depending if they were purchased before or after they started changing to the new system.

Haaaaaa! Your explanation sounds just about right! It's exactly how I imagine :-)

I'll just put it on the list of many things to do 60 days out. So much wedding planning, but it's so worth it!!

Thanks again :-)

Tamara

For those of us who have booked packages with Disney for 2014, when do you think they will start sending the magic bands to our homes? I'd really like to choose the color of my magic band. Is there somewhere on the MDE where can I do this already?

I'm July 2014 and cannot pick a band color yet. I'm guessing that if it's rolled out before my dates it will be closer to the 60 day window when that option pops up. Right now on the Magic Band page I just get information about testing.

I'm July 2014 and cannot pick a band color yet. I'm guessing that if it's rolled out before my dates it will be closer to the 60 day window when that option pops up. Right now on the Magic Band page I just get information about testing.

Almost certainly you won't be able to pick colors or customize at all until you are "eligible". What that will mean when this is fully live is uncertain, but the 60 day mark seems sensible as that also lines up with online check-in as well.

How AP holders will be handled remains to be seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter