FP+ Details Are Out!

No, if they can give you a warning of a conflict, they could certainly block you entirely from the conflict.

It's conceivable that you might want an ADR at the same time as a FP+, if e.g. you plan on eating fast, or if you are willing to lose one or the other and want to retain some flexibility.

I am assuming the system flags any times that overlap, even if it's just for 5 minutes. If your FP+ return window is 12-1 and you have an ADR at 12:45, you probably still have time to ride at 12 and make it to your ADR. I don't think it would be fair to block someone from doing this.

I am assuming the system flags any times that overlap, even if it's just for 5 minutes. If your FP+ return window is 12-1 and you have an ADR at 12:45, you probably still have time to ride at 12 and make it to your ADR. I don't think it would be fair to block someone from doing this.

i think it would be an absolute nightmare if they blocked anything...imagine having a prized FP+ vanish because of an ADR.

i also wonder if you miss your FP+ return time if you are out of luck and lose that FP+ altogether

i think it would be an absolute nightmare if they blocked anything...imagine having a prized FP+ vanish because of an ADR.

i also wonder if you miss your FP+ return time if you are out of luck and lose that FP+ altogether

FAQ page:
Q.
If I miss my FastPass+ arrival window, do I lose my opportunity to experience the attraction?

A.
We understand that there are many unexpected situations that may arise and cause you to miss your FastPass+ attraction time—but don’t worry! If your plans change while at the park and FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can modify your selections online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk.

I don't think you "lose it altogether", but you may not get the same attraction as originally scheduled. ;)

But I think Disney is fully capable of pulling of an absolute nightmare.

FAQ page:
Q.
If I miss my FastPass+ arrival window, do I lose my opportunity to experience the attraction?

A.
We understand that there are many unexpected situations that may arise and cause you to miss your FastPass+ attraction time—but don’t worry! If your plans change while at the park and FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can modify your selections online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk.

I don't think you "lose it altogether", but you may not get the same attraction as originally scheduled. ;)

hmmm, that seems to be carefully worded as to not commit to being able to reschedule AFTER you miss your return time....under the current enforced FP system, you snooze you lose...it will be interesting to see how they handle missed return times.

Okay I'm sure this has been asked but will there still be the regular fast passes once the FP+ officially goes live? If so, will they just be in the same line?

So confused and scared they are going to take away my FP :faint:
I used to balk at the other theme parks who sell their own version of the FP thinking my WDW wouldn't do that to me.

Okay I'm sure this has been asked but will there still be the regular fast passes once the FP+ officially goes live? If so, will they just be in the same line?

So confused and scared they are going to take away my FP :faint:
I used to balk at the other theme parks who sell their own version of the FP thinking my WDW wouldn't do that to me.

Once you opt into FP+ you won't get regular FP.

You won't get a choice of whether to "opt in" for long. The regular FP system will go away.

Same day Fps will be available under FP+ but will be done on your smart phone or interactive kiosks in the parks. All you have to do is wait behind everyone else trying to 1) figure it out 2) Decide amongst themselves which ride to get a slot for and 3) what time to take. :faint: I sure hope Wi-Fi starts working better when all these additional people start using it. :lmao:

Once you opt into FP+ you won't get regular FP.

You won't get a choice of whether to "opt in" for long. The regular FP system will go away.

So next year no more regular fastpass? We have to get FP+ or nothing? How much does this cost?

So next year no more regular fastpass? We have to get FP+ or nothing? How much does this cost?

Nobody knows the exact timing. Both systems will exist as they roll it out for one group after another. When that's done regular FP will go away. They have said they want it out around the first of the year, but who the heck knows.

So far they have said there is no additional cost. Some are skeptical and suggest upgrades will be available, but Disney has made no mention of this.

But yes, once the rollout is over, it will be FP+ or nothing. That doesn't mean you HAVE to schedule in advance. You can just wait and select your 3 (or whatever number they go with) FPs when you get to the park. But do so at your own peril, because others will have been scheduling for 60 or more days already and you will possibly only have leftovers available to you.

That's the way it looks, it doesn't "cost" anything ...

People are speculating it MIGHT cost something in the future, possibly to purchase additional FPs, or perhaps through a tiered system, where Deluxes get more then Value guests, but that's all just speculation at this point.

Nobody knows the exact timing. Both systems will exist as they roll it out for one group after another. When that's done regular FP will go away. They have said they want it out around the first of the year, but who the heck knows.

So far they have said there is no additional cost. Some are skeptical and suggest upgrades will be available, but Disney has made no mention of this.

But yes, once the rollout is over, it will be FP+ or nothing. That doesn't mean you HAVE to schedule in advance. You can just wait and select your 3 (or whatever number they go with) FPs when you get to the park. But do so at your own peril, because others will have been scheduling for 60 or more days already and you will possibly only have leftovers available to you.

Thanks for the Info!!! I feel like I have a bit more of a handle on what's going on. I'm sure there will be more changes before this whole thing drops, but this helps :thumbsup2

Due to cost, we have decided to stay off site 2014. Does this mean we will not get FP at all? Sorry if this has been answered, I cannot find it. Thanks

If we cannot get them at all when staying off site, why do I want to go to WDW, wait standby for everything? That will not make me a happy consumer at all--even if I am staying offsite, I am still buying a ticket to that park. Ugh.

Again, I'm amazed that the new revelation isn't making a bigger splash.

READ THESE TWO ANSWERS CAREFULLY!!!!!! I'll even bold some parts.

Q.
Can I select more than one FASTPASS+ attraction?
A.
Yes. You can reserve access to multiple FastPass+ attractions or entertainment experiences—the specific number depends on availability. In general, you will be able to select up to 4 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day at one theme park. For extra convenience, you can even make selections up to 60 days in advance of your visit.

Q.
How many FastPass+ experiences am I allowed to reserve access to for each day and for my entire vacation?

A.
The total number of FastPass+ experiences available to you during your visit depends on several factors including availability and the vacation packages and tickets linked to your Disney account. Generally, FastPass+ eligible Guests are able to select one set of FastPass+ experiences each day for every valid theme park ticket linked to their account.

Depending on availability, you should be able to reserve access to up to 4 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day.

Yes, the number 4 has been reached (and I think they are definitely saying 5 is right out!), BUT it is being presented in a way that I believe means that is your MAX number FP+ you can get in a day. I absolutely do NOT read these two answers to say we can preschedule 4 FP+. And I'm fairly certaim that simply can't happen, except for the slowest of seasons, based on ride capacity.

I think the answer now seems to be: Preschedule 3, get up to 4 total FP+ per day.

And to that, I say to Disney: It's been some some great years (almost 40), some amazing memories, and tons of fun. Thanks, and maybe I'll revisit in early February some day, or MNSSHP, but that's it. I hope you enjoy the Brazilian tour groups, and the people you kidnap at the airport, because you aren't getting much more of my money at WDW... EVER AGAIN!:sad1::sad1::sad1::sad:

Jason

AGREED! ;)

Disney brass has said repeatedly that this new system is designed to get customers to spend more money. They really haven't been all that convincing about saying that they are fixing anything.

Initially they tried that approach saying that people are spending too much time in lines, but they are backing off that. Now they are using language like "people want to interact with new technologies". This is an enhancement that the general public demanded. :)

The initial goal of FP+ according to the early articles and interviews was to "encourage" or force customers to spread out in the park and move people into lines that are not always full. If Disney get more people to leave the Space Mountain ride and enjoy the hall of presidents, take the riverboat, enjoy a leisurely lunch in the Plaza, or ride it's a small world, then the lines are balanced out and everyone is happier. It is also designed to encourage people to look at the entire experience of the park. So when you are planning don't forget to add time for the parades, fireworks, meet and greets, themed dinners, and non thrill ride attractions. Disney wants to de emphasize the thrill aspect and promote the whole park experience.

So in Epcot, people complain about not having enough rides. MDE recommends that you have lunch at Rose and Crown and then stick around to see Off Kilter in Canada. You don't need more rides. When you are done with that, get a coffee at Starbucks and meet some characters next door. And don't forget, the China has a beautiful little museum and a Movie that plays all day.

This entire MyMagic+ is a marketing concept. People are wanting it to be a great innovative experience, but I don't think it was designed for that, and Disney really hasn't even tried to sell it that way. Their best tool is the interactive queue elements, and they have done nothing to sell that - which blows my mind.

It will definitely change the way people tour at disney. Disney will make a couple of billion off it. It will make some people happier, some people disappointed, and new people won't know any difference.

:goodvibes Disney exec's are a bunch of deer in the headlight zombies who like many Co's are spending billions to make millions. :lmao:

I think the reason for FP+ changes like the weather. This is based on what employees have said and what i can gather from the media events they host/or info they put out there.
Disney appears to be chasing it's tail and becoming a follower in the industry rather than a leader.

Many new guests are not excited about all the advance planning and lack of freedom that comes with ADR's and Disney vacations in general. Many of the return guests aren't as well. :headache:

It seems to me they are gearing toward a group of individuals who are tech dependent. They should have invented a video game about going to Disney. :happytv: The people who actually get off the couch and go are, in my experiences, not amused or happy with the changes. The planners think it's too much planning, and if this was an attempt to accomodate those who didn't plan/ research in the first place, what would make them think this will inspire that action now??? :rolleyes1

I just know that I am thankful we spent the time there when it was they way it used to be. We will give this a go in Jan and April and see how it works out. Maybe we will wish the changes happened sooner, or maybe it will be our last hoorah with Disney :woohoo: :eek: popcorn::

:goodvibes

Hmm I wonder how this is going to work for Cast members and families. My cousin is a CM and sometimes gets a few of us in for the day, I'm thinking with the new system maybe they will just give out fancy 1-day paper tickets to family members but it seems like you then won't get the benefit of the additional planning and reserving FP times.
Wasn't a problem with dining reservations since they weren't tied to advanced ticket purchases.

...on that note, what about people who also get their tickets the "day of" they probably won't really get the FP+ benefits either....

Fwiw ymmv hih

Just got off the phone with technical support about other issues I'm having with the MDX and Android app.

At the end of the call, when asked if there was anything else they could do for me, I asked if there was any insider information she was willing to share about the MM+, FP+ roll-out.

Surprisingly, for the first time, I got someone to say something more than just "we are in testing".

This is what was told to me:

Testing will continue through the end of August.

Deluxe resorts (SSR) are expected to be functional by F&W (the response to my question of "Is it probable, maybe, or not likely by my 10/30 trip" was "probable, since Saratoga is a deluxe resort").

All of the testers been / are expected to fill out a survey detailing how they liked the FP+ and they are using the feedback to look at changing options. (The tech support CM mentioned specifically the limit of 3 FP+ and inability to park-hop with FP+, as well as concerns centered around AP and seasonal pass holders).

They are hoping to address the 1-park rule after the roll-out is complete, so it may be a year down the road or longer, but after she mentioned the park-hopper issues that have been brought up by testers I specifically asked if park-hopping would be available with FP+ "eventually" and she responded "yes".

"They have fingers crossed, toes crossed, and all the other body parts crossed" (her phrasing) that the roll-out will be "essentially complete" by the time F&W is finished.

:goodvibes Still waffling between abject paranoia and extreme giddiness, but feeling a smidgen better overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter