FP+ Change notification - Anna & Elsa

wow I hope they fix this glitch before canceling anymore cancellations! This is making me nervous and our trip isn't until April!

I would CRY. That was the whole reason we took our trip back in December, because my DD8 wanted to meet Anna and Elsa for Christmas. I so hope this works out for EVERYONE involved! :(

Oh, I think I'd raise hell. Cancelling for that time is one thing, but you'd think they would just reschedule a different time, instead of a different time AND attraction. How could they possibly think that was okay???

:thumbsup2

It is beyond ridiculous that Disney can put all these hoops out there for people to jump through to schedule a specific attraction, then turn around and treat it in such a cavalier fashion.

I am so sorry to hear this and this is making me nervous for when our time approaches to make our FP+ selections soon. Hope something works out for everyone affected by this.

It should be pretty easy to resolve. (But we a know how awesome WDW IT is.) At the very least, there should be a back up of the FP+ database they could call up. They also have whatever list generated the emails. And whatever parameters generated the deleted FP+. And everyone received an email. What a mess. I so hope everyone gets their FP+ back!

I"m not sure if they keep a backup. I remember in the beginning there were problems with people loosing fastpasses and it was mentioned there is no "back up" or anyway for IT to obtain the information, and that screen shots didn't always even help because there was no way to prove that you didn't go in and change it after the shot. Maybe things have changed since then. I know how frustrating this can be and wish the best for those that lost them. Remember though there is always stand by so it's not like you're locked out completely of meeting them.

I'm glad that I found this thread. I have a FP+ for the 21st, did not get an email....yet. However, I just took a screen shot, that saved me in November when this same thing happened, except they just changed my DD5 and put her with ETWB and left me with A&E! My resort concierge was the one that changed it for me, so once you all get on property if this hasn't been resolved they can help you!!!:grouphug:

It's odd. My husband said I needed to call so I did. They still can't seem to figure out what happened but said emails would be going out once they did figure it out. I'm not calling again and will deal when I get there on property if I've not heard from them before.

Remember though there is always stand by so it's not like you're locked out completely of meeting them.

I refuse to stand in line for hours for something that I did exactly as required 50-something days ago in order to get the FP in the first place. Disney will fix this, you can tell they're sick & tired of the calls. When or how? I don't know. But it won't be by me standing stand-by.

Wow, unbelievable. I think it sounds like the parade is the reason, just my gut feeing. Regardless of the reason, totally unacceptable.

I hope everyone affected gets it worked out.

OMG, I'd be in tears. We've got our A&E FP's for Feb. 27 and now I'm going to be on edge until that date comes and we actually get to see them, lol! Hope they can get it all resolved and make it right for you guys!

Wow, unbelievable. I think it sounds like the parade is the reason, just my gut feeing. Regardless of the reason, totally unacceptable.

It looks like someone changed the park hours, but set closing to noon instead of midnight, and that caused everything after noon to be cancelled since the park appeared to be closed.

It looks like someone changed the park hours, but set closing to noon instead of midnight, and that caused everything after noon to be cancelled since the park appeared to be closed.

I'm curious then. Have these same people also had FPs for other attractions cancelled that afternoon?

Our FPs were for after 10pm, so I don't think the parade is the reason.

Oh, I think I'd raise hell. Cancelling for that time is one thing, but you'd think they would just reschedule a different time, instead of a different time AND attraction. How could they possibly think that was okay???

Because that's how it has always worked.

The system is very weak regarding guests' preferences.

It treats all FP+ as being basically equal.
It's NUTS!

I just received this email and am very unhappy. Does anyone know what could have caused this? I'm about to call but wanted to check here first.

Hello, Deanna.

We're sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall from 12:50 PM to 1:50 PM on 02/19/2015 is no longer available due to an unexpected change in the operating schedule.

As a replacement, we have made a new selection for you at Enchanted Tales with Belle from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM on 02/19/2015.

Visit My plans on My Disney Experience for more details or if you would like to change this FastPass+ selection.

Oh my gosh. That is HORRIBLE! I would be so upset if this happened to me. FP+ is supposed to secure your spot for a specific attraction, not be a maybe, at least thats what it should be!!! Call right away and hopefully get this settled.

I'm curious then. Have these same people also had FPs for other attractions cancelled that afternoon?

My brother has fastpasses on the 18th and 19th at MK (not A & E since it's a last minute trip, but 7DMT and others) and all of theirs are still fine so I don't think the time error would be the problem.

If Disney is going to be fluid about things like park hours and parades 60 days in advance, then they need to modify when FP advance reservations can be made. Change the date from 60 days out to something within the window of "whenever they are less fluid", whatever that might be.

30 days for onsite and 2 weeks for offsite?
20 days for onsite and 10 days for offsite?

I don't know what the answer is... but i believe it's wrong to make guests firm up their plans at one time, and they start changing things up AFTER the guests have had to be set their plans down.

If Disney is going to be fluid about things like park hours and parades 60 days in advance, then they need to modify when FP advance reservations can be made. Change the date from 60 days out to something within the window of "whenever they are less fluid", whatever that might be.

30 days for onsite and 2 weeks for offsite?
20 days for onsite and 10 days for offsite?

I don't know what the answer is... but i believe it's wrong to make guests firm up their plans at one time, and they start changing things up AFTER the guests have had to be set their plans down.

The only "problem" with this is that the main goal of FP+ was to lock guests in. An under-30 days timeframe isn't going to lock people into vacationing at Disney the way that's desired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter