FP+ Change notification - Anna & Elsa

I agree.

So basically, customers have to start planning their trips 180/60 days out, but the parks can change whatever they want, whenever they want.

They want everyone to plan plan plan, yet be completely flexible and understanding when all of the plans change.

Yep. I got irritated with this when they changed the park hours on our trip well under the 60 day mark (closer to 30, perhaps even under 30). At which point there *were* changes made to our park schedule, and therefore FP+ too. ITA that if Disney wants guests to lock in their plans 60 days out, then Disney needs to lock *their* plans in 60 days out - at the very least with park hours.

I"m not sure if they keep a backup. I remember in the beginning there were problems with people loosing fastpasses and it was mentioned there is no "back up" or anyway for IT to obtain the information, and that screen shots didn't always even help because there was no way to prove that you didn't go in and change it after the shot. Maybe things have changed since then. I know how frustrating this can be and wish the best for those that lost them. Remember though there is always stand by so it's not like you're locked out completely of meeting them.

Oh, there's a back up. Every company keeps back ups. Whether they will access them or not for something as trivial (in their eyes) as a missing FP+ is a different matter. They may not even be easily accessible enough to be worth it for them. Obviously their IT department has never had the resources they needed--and now they are being outsourced to India. So, best of luck to everyone using FP+ now.

Annnnnnd so much for discouraging folks to make 3-4 FP for A&E throughout their stay to let others have a turn :(. Disney should honor their FP+ the same way they force us to honor ADRs (which I agree with, BTW).

This makes me crazy. Its a big deal if a person is able to secure 1 FP+ for A&E. It is not fair that they take away from others.

I replied to this thread this morning but now seeing how other people are having the same problem is making me even more frustrated. Hoping everyone can get the problem solved! Everyone intending on seeing A&E should get to see them! Will be waiting to hear how this issue worked out for everyone.

Not strange or awful. Its been posted that both are down for a couple days in March. What would be awful is not knowing in advance and getting there and having a fast pass for a ride that has a planned shut down and you dont have any ability to change it. I think the fact that they are adjusting the fastpasses and offering a replacement (which you can change since its 30 days out when they posted it) is proactive and what should be done.
I must have missed this and I don't see it on the rehab schedule. When are these rides down?

I must have missed this and I don't see it on the rehab schedule. When are these rides down?

Not listed on the refurb schedules that I usually consult.
But, HERE is the info regarding Buzz,
and HERE is the info on Pan, both from wdwmagic.com

Buzz closed on March 4 and 5, 2015.
Pan closed on March 5 and 6, 2015.

Last edited:
Okay, here's my last post on the subject. I finally got my email confirmation that the issue was resolved! I think it is well written and addresses the cause honestly (we screwed up!). Only thing different is when I look online my extra FP says it's available 9am to 12am, but I can see why they would want folks to use their original time just to keep the crowds even...
-----------------------------

Dear Suzanne,

We are looking forward to your visit at Magic Kingdom Park on February 19.

We apologize, but your FastPass+ selection for "Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall" on that day was inadvertently deleted due to operator error. As a result, we provided you with an additionalFastPass+ entitlement to enjoy during your visit. We are pleased to share that you are welcome to also come and meet with Anna and Elsa on February 19. Your window of availability will be your originally scheduled start time +2 hours.

If you need further assistance, please contact a member of our Guest Services Support Team at 407-827-2595 and we will be happy to help you.

Once again our apologies for the confusion.

Wishing you many magical memories,

I didn't receive an email/specific FP+, but did notice in my Itinerary now there is a "Select One Fastpass" option that's valid for the entire day, from a list of about 7 experiences to choose from, including A&E.

I would also mention if this is real and not just a "technical glitch" (meaning likely some idiot without a brain thought it would not be a problem kicking people off of meeting Anna & Elsa) that Disney's stated solution to losing an FP+ because the attraction goes down is for Disney to provide another FP+ for use at any time in the same day for any attraction (meaning you can use it for Anna & Elsa at another time) and thus as noted above that should be what you get.

Glad to see it was resolved. For such a hard to get FP+, for it to be dropped and substituted with anything else other than a meet with Anna and Elsa just wouldn't work for pretty much anyone.

Pan is scheduled to be down the 5th and 6th of March. Buzz is down March 4th and 5th.

Sorry meant to say its on the Disney website as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter