For those who have seen both Fantasmics

Will I end up disappointed by WDW F!

• Total voters
I've never really given much thought to which is better. I've seen WDW version probably 8 or more times more than the Disneyland version...... and I would never consider it such a lesser of the two. It's different, yes. Everyone has opinion though, just hope you see it to make a decision yourself. I like them both. :love:

they have something that DL doesn't have: seats!
This is the only advantage that DHS has over DL. The overall show is much better at DL - the use of the Columbia in the Peter Pan sequence rather than Pocahontas, Mark Twain in the finale rather than the sad looking "steamboat facade" and a more impressive DL dragon.

If you're going to WDW, definitely see this show. It's at close of the Hollywood Studios. Really, what else would you do at 7pm at night? Go see it, for sure.
Well, now there's the Star Wars laser projections and fireworks show that is well worth seeing. You cannot see both SW and Fantasmic if both are only being shown once in the evening because they are scheduled close together to spread out the crowds. I am not much of a Star Wars fan, but I enjoyed it and I would choose the SW show over Fantasmic again. If there is a second Fantasmic scheduled later in the evening it is less crowded so you could walk in shortly before the start of the show if you want to be able to compare the DL and DHS shows.

We were only at WDW a week but since we were on the dining plan, we did a Fantasmic dinner package and saw it. I missed the Peter Pan sequence, but it was still worth it. My kids said they liked it better. I wouldn't go that far, but I was not disappointed.

The nice thing about the stadium at DHS is that it's easy to just go in and sit down and chill, usually it is more than half empty when we are there. I would neither get a FP nor a dining package for it, even if it were more crowded.

But, the show does seem diminished without the River of Americas and its boats. Plus, like so much of WDW, it seems to go without any updates that happen at DL.

This is what the DHS Finale boat looks like:
DSC_0159_zps66f57343.jpg

As others have said, if you had a lot of time, then I would go see the DHS version of F!. However, if you're on a limited schedule, I would take a look at the other offerings (e.g., Star Wars Spectacular) and see which one is more interesting to you. Also, depending on when the parks close, you might be able to hop over to a different park after DHS closes and see some other night time show or get in a few extra attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter